It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, Italy Launch Joint Marine Drill, Iran to Play More Active Role in Asian Collaborations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A joint Naval drill between Iran and Italy was reported back on September 27. Iran's Alvand and Alborz destroyers, Navy air fleet helicopter and [one] Italian helicopter participated in the drill; the drill comprised of intelligence collection, surveillance, and flight drills,”. It sounds like Iran spearheaded the drill, but Italy is part of NATO, so this is confusing to me.

Rear. Adm. Hossein Azad told reporters on a morning parade that ‘Euro’ had been docking for 4 days in Bandar Abbas and had participated in a joint military navy drill with Iran’s Navy fleet of two warships

Then on Monday, there was an article about Iran's President speaking at the 2nd Asia Cooperation Dialogue Summit in Thailand, with focus on strengthening Iran's collaborations with Asian nations. Iran's President stated that:

“Asia’s power is dependent on self-confidence and a shared will for convergence.”

The full transcripts of the President's remarks can be found in the 2nd link below.

Iran, Italy Joint Naval Drill Article

Iran & Asian Collaborations Article
edit on 11-10-2016 by FamCore because: edited title

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ah, it's Iran playing the propaganda battle, when it was probably just a ship passing through. It's hardly a major exercise and I doubt the Italians were too taken aback by the Iranian navy's capability.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I wonder what is going to happen between US/the West and Iran/Russia/China - it's interesting that Turkey seems to be getting cozier with Russia, but is a member of NATO.

I can't keep it all straight!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Nothing's going to happen. It's a fantasy to think Iran/China/Russia will do anything significantly military to the west either individually, or collectively.

Turkey's relations with Russia are not even warm. They are just off cold. Turkey wants Assad gone, while Russia wants Assad to stay. Turkey is a regional rival to Iran. Iran is a friend of Russia. Russia have just installed a missile systems in Syria that cover half of Turkey - if that's not unfriendly then I would like to know what is.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is no legitimate justification for a hostile stance towards Iran. Especially considering they are fighting the Islamic State, which despite some people's claims are Iran's mortal enemies.

Good on Italy for agreeing to these drills.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What's interesting is that maybe the world is waking up to the tyranny of the American/Israel/Saudi world-wide Axis of evil

top topics

join