It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Input

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
Lately, every night the past two weeks when I go to bed I will be laying there when all of a sudden my head will go numb and I become paralized.

At that moment I fell an intense amount of fear, and after strugling to move as soon as feeling returns to my head I can move again.

Of course the first thing I do is get up out of bed and try to make sense of it all.

Once I calm down I go back to bed and generally fall a sleep with out incident.

Yes I feel a presance in the room but I never see anything though.

Where does a person turn to get help on this matter, I told my Dr. about it and she just looked at me like I was crazy so I didn't bring it up to her again.

Have you tried searching around, I know how it feels sometimes, but there is a lot of good people out there, they sometimes ramble on a little but they'll help. You should discuss your problem with a trustyworthy doctor ( ? ) explain your condition, no offense but I'm sure the doctor wasn't looking at you like you were ''crazy'' - expressions can look different if your mind is racing - calm down, they're there to help, Thats what they are trained for.

Good luck~

[edit on 26-1-2005 by SteveG]

[edit on 26-1-2005 by SteveG]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you saw my Dr's eyes when I explained my problem and her reaction you would know how "crazy" she thought I was.

Never the less I will bring up the point of mini strokes that was mentioned earlier.

Do you think I should ask for a sleep study?

Alls I know is its really upsetting, I am to the point that I sleep with the lights on some nights.

Thanks for the tips.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you saw my Dr's eyes when I explained my problem and her reaction you would know how "crazy" she thought I was.

Your symptoms are not uncommon, and neither is your doctor's reaction.

...Be persistent, stress your symptoms (not a diagnosis) and if possible, take an "advocate" with you to your appointment. Reinforcements help.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I wen't to my Dr today and spoke with her about my symptoms.

She prescribed "Inderal LA" for high blood pressure even though my blood pressure has always been normal.

Does this sound right to anyone?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
hello
I am a medical student....when i was in High schools I had similar probs but i have developed my own treatment and have recovered

but b4 i suggest u any thing answer me the foll

1 do u have the habit of staying awake late night...i mean laying down at bed thinking and thinking....not sleeping?
2 how often do you masturbate b4 u go to sleep and in which way do you masturbate?
3 are u an introvert?
4 are u having any tension concerning carrier social prestige etc
5 when u sleep do u sleep upsidedown with ur chest facing the bed if not do you keep your hands over your chest?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by prelude
hello
I am a medical student....when i was in High schools I had similar probs but i have developed my own treatment and have recovered

but b4 i suggest u any thing answer me the foll

1 do u have the habit of staying awake late night...i mean laying down at bed thinking and thinking....not sleeping?
2 how often do you masturbate b4 u go to sleep and in which way do you masturbate?
3 are u an introvert?
4 are u having any tension concerning carrier social prestige etc
5 when u sleep do u sleep upsidedown with ur chest facing the bed if not do you keep your hands over your chest?

When I first started to read this I thought you truley wanted to help.
Now I think you are mocking me.

1. Yes and No. I get up very early for work so I don't stay up too late but I do have a tough time getting my mind to stop thinking.
2. I would have to say almost never before bed.
3. What is an introvert?
4. I have some stress with work, limited social anxiety and no prestige problems.
5. I usually sleep on one of my sides.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
why shall i mock at you? these are the standard questions asked in case of nervous system problems ...you shouldnot be guilty concious
Generally such problems arise due to in proper sleeping posture
1 while you sleep you should make sure that you are not at stress or clinical depression
2 you should not have hypoglycemia (make a proper diet chart by your nutrician)
3 make sure you dont have hypotension and your pulse rate is around normal (72 /min)
4 most important thing is that while you sleep make sure that your chest is not under any sort of pressure ......acctualy when we are having REM sleep there is a depression of the Cerebral cortex...but vital functions like respitatory movts are maintained but when the body is under stress , clinical depression hypoglycemia , hypotension , weakness (masturbation) the Respiratory centre in the cerebral cortex may get severely depressed which will lead weakening of breathing movements ....leading to hypoxia ..and temporary paralysis and severe weakness after recovery
but such condition dosent occur unless the above mentioned conditions are severe or chronioc
this paralysis may occur in a healthy person when some sort of pressure is applyed over the chest (like sleeping upside down or putting your hand overthe chest) undersuch conditions the cerebral cortex is active but external pressure hinders proper respiratory movements leading to hypoxia and paralysis ......
so I ll suggest you to sleep erect so that your chest faces minimum resistance....
I hope after my explanation you cam clearly understand why I asked you such questions ...I always wanted to help you anyway if you felt insulted by my questions I am sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I wen't to my Dr today and spoke with her about my symptoms.

She prescribed "Inderal LA" for high blood pressure even though my blood pressure has always been normal.

Does this sound right to anyone?

absolutely not if your bp is normal. ....did she take your bp? what was it? ...have you searched "side effects" on the net?

...IMO - if you need to control your bp, ask her if you can take aspirin, and request the test.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My BP was 120/70 which the nurse said was normal.

I have not checked to see what the side effects are yet.

I took it the first night and the numbness in my head and paralisis was alot more intense.

It seemed like it took a lot longer to gain movement.

What should I do?

Prelude, sorry for being so defensive, I have been some what snappy lately.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by bpletcj]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I took it the first night and the numbness in my head and paralisis was alot more intense.

What should I do?

I am not a doctor and can't give medical advice.

That said - most doctors rely on drug salesman for their 'continuing education.'

120/70 is normal. So if you have a bp problem, it's 'episodic.' Figure out what you're doing to trigger it - and stop. I don't take drugs unless I have no other option - and I usually find another option. Drugs tend to fix one problem and create 3 more... I suspect they're actually designed to do that.

Review your life - cut stress, eat a varied diet, exercise - and know you're not alone, and you're not nuts. ...Do some research, be prepared to be overwhelmed and take some time to find your way.

It's not your fault if you're sick, and it's not your fault if you don't get better. But you do have some power. Learn what it is and how to use it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

What should I do?

I am not a doctor and can't give medical advice.

That said - most doctors rely on drug salesman for their 'continuing education.'

120/70 is normal. So if you have a bp problem, it's 'episodic.' Figure out what you're doing to trigger it - and stop. I don't take drugs unless I have no other option - and I usually find another option. Drugs tend to fix one problem and create 3 more... I suspect they're actually designed to do that.

Review your life - cut stress, eat a varied diet, exercise - and know you're not alone, and you're not nuts. ...Do some research, be prepared to be overwhelmed and take some time to find your way.

It's not your fault if you're sick, and it's not your fault if you don't get better. But you do have some power. Learn what it is and how to use it.

You should be an insperational writter, I got goose bumps just reading your reply.

Thank you very much for the encouragement, and I don't mean to sound like I have lost all hope when I write in this thread, I still try to get better, its just trying to figure out whats causing this is eluding me.

Again thanks for the support.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

[You should be an insperational writter, I got goose bumps just reading your reply.

Thank you very much for the encouragement,

aww shucks. [blush]

You made my day. Thank you. ...and good luck. I know you can do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You can get into this stage by meditation. You are aware while your body is asleep. Can you see while you are paralyzed?

I dont see any harm in it.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes I can see while I am paralized. Only look in the direction my head is frozen in.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Next time try to look to your side. If your body was asleep your eyes would be closed. Is your sight a little different? Does your room look darker?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Possibly an exsessive build up of fluid in the cavity of the sinus or brain area it's self can cause anything from euphoric feeling to headaches and loss of sensation , get an MRI, and CAT for futher. See also is a neurologist amy be able to do a sleep observation study where in the monitor brain waves, pulse rate , rem movements, etc. that may hold a clue and all you have to do is sleep for this test.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join