It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members from Canada to help a Brazilian fellow with some informations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi, there!

*please move to correct area if I'm not doing it right

So, how are you guys?

I'm looking for a Canadian friend that could help me to get a job on your lovely country, and no, I'll not beg for a job, I just need some tips to translate my resume and make a intro lecter.

I'm currently on Network (IT) area and this is not a very good area here, I'll probably gonna get fired when my company's contract finishes, so I'm expanding my view and trying to discover if I'm eligible to work outside my home country, 'cause that's really the dream (atleast for us here, heheh)

So if you, my new Canadian mate, can send me a PM or an email, or just reply this thread, I'd be very happy to get this dream started!

My best regards,

*snip*

edit on 10/11/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm not Canadian, so can't help You with that side of it, but do wish the best of luck.

Wanted to say welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just so you know, it's pretty difficult to immigrate to Canada. You can't just apply to jobs ns move here.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Just so you know, it's pretty difficult to immigrate to Canada. You can't just apply to jobs ns move here.

What if I really, really like poutine and snow?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then you should apply for a student visa, but never leave. Live out your days in Northern Quèbec.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thanks for the reply!

I'm doing lots of research, and I know I need the money, the english/french, tests, government permissions, etc...

Do you have any more tips or something that could help me?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Thank you!!!

I wish you the same

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Do you have family here? This is the best way to ensure entrance. Also, work on specializing in your field, something you see a lot of job ads for. Canada has a ton of "IT guys", so you likely aren't going to get far with that.

Apply for Express Entry via the CIC website as soon as you have enough money saved.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

No, only a friend who's working there too... Sure, specializing is my #1 priority!!!

Working on Microsoft certifications atm. Thanks, will keep an eye on Express Entry!!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

When are you hoping to move?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

As soon as I finish my college and take the IELTS test, I hope it doesn't take more than 3 years.

It's a long-time planning but I want to go ready to stay.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That's lots of time, but you'll also need to work in your field in your home country for a year or so before they'll bring you over here.

Also, start saving. Plan on needing about $2000 ish for fees, travel expenses, private health insurance, plus $10,000+ in money to assure you can support yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That's lots of time, but you'll also need to work in your field in your home country for a year or so before they'll bring you over here.

Also, start saving. Plan on needing about $2000 ish for fees, travel expenses, private health insurance, plus $10,000+ in money to assure you can support yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

There may be a alternate route to Canada you can check out but it will require some digging and learning . Canada the Crown Corporation is not the original peoples .First Nations are and with that tid bit I will drop off this wiki page for you to consider . en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Contact the Canadian Embassy in your own country for how why what where when.

They will answer you. Good luck.

MS
USA

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Move to Syria, throw a towel on your head, roll around in the dirt a bit, get a buddy to bloody your lip and then apply for refugee status. I'm being sarcastic, or am I? Lol. I've been trying to get south Africans sponsored for years, so a direct approach to immigration is not working well. There is a weighting system however, you best chances would be if you are a non-binary, transgendered "female" with a disability and being of any race other than white or Asian coming from an alleged war zone where your life is in danger, no degrees required and you don't have to be useful to society, the government just has to get you on the IMF assets books ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Thank you!!!

I wish you the same

Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Canada is insanely protectionist with jobs. I worked in a company that had half a dozen sites in Canada, and we were regularly denied entrance into Canada to do work because of varied/sundry reasons. A favorite:

Q: "What brings you to Canada"

A: "Our company outsources call center services, and there are new standards that our client needs us to train on"

Q: "So you are coming into Canada to work?"

A: "Yes"

Q: "Entry denied"

Reason being: why can't a Canadian do that training? We should bring a Canadian into the States to recieve the training, then send them back up to train the Canadians.

The Canadian government is apparently every bit as stupid as ours.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then you should apply for a student visa, but never leave. Live out your days in Northern Quèbec.

The student visa/exchange student is the best and fastest way...and try to get any type of work at the college/university (like invigilator, or marker/grader) while you study and kiss up to everyone, like you have never kissed up before. Northern Quebec, huh? Brrrrr...but beautiful.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What if I really, really like poutine and snow?

Then I would suggest Quebec LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join