It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As you've gotten older, how much shorter have you become

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Gravity sucks!

Posting fluff because the other side is so toxic right now and I want to participate so...

I've said several times when describing myself physically here that I'm a little over 5' 7". More specifically 5' 7 ¼" (145.4 cm) or at least that's what I always went by. New measurements taken today show that I am 5' 6 1/8" tall (142.556cm). I am an inch and an eighth (2.6cm) shorter than I was when i was when I was 40! I'll be 62 at the beginning of January.

Google tells me it is fairly normal to lose 4/10 of an inch every decade after the age of 40 so I'm pretty close to that but yikes! I feel like the Incredible Shrinking Woman!

My posture is good and I'm in fairly decent shape. I've been tested for osteoporosis and I'm still a little taller than average but dang! I think it's time to start wearing heels again and not feel like I should be playing for the WNBA or something?

FWIW, my hair is still down to my nipples but it's a lot longer too than when I was 40.

So you folks with more mature bodies, have you checked your height lately?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I am 38,My hight is fine but am starting to think my third leg is not big as used to be...
functions fine but not rock solid as used to be. is this normal..?
edit on 11-10-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Agree about gravity sucking. Seeing you brought up nipples and gravity in the same thread, is it inappropriate if I ask if they still stand (up stand) the "test of time"

(age 59 here BTW)

hehehe

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Agree about gravity sucking. Seeing you brought up nipples and gravity in the same thread, is it inappropriate if I ask if they still stand (up stand) the "test of time"

(age 59 here BTW)

hehehe

Hahaha! My nipples are definitely not where they were in my 20's, 30's and even 40's. I have relatively small breasts (B cup) so it's not like they're down to my navel or anything but admittedly, they aren't quite as perky as they used to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
I am 38,My hight is fine but am starting to think my third leg is not big as used to be...
functions fine but not rock solid as used to be. is this normal..?

I think they make a little blue pill for that?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I used to be 6'2,but after breaking neck and back I'm around 6'1 in 63,mostly slimmer,but I still have good posteur.,just hurt like hell all the time now

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm 39 and about 6'2", I'll report back in 2026, as long as the world's still here...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was 14 inches.

Now with climate change, i'm 10 inches.

Shorter, in height. I mean.. Oo

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Yes, definitely! My grown children always make fun of me about it. I've always been 5'10" but have been measured recently at 5'9". I'm about to turn 58. I exercise and keep slim etc, but it has nothing to do with that.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've always been 5'6'', but haven't checked it in a few years (I'm 56). Now I'm scared to! I'm just jealous of my 5'8 1/2'' teen daughter - not even so much the actual height, but those long legs she has. Most of my height is in my torso.

My mom was 5'2'', but has shrunk an inch or two over the years. It's kind of hilarious to see her standing next to my daughter.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I used to be 5' 11" but now I'm 5' 9". I guess that's not too bad considering how much shorter my money and time seem to be getting.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am 57. I used to be 5' 9". I am now 5' 7 1/2". I figure by the time I am 70 I will be short enough to wear really high heels. I was always to tall for them. Oh, I forgot, bad knees. I will stick with flats. My daughter was always an inch shorter then me but is now taller. We would always stand next to each other and look in the mirror at our height. She is now 32 and when she visits we still do that because she loves that she is taller than me.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Its okay, everyone does it.

Why do people shrink with age?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Even worse: somewhere in your mid 30's the rate of cell regeneration passed the tipping point where you began having a net loss of live cellular mass.

Don't feel too bad. Only 1/10 of the biomass that you call "me" is actually human anyway. The rest is various microbes and parasites.
Its somewhat unnerving to think about....but its true for all of us.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm 62. I used to be 5'10"
I now look out of the zipper in the front of my pants.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Also 62. Didn't think there were many here my age-I feel ancient. Have a bad back but still measuring the same 5'9" gargantuan height for a woman. I hated always being so tall. Tallest in my high school graduating class-taller than all the football players but it was a tiny school. Still hate high heels-and I hate to admit it-short men. My son is 6'4 and my brothers and father all over 6' so I am used to tall men-they are their same heights too even at over 60.
My mother, 83, however, we call the incredible shrinking woman. She has a bad back also and has lost at least 3-4 inches off her original 5'7" so I expect shinkage-and kinda welcome it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am 50 soon and i have shrunk in hight from 6;1 down to 5:11 also my foot size has gone from a 12 down to a size 10 and it all magically moved to my belly , see signature

And Hamish the kilt monster vanishes in the shower when Homer simpsons belly joins me

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why are all you ladies so worried about being too tall or wearing heels that are too high? Long legged women are gorgeous and remember ...all women are the perfect height lying down.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I hated hanging over most men that I met. I actually married a man 5'10" and with even small heels he felt short to me; I had to divorce him. I like tall, tall men-just the way I am. I just don't feel as feminine when I am taller than the man. Maybe my generation-but I hate being so tall-and all my friend are around average height of 5'4-5'6" and I have always stuck out-and I hate it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've lost an inch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join