It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffett Calls Trump’s Bluff and Releases His Tax Data

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Buffet is a dem, no one cares about his taxes.

How bout them open borders hillary wants, eh?

Hey, BB, do straw hats cost alot these days?

How about the canes?

The striped suits?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

None of that is illegal however and common practice.

It is morally questionable though, but morals matter little in big business.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Not sure why people are so concerned about his taxes. Look, he's not going to win. I'm voting for him and knew this from day one. Both parties hate him, banks hate him, corporations hate him, most of Hollywood hates him....geez. He has a lot of support but these are upper middle class to slightly upper middle mainly. He tapped into a class that the Democrats don't want anything to do with. This is the class of people they handed the bag of rocks to in the ACA and also higher taxes than any other class based off of percentage of income to tax rate. These people are angry because nobody fights for them. They don't care who fights for them as long as they have someone and that person is Trump.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Is Buffet under audit?

Nixon released his taxes and he was under an audit at the time. Being audited isn't what stopping Trump from releasing his taxes.

Nixon didn't release his taxes until a year after he was re-elected.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
a reply to: Bhadhidar

None of that is illegal however and common practice.

It is morally questionable though, but morals matter little in big business.

None of that MAY not have been illegal.

Having spent twenty plus years dealing with taxes, both business and personal income taxes, I know that there is often a very fine line between what is legal, what would seem to be legal, and what is illegal.

And never assume that just because someone is a high-priced "tax professional" that they always know the difference.

They don't.

I'm not so concerned about a candidate's so-called "morals" as I am regarding that candidate's willingness to suborn the law to my detriment.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Trump is a coward hiding something and that's why he won't release his taxes. He should be disqualified at this point, he's a complete disgrace to America.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He should just release it at this point. As he said, "what do you have to lose" in regards to the poverty stricken areas in our country. The "Ghettos" etc.

Surely, it can't out match the Clintons absurdity level and or at worst match the absurdity on par with the Clintons.

Which, I've come to the conclusion it might be accurate. Because as Trump said, "I'll release it when you release the 30,000 emails" etc.

Which portrays, "hey my tax information might get a major MSM bashing but it shouldn't shadow Hillary's corruption and abusement of power"

Interesting. Just my 2cents.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Interesting, I didnt know that regarding Nixon.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think we know why, without being too specific.

Because he is dirtier than a dumpster full of STD laden syringes, emptied into a sewer trap, and covered in plague rats.

Don't give us all this soft soapy, pussy footing around mate...tell us what you really think.

On a different note, is it true that Trump can sue bloggers and online commentators for slander / defamation if they write things that are patently not true or cannot be proven?

Just asking...while being aware of the very deep legal pockets these people have.

Seriously...i'd be careful what you say, unless you have proof mate.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
He can state a list longer then his arm about why he won't release it but it's only because he doesn't want people to know what is in it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm confused about that "open borders" thing too. Has she ever denied this? A lot of politicians have Utopian dreams of open borders (especially when it comes to trade).

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think we know why, without being too specific.

Because he is dirtier than a dumpster full of STD laden syringes, emptied into a sewer trap, and covered in plague rats.

Don't give us all this soft soapy, pussy footing around mate...tell us what you really think.

On a different note, is it true that Trump can sue bloggers and online commentators for slander / defamation if they write things that are patently not true or cannot be proven?

Just asking...while being aware of the very deep legal pockets these people have.

Seriously...i'd be careful what you say, unless you have proof mate.

Are you suggesting Donald Trump is going to sue TrueBrit for giving an answer that is clearly hyperbolic speculation? Really?

Should he throw in the word ALLEGEDLY?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Buffet totally swarmed the waters like a shark after the housing crash and made an enormous amount of money off of banks. The same banks that got bailed out with US tax dollars. People got nothing out of it. Economy is almost at 0% growth. These banks went right back to their old tricks as well. I read an article about it a few years ago. Not faulting the guy for making money but him acting like some pious guy is a joke. Trump business is also much different, huge swings in real estate and entertainment investments. Some years he is way way up. Some years it falls off a cliff depending on the economy.

End of the day Trump does not have to show his taxes. If people don't like it don't vote for him. Vote for the person the FBI tried to open a case on their business the "foundation" and were told NO by the DOJ.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I will tell you what.

I will be as careful as he is, and we shall see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Is Buffet under audit?

According to Buffet he is.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

All your diatribe means is that you have never had a start from your Dad (like Trump did) to go and do some property developments.

BTW those taxes that you proudly wear like a badge of honour bailed out Banksters who are the 1%, and the biggest tax evaders and in some way probably responsible for one of your job losses in your past.
So I wouldn't think paying taxes is some god given honour only reserved for the moral crusaders.

Golf clap. Your "little diatribe" means you are yet another drooling Trump zombie who eats his BS like caviar. Yes, we all know Trump is not a self made man, but another rich boy who was born into the easy life with his future handed to him on a silver platter. Which makes him yet another establishment clone peddling the same snake oil, rebranded for morons. Congrats.

My tax dollars have paid for many ills. You know what else they pay for? Military salaries. Roads. Schools. Cops. Ect. You don't wanna pay taxes? Then make sure you use none of these services. Otherwise, you are a freeloader.

I pay taxes not because it is moral, but because unlike Trump, I don't have the money to buy politicians to write tax codes I can sham my way out of. Nor can I hire accountants and tax attorneys to show me how I can screw an already corrupt system.

Unlike Trump and his supporters, I do not mind paying my fair share of taxes, since taxes are what support the services and infrastructure of this country that I utilize. Trump has been using these same services without paying a dime. So that makes him a leech.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
hmm, where are those 'rogue vigilante hackers seeking the truth for the populace' when you need them....

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well apparently Trump cares as he brought it up during a nationally televised presidential debate shown on most of the major networks during prime time hours. So your statement there, apparently in support of Trump, is completely false.

Open borders??? This thread is about Trumps taxes.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't take Buffet's bait if I were Donald. Trump has already released 104 pages of financials. I would stick to my guns. When Hillary releases the tens of thousands of emails that belong to us, the American People, I would consider it. Till then, they could fuhget'about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Trump has already released 104 pages

You gotta wonder why he's reluctant to release his tax returns? If he was able to release 104 of his financials. I mean I know you don't care what's on em'. I know many Trump supporters wouldn't care if he never paid any taxes, or that there's money tracking back to the Clinton Foundation. Supporters will vote for him regardless. But that's besides the fact. It's becoming apparent to everybody, including his supporters, that he's hiding something. What's the deal?

We can only speculate at this point Queen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join