It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Donald Trump melt down and go insane?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

THAT is what the founding fathers wanted to see.... we have the anecdotal quote attributed to Ben Franklin -- “A Republic, if you can keep it.” Right now, we are not keeping it very well, we have become bad stewards of our Foundational Greatness. A Greatness built on the premise of compromise, something we let go 20 years ago, it is not a recent phenomenon.....

I spent a lot of time reading online yesterday

I came away with the feeling that this wobbling towards calamity might be a good thing for us

We'll know better - in a few years. Good luck to us all

:-)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Do you have some inconsolable death-wish? I find it extraordinarily strange that someone with your degree of literary abilities could be persuaded by Donald Trump.

Since Trump = chaos, I'm assuming that its trump in his potential chaos, and yourself, being relatively moorless, cynical, and "miserable" about life possibilities, that establishes the strangness of the connection.

I like your thinking here, and you're close—I enjoy the contrarian position. But, in the end, I blame Orwell for my defence of Trump.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Will he rage-quit? That remains to be seen. I wouldn't write off the odds of it, however. They should sell tickets for the video replay on IMAX as a high-tech comedy.

Actually no, no, no one wants to see the mangled apricot that huge. Never mind.

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why does everyone assume people are pro Hillary If they point out bad things about Trump?.
You can think both are useless you know.

Because Americans in general are f$&*ing STUPID and can't fathom supporting other candidates. Red & Blue are the oooonly colors in the Short Bus rainbow.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

calamity might be a good thing for us

It's like Joni Mitchell sang, "you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone". We lose this round to reactionary ideology, it will take generations, not a few years, to turn this ship around. As it is, young people will have to fight in the Bernie Revolution, "street fighting" from the ground up, via the only vehicle with political power to do so, the only party capable of being pushed in that direction, Democratic Party. There is zero chance of that happening through any other party now.

Trump (and the GOP) can have their meltdowns, but I'll be damned if I want to see this country creep one more inch rightward. Too much ground has been lost already under the decades long Reagan Revolution.

Godspeed.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Phage

I do remember an MP swinging the big golden Ceremonial mace when he got annoyed.

en.wikipedia.org...

This one just attempted to steal it I think.

Just not on you know!.

I have it on good authority that at least 1/3 of them at any given moment are pissed, you'd be surprised at just how many MP's are technically alcoholics.

When I found that out I couldn't watch House of Commons debates the same way again, it makes sense.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

It's like Joni Mitchell sang, "you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone". We lose this round to reactionary ideology, it will take generations, not a few years, to turn this ship around. As it is, young people will have to fight in the Bernie Revolution, "street fighting" from the ground up, via the only vehicle with political power to do so, the only party capable of being pushed in that direction, Democratic Party. There is zero chance of that happening through any other party now. .

Everybody knows what everybody's got in this new world of internet communication.

Look around the world - - - it all seems to be going in the same direction - - all seem to be having the same issues.

It just isn't "us vs them" anymore - - - we all seem to be floating in the same pot.

What exactly are we fighting about?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
.... And that means a few more weeks of crazy for all of us.

You know it isn't going to stop. The madness will still keep going for years after the election. Look at how he got sucked into the birther thing. He'll never accept that he lost the election and claim wide spread voter fraud. I bet it will be the first thing that he will tweet when it is clear that he has lost the election. Even with all the calls and recruiting for poll watchers it still won't be enough for him. Imagine if he starts the Trump News Network? His claims of a rigged election will be non-stop!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I shudder. I sense the Trumpocalypse Meltdown is nigh.

Donald Trump Tells Supporters At Florida Rally That Election Day Is November 28th

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Holy #. How ill informed IS he?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Will I go Insane Reading such an Idiotic Thread ? I better leave now , I do not feel well all of a sudden.......

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

the Trumpocalypse Meltdown is nigh.

Oh how I wish I could edit the title of the OP.

Today, his immediate appeal to WikiLeaks, while it makes sense, at another level, it's not so good for a Presidential candidate to be so reliant on hacked information to try to stage a comeback.

If Russia is involved, then that will piss Americans off, to be so influenced during the end-run of their election cycle.

That's coming up tomorrow I believe, with Obama coming out to make a statement about it, and to offer reprisals.

I wonder if they have proof that indeed it is Russia behind the DNC leaks?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh. Ok.
So, a hundred people or so counts as a stadium. Impressive.
cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com...

A hundred people?

Try again Phage...
edit on 12-10-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I wonder if they have proof that indeed it is Russia behind the DNC leaks?

Yes, and the candidates were briefed on it. So, maybe his continued ranting is a sign of his insanity and meltdown.

A senior U.S. intelligence official assured NBC News that cybersecurity and the Russian government's attempts to interfere in the 2016 election have been briefed to, and discussed extensively with, both parties' candidates, surrogates and leadership, since mid-August. "To profess not to know at this point is willful misrepresentation," said the official. "The intelligence community has walked a very thin line in not taking sides, but both candidates have all the information they need to be crystal clear."
"The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from U.S. persons and institutions, including from U.S. political organizations."

source

haha take the band Europe's song "The Final Countdown" and change it to "The Final Meltdown".... it seems to work perfectly in this case

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good points. I think the main issues in the world (and have been for awhile) are income inequality, access to clean air and water (i.e. pollution), and energy production (where alternative energy is badly needed). We are all affected by these things.

Internally, we need to come together to turn back the corporate-rule ideology that has been spread (i.e. Koch ideology spread by Koch $$$). Externally, we certainly can come together to lessen pollution and work on alternative energy, good things. It is impossible nowadays to isolate ourselves from what are worldwide problems.

It would help to have a leader who will understand these things and not act irrationally, selfishly, lurching towards a meltdown.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh. Ok.
So, a hundred people or so counts as a stadium. Impressive.
cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com...

A hundred people?

Try again Phage...

And yet, he's still not outdrawing Romney.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I think there's just a different mentality between Trump voters and Hillary voters.

I'd say most Hillary voters have been established solid supporters for many years.

We don't need to be Rabble Roused.

Those I know voting for Hillary just say: "I know who I'm voting for, I don't need anything else".

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I think there's just a different mentality between Trump voters and Hillary voters.

I'd say most Hillary voters have been established solid supporters for many years.

Those I know voting for Hillary just say: "I know who I'm voting for, I don't need anything else".

My feeling is that Trump is saying things that really rile up a certain portion of the population. These are people who feel marginalized, who are angry, who are fearful of the way the world is changing around them. Trump gives voice to all the things they are feeling.

Unfortunately, a lot of what Trump is saying is taken directly from Right Wing conspiracy websites, which only perpetuate an echo-chamber specifically designed to KEEP them RILED UP.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Annee

My feeling is that Trump is saying things that really rile up a certain portion of the population. These are people who feel marginalized, who are angry, who are fearful of the way the world is changing around them. Trump gives voice to all the things they are feeling.

Absolutely!

Unfortunately, a lot of what Trump is saying is taken directly from Right Wing conspiracy websites, which only perpetuate an echo-chamber specifically designed to KEEP them RILED UP.

For sure.

I've been wondering and have asked supporters here if they really think Trump can do the job of president. Haven't seen a "real" answer yet.

Sadly, I think many just wanna "stick it to the establishment" - - without any real consideration what that will mean.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sadly, I think many just wanna "stick it to the establishment" - - without any real consideration what that will mean.

That is a frightening thought, Annee. But I think that it is very accurate.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Keep in mind i'm not saying Trump will win. I think its a long shot now, but what Trump is doing (and I love it) is exposing the DC elites and the Clinton machine for the crooked deceptive # that they are. Trump is going to bring the whole house down before this is over and take everyone with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join