It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Proof That Benghazi Was Preventable?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I found the email on WikiLeaks. We can't post WL URL's but it's:

wikileaks*org/podesta-emails/emailid/2038

where the asterisk is a dot. Here's a screenshot of the top:

Full size

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Awesome thread as always

Wonder how many flags were a result of people just reading the title and not the O.P lol

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7
Does it matter?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
LOL... a little over-played A.D.

In the current news cycle... almost old news. Blumenthal was quoting Eichenwald's article... so yeah... it was jumping to conclusions by Trump and whoever...

But this story from Eichenwald, isn't actually the entire story here, now is it? More documents released today... and some are quite damning... especially the ones where DNC consultants and operative's openly suggest voters are to be manipulated into a "compliant" state like so many sheep.

This show is just getting going1
edit on 11-10-2016 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

But this story from Eichenwald, isn't actually the entire story here, now is it?

No.
But it's not the only nonsense that Trump has spouted, now is it?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Little more digging:

None of the usual suspects among the "alt-right news" / "news blogs" made the same mistake as Sputnik and Trump did but I did find that popular alt-right... I dunno what to call him, he refers to himself an alt-right writer/journalist... Matt Forney (who if you look through the DNC "Leaks" thread is linked numerous times because... blind leading blind) did tweet a similar miscomprehension at 1:33 PM (EST):

Matt Forney ‏@basedmattforney

Sidney Blumenthal admits that Benghazi was "almost certainly preventable!" Hillary coverup! #PodestaEmails2

1:33 PM - 10 Oct 2016
0 replies 639 retweets 484 likes

Sputnik article was posted at 22:23 (Monday) from the site header, their times are GMT +3 (08:43 GMT +3 when I looked). So that's 7 hours ahead of EST. (1:47 AM here now) So we're looking at 3:23 PM EST for the Sputnik article. WikiLeaks's announcement tweet went out at "9:36 AM - 10 Oct 2016."

So did the Sputnik writer become aware of the release, go through the emails at WL, find this one, decide to write an article, get editorial approval, compose an article and publish it in roughly 5 hours? Possibly. That might explain the dramatic fail. Really the only other place I've seen this is Matt Forney. He failscooped (yes, I'm making up words) Sputnik by almost 2 hours on Twitter.

I'd love to know where Trump got it but the source is inconclusive. It might even be internally sourced stupid.

Trump threw that paper down too. I'm 100% somebody picked it up. Maybe they'll be so excited with it they'll post an image to social media or try to eBay it or something. Could be a clue on there.
edit on 2016-10-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall
Good point.

I guess. Maybe they thought Trump was a little smarter than he is.

Simple, they are smart, so naturally, logically, their hero is smarter. Easy peasey

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Little more digging:

None of the usual suspects among the "alt-right news" / "news blogs" made the same mistake as Sputnik and Trump did but I did find that popular alt-right... I dunno what to call him, he refers to himself an alt-right writer/journalist... Matt Forney (who if you look through the DNC "Leaks" thread is linked numerous times because... blind leading blind) did tweet a similar miscomprehension at 1:33 PM (EST):

Matt Forney ‏@basedmattforney

Sidney Blumenthal admits that Benghazi was "almost certainly preventable!" Hillary coverup! #PodestaEmails2

1:33 PM - 10 Oct 2016
0 replies 639 retweets 484 likes

Sputnik article was posted at 22:23 (Monday) from the site header, their times are GMT +3 (08:43 GMT +3 when I looked). So that's 7 hours ahead of EST. (1:47 AM here now) So we're looking at 3:23 PM EST for the Sputnik article. WikiLeaks's announcement tweet went out at "9:36 AM - 10 Oct 2016."

So did the Sputnik writer become aware of the release, go through the emails at WL, find this one, decide to write an article, get editorial approval, compose an article and publish it in roughly 5 hours? Possibly. That might explain the dramatic fail. Really the only other place I've seen this is Matt Forney. He failscooped (yes, I'm making up words) Sputnik by almost 2 hours on Twitter.

I'd love to know where Trump got it but the source is inconclusive. It might even be internally sources stupid.

Trump threw that paper down too. I'm 100% somebody picked it up. Maybe they'll be so excited with it they'll post an image to social media or try to eBay it or something. Could be a clue on there.

Great work!

Keeping up with these two and their shenanigans is becoming a 24/7 job.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So....

It looks like Clinton hit the nail right on the head when she proclaimed last night that the Russians indeed are desperately doing whatever they can to intercede in this election and hopefully get Trump on the throne.

And Trumpy-poo, in all his self-glorification, is chomping at the bait with the vim and vigor of Jerry Springer on five hits of Double Espresso Cafe Grande.

He somehow, someway, managed to get his orange tiny paws on "leaked e-mail tidbits" that just so happened to have been published at a Russian news outlet on the very same day that he so proudly and vehemently broadcasted to his fans a mere few hours afterward ?

"Leaked e-mail tidbits" that also just so happened to have been a Newsweek op ed piece written back in 2015...?

Hoo boy.

Oh yes, Mr. Trump...

You most certainly do have some 'splainin' to do.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2016 by Pyle because: I retract what I said i finished reading.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Unreal.

Side note: I was just looking for a source for what you said and I stumbled on this.

6 00 ‘requests’ from Benghazi for better security: What this statistic really means

But while GOP members often have frequently shorthanded the information as “600 requests,” the correct phraseology is “requests and concerns,” as shown in the chart below, which was displayed during the hearing. The chart suggests that all of these requests and concerns were from Benghazi to Washington (i.e., “the State Department”). A “concern,” however, is different than a “request.”

Trump had mangled the talking point to such a degree that I had no idea what he was referring to:

"Do you remember what Ambassador Stevens, in Benghazi, was calling and writing and emails — they were desperate for help — they say like 600 times, right?"

"— this is Syndey Blumenthal — the only one she was talking to. She wasn't talking to Ambassador Stevens. Even the 600 calls — probably desperation!"

I just don't understand how most of his supporters don't see what a clown he is. Whether it's deliberate, unintentional or both, he's a geyser of disinformation.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I just don't understand how most of his supporters don't see what a clown he is.

I understand, but I don't get it.
Confirmation bias.

Scary clown?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Kurt Eichenwald?

The guy is a shill, commits nearly every fallacy in each piece he writes, and can't even argue in good faith.

Trying so hard that this is like a CTR effort Ant.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
But...
Trump ate it up?
No?

Extreme vetting. Extreme. Beautiful extreme vetting.

edit on 10/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I went back and finished reading after making the comment. I had not got to the turn yet and was it a major hand brake u-turn, LOL!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Could you or someone else fill me in this "600 phone calls" thing ?

I'm not up to snuff with that particular one, and quite frankly, I'm a little lost as to how something like that is even possible or even capable of happening over a short span of time ??

Or am I missing something here ?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Or am I missing something here ?

No. There were 6 hundred, hundreds of phone calls, hundreds of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. There were 6 hundred, hundreds of phone calls, hundreds of them.

Something tells me you should be using hand signals and pursing your lips as you say that... just to make sure the message gets across loud and clear.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Click bait title, but a good OP until it turned into another Enquirer hit piece.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

There are many things I don´t like about Trump like expelling families of illegal emigrants or doing religious screening at the airports but what I like on what he says largely surpasses these issues.

Thirty years ago the corporative globalisation started. The path was traced by big business and political aides were picked to put the plan in motion, the plan was to abolish import taxes and allow corporations to produce where the costs were low or none, the third world/developing countries, sell where the goods were valuable and pay taxes where there were no taxes to pay.

This is what they´ve done for the last thirty years.

Along with this, the capitals flown freely paying ZERO taxes and damaging economies. Capitals were used as WMD´s agains those who opposed them.

This took years in the making and years to implement. But good news Globalisation can be reversed, fair trade agreements can be made, capitals can be controlled and taxed.

Trump proposes to do this, I don´t know if he will deliver this promise. No one knows and no one knows exactly how this can be done, we will have to go step by step, the same way as the globalisation was brought on us.

But the most important thing about Trumps campaign ideas, specifically this idea of reversing the globalisation, is that people, millions of them, that were previously dormant to this subject, are now realising why they have lost their jobs, why their cities have such high crime rates, they´ve found the reason for their despair.

This had never happened before because until Trump we had never had an outsider to the system with such good chances of winning tha election.

THIS IS THE MOMENT. FORGET THT MINOR ISSUES. VOTE AGAINST THE GLOBALISATION. VOTE TRUMP

And if he gets elected make sure he delivers his promise from day 1

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join