It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Proof That Benghazi Was Preventable?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Well since only one new site a Russian controlled and operated one at that ran the story....where did trump get it? If not from some one in Russia or some one who reads Russian govt controlled news media.....

So really both the OPs point could be correct also allowing for your point of him taking the gate to be correct... Either way he is an idiot.

The only question is who is holding his leash? Putin or some one else. Eiither way..... We are all still doomed if he wins...

Then again we are probably doomed no matter who wins...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's not a honest argument Phage, it's speculation.

You hold the 'burden of proof' to show that Sputnik used the information from Eichenwald as a propaganda tool.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
He's a friggin moron. A clown. He repeats crap that would get hoaxed binned on ATS and gets applauds from feckless worshipers who don't know any better.

Well..Trump was a birther, soooo..

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You sort of miss the point. It doesn't really matter who Russia said the source is. They "leaked" it.

The point is that Trump ate it up. No extreme extreme extreme vetting. No vetting.

Ok, he's not a knowing Russian pawn. He's a Russian stooge. Much better. Much. Beautiful.

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This thread is the funniest I have read in a while, well done.

Either way the US is screwed though, which isn't so funny.
Trump was never supposed to win, it is all smoke and mirrors.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Screwed, or screweder.
I guess.

+7 more 
link   
Yep. Trump is Putin and Russia's "useful idiot". After this OP, I downgraded my usage from "unwitting agent" to "useful idiot". God help us! As I've said, the Russians have found our weakness and are exploiting it.

+3 more 
link   
That OP was awesome. It had highs. It had lows. It had drama!

Seriously, great work!

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not voting. Both these candidates make me a little ill.

But if this little tidbit didn't produce a nugget for Hillary to use in the next Presidential debate, she's missing an opportunity.

Also, the fact that she totally let it slide during Sunday's debate reveals her strategy completely. Clearly, she's running a prevent defense.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You sort of miss the point. It doesn't really matter who Russia said the source is. They "leaked" it.

That makes no sense. If NBC publishes a Russian story, they don't speak for the US Government.

What makes you think that Sputnik speaks for Russia?

That's your burden to prove. Until then, it's obvious that Trump took the bait of Democrat journalists using a Russian outlet to undermine his credibility. Which goes back to my original point - Trump has no ties to Russia.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

It gives Clinton at least two talking points;
1) Trump is an idiot.
2) The "leaks" cannot be taken at face value.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Greggers

It gives Clinton at least two talking points;
1) Trump is an idiot.
2) The "leaks" cannot be taken at face value.

#2 is the one I have a question about. I really want to see the leak. There are two possibilities of what happened.

The leak may be an email from Blumenthal where he is saying something like this.

"The newsweek article today really helped us. we should take heed though that it did say that Benghazu was preventable..."

In other words, Sputnik just took a quote from Eichenwald in the email and atributed it to Blumentha;.

Or, the email just flat out a plant and made things up. If thats the case, is it an offical wikileak document, or did sputnik just lie and say it was a wikileak?

Anyways, that is why I would love to see the email sputnik quoted.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Amazing leaks.

Just so it's clear....this is a joke like the OP is a clickbait joke.
edit on 10-10-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Trump can't even process information from our own intelligence briefers, and then he waves around bogus Russian leaks as the real deal. God help us!!

A senior U.S. intelligence official assured NBC News that cybersecurity and the Russian government's attempts to interfere in the 2016 election have been briefed to, and discussed extensively with, both parties' candidates, surrogates and leadership, since mid-August. "To profess not to know at this point is willful misrepresentation," said the official. "The intelligence community has walked a very thin line in not taking sides, but both candidates have all the information they need to be crystal clear."

from today

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I'd think a Russian newspaper would be more cautious on publishing such outlandish claims without verifying it's source.

You'd think that a guy who wants to be President and also happens to be "tremendously" wealthy and was talking about how he wants to "open up libel laws" so he can increase the number of vexatious lawsuits he can file to "win lots of money" would be more cautious about making outlandish claims without verifying the source.

But he's not. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

It's not conclusive proof that he's a Russian stooge., unwitting or otherwise. Though I do believe one of those to be the case. Take Russia out of the equation for a moment. Consider what just happened.

Donald Trump has a full fledged, modern campaign. He has all sorts of advisors, communications people — hell, interns to get the coffee — and somehow with that got into his hands for him to read in front of thousands of people and members of the national and international media?

Where did they come up with it? If not indirectly through Sputnik or directly from a Russian propagandist — the live feed for #PodestaLeaks2 on Twitter?

Can you imagine if anyone who wasn't a clown and didn't have such a hardcore base of fact-phobic robots failing that hard? We're not talking about a single line. It wasn't a gaffe. It was a couple minutes of him spewing something that was utterly and completely false. He even tried to correct the author! Who he believed was Syndney Blumenthal. When he was done he tossed the paper in a sort of "mic drop."

If this happened with anyone else, it would be a major disaster. This is "What is Aleppo?" levels of wtf.

Worse yet, if somebody said something like this about him. He'd sue. Immediately. He'd be on Twitter calling that person a loser and a liar.

So no, not conclusive (though suggestive) of Russian influence but the alternative really ain't much better is it?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Just so it's clear....this is a joke like the OP is a clickbait joke.

Just so you're clear.
It's no joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Too many words in the OP for you?
I know you don't tend to go into much depth with yours.

Are you voting Hilary?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: xuenchen

Too many words in the OP for you?
I know you don't tend to go into much depth with yours.

Are you voting Hilary?

Undecided.
Not voting Donny.

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Now here is my question. Did the Russian site just fail to show that Blumenthal was quoting the newsweek article, or did it actually just flat out make up the email and have it pretending to say blumenthal said those things?

If you go to Eichenwald's article, there's of course more detail about it but to save you the time, they presented it as though it was Syndney Blumenthal saying it to Hillary Clinton. In other words, the same thing that Trump was doing.

It's actually something I've seen a lot from a number of... non-critical thinkers... in regards to multiple Podesta emails. Like all the low information types who keep saying "Hillary said 'Sand N----!'" when in fact it was the same sort of thing. In that case it was an English translation of a Haaretz Hebrew language news article that was sent in an email (and identified clearly as such in the email). Unfortunately, people go to Twitter or one of the multitude of horrible "news blogs" and will simply believe whatever they're presented with.

Eichenwald assumes its number #3, but I see know proof of this. I will admit it is a possibility, but it is equally likely Trumps team saw a story that fit their narrative and just jumped on it. Don't get me wrong, this is still very bad, but nowhere near the implications of what #3 would be.

Eichenwald strongly suggests #3 but I agree, it could be any of the 3 and those are the same 3 possibilities that came to my mind and the order in which I placed them, ranked by severity.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Do you know what a straw man argument is?

Christopher-Stevens -Ambassador-pleaded-for-extra-security- in Benghazi-Libya-hours-before-killed

Drones were circling above U.S. consulate during Libya attack but officials decided NOT to mount a rescue mission-
U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with the State Department for additional security personnel
-Republicans say the Obama administration denied the request for political reasons
- The White House says it had no role in procuring security detail for Stevens

edit on 10-10-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Phage isn't worth it.
edit on 10-10-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join