It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING! Proof That Benghazi Was Preventable?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It's possible they found the article when it was briefly up on sputnik...minutes before he went on stage at the Rally...but strange..

It's possible that they found the article in the short time it was online. It's possible that they were looking for the story on Sputnik too. It's also possible somebody from the campaign found the email independently and is also an idiot/liar.

They also could have gotten it from Twitter. I found two alt-right tweeters who similarly miscontrued the email as being Blumenthal's own words from the period between the release and Trump speaking. One was the Matt Forney tweet I linked earlier in the thread and there was another from another user about an hour before that one. Both were retweeted hundreds of times. (trickle-down stupid)

Whatever the case, it's a bad look. This clown is getting security briefings but when he gets to the microphone he's blasting unvetted garbage (or Russian propaganda), deliberately lying or being misled by his own campaign. Take your pick.

Obviously getting it from the Russians directly would be the absolute worst. Getting it from a state-controlled Russian propaganda source or a low information alt-right blogger on Twitter is still concerning.

Trump campaign is not commenting on their source and that doesn't help clear anything up. In fact, afaik, the campaign isn't commenting about it at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Thanks! I try to keep things interestesting as well as informative.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Holy Moley, another Russian false disinformation leak to Trump! Now he's telling his supporters to go out and vote on November 28!!!

Donald Trump Tells Supporters At Florida Rally That Election Day Is November 28th

edit on 11-10-2016 by desert because: aghh fix link

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Steak

Typical liberal - start with the insults when you're wrong - I'm thru with you.

Dear God,
please let Steak be thru with me and with ATS, along with being thru with the OP and also being wrong on all counts. Please.

edit on 10/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I urge all trump supporters to get out and vote on Nov. 28th make your voice heard!

Please let them do this ha ha ha great find

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
People have been saying that Benghazi was preventable since the day it happened. It was. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by that. And there had to be emails about it, a lot of them.

Did a russian propaganda machine create a fake story, leak it via wikileaks or suggest that it came from wikileaks, and Trump grabbed it and ran with it. I am having a hard time with this...

At least part of the story is true, regardless of the source. Not many people believe Benghazi was not preventable. It is ridiculous to think no one asked for help considering the conditions they were in. Were the number of calls for help exaggerated? Was the email attributed to the wrong person? Was it portrayed as coming from wikileaks and it didn't? As hillary would say - especially on this topic, what difference does it make?

If we can believe this is what happened, how about this: hillary was worried about getting skewered on Benghazi so she had her flying monkeys plant (leak) the fake story so she could turn it on Trump for taking fake bait and start calling the whole thing a lie. And conveniently distract attention from the truth that those lives could have been saved.

hillary was wrong on Benghazi and Trump was right about that. And so was everyone else who said it. The only thing Trump did wrong was quote the wrong source. I know its very bad that Trump repeated bad information. I acknowledge that. But I also believe it is worse to create a lie than to repeat bad information. At least Trump could say he thought it was correct and that he wouldn't have said it otherwise. hillary just plain lies and knows it when she does it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: theantediluvian

We deny ignorance around here.

There is NO proof that Russia is involved in this election at all.

Quit pushing propaganda.

Deplorable and irredeemable? Clinton was so off base. Confusable and incomprehensible are the terms she should have used.

You're fearful orange bloviating leader just repeated propaganda. RIGHT TO YOUR FACES. You turn to me and say "we deny ignorance around here." "Quit pushing propaganda."

You do not in fact deny ignorance.

You make excuses for it. You divert for it. You'll do just about anything to continue your sordid affair with it.

What an incredibly vapid thread. There is not one lick of proof, no matter how long or how loud or how obnoxiously one screams it from the rooftops, that the Russians are responsible for ANY of these leaks. You show zero proof of this, yet you manage to state it at least a dozen times. Geez. Come back when you have some freaking proof of any of this, besides the fact that Sydney Blumenthal is a sleaze-bag. Most of us already know this, from reading his ridiculous bullcrap 'intelligence' memos, which is an oxymoron coming from him.

So great. You finally realize what a pathetically incompetent tool that Clinton is. Now if you want to know more about what REALLY happened in Benghazi, do a web search on 'Moriarty DIA Libya Clinton'. But stop with the bs propaganda about Russia. Heck, if Russia WAS responsible for the leaks, we should thank them. Since WHEN is it bad to have anyone uncover corruption, evil and graft, no matter where the source?

It's unfortunate that some people are so limited intellectually that they cannot think for themselves, and believe the crap that is on the boob tube about Russia and their 'involvement' in Syria. People with even half-a-brain realize that the country that should NOT be anywhere NEAR Syria is the USA, since we were not invited there, and Russia was, by a sovereign party ruling a sovereign country.

Sheesh. SMH. I am always stunned at the level of willful ignorance in the world...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Nobody is saying that anything was fake. The email in question contained a news article that had been cut and pasted into the body. The email was being miscontrued so that the text of the article was being attributed to Blumenthal.

Wherever Donald Trump picked up on this, he miscontrued the email as being the words of Sydney Blumenthal as well.

I provided the video of Trump saying it, a transcript, an image of the email in question, a link to the email and a cached copy of the Sputnik article. You are free to draw your own conclusions about the relevance of the Sputnik article but it is a fact that Donald Trump miscontrued the email and it's also a fact that he did so in the same as the Sputnik writer.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Dear BuzzyWigs,

My Child, when I created man, I gave him free will. Thus, some men took it upon themselves to become political reactionaries. Political reactionaries hate all things liberal and everyone liberal. They have a special place in Hell.... or in Heaven, depending on how much they love their enemies. What they have in common is that nothing you say matters to them, you will always be wrong, and they think that change should only be found in pockets.

With that said, I have heard your prayer. Because it is 2016, some of the old plagues are no longer as effective as they were when I first used them. However, I can send computer viruses aplenty.

Love,
God

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: dashen

this thread is such a scam. Ambassador Stevens COULD have been saved.

This election is such a scam. We COULD have been offered a viable candidate by the GOP.

Please try to focus on the fact that Trump is unfit to be President.

Please try to focus on the fact that Hillary is unfit to be walking free.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

It's unfortunate that some people are so limited intellectually that they cannot think for themselves, and believe the crap that is on the boob tube about Russia and their 'involvement' in Syria. People with even half-a-brain realize that the country that should NOT be anywhere NEAR Syria is the USA, since we were not invited there, and Russia was, by a sovereign party ruling a sovereign country.

You do realize that Bashar is the second generation of a familial autocracy right? That his father rose to power through a series of coups, ruled for 36 years (I believe it was?), clearing out any opposition to his autocratic rule and installing members of his family, his friends, etc in the government and military.

He chose his son as his successor after his brother tried to snatch power from him and was exiled and his older son died. In preparation, Bashar's father again cleaned house to remove any possible opposition to Bashar's succcession. He then brought his son home from ophthalmology school, stuck him in the military academy and within 4 years had him placed as a high ranking government official. When his father died, Bashar assumed power, ran unopposed in an election in 2007 and in the 2014 election, voting was only done in Assad controlled territory.

So, FTR, he's not a democratically elected leader.

The Russians don't automatically have a more legitimate reason to intervene because the autocratic ruler invited them there nor is their intervention any more about benefiting the people of Syria than ours is and arguably less so. The Russians are there because it benefits the Russian strategy. We're there because it benefits ours and because the debacle that was Iraq sorta makes ISIS our problem.

I'm not defending any specific US foreign policy. I'm not defending mistakes made by anyone, least of all Clinton but you seem to be the sort of binary thinker who deludes himself into believing his worldview is jam packed with "the truth" as gleaned from wordpress blogs despite the fact that he's incapable of appreciating nuance and reads a lot of garbage.

That's okay though. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As for Russia: CloudStrike would like to disagree with you as well as the independent firms and experts who analyzed the evidence from the DNC hack and corroborated CloudStrike's assessment.

I'm not rehashing this all here though. Perhaps you'd like to check out a few of my threads.

Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files?
Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One
Who Is Carter Page And How Did He Come To Work For Trump's Campaign?

The Russia angle was only part of the this thread. I already state numerous times throughout that there were other possibilities as to the source.

None of them reflect well on Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Troll much?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I just wanted to say I love your work.

They're still flagging your thread en mass without reading the OP. Jesus is there just a large segment of conservatives on here that just flags anything without looking?

Christ.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

There are many things I don´t like about Trump like expelling families of illegal emigrants or doing religious screening at the airports but what I like on what he says largely surpasses these issues.

Thirty years ago the corporative globalisation started. The path was traced by big business and political aides were picked to put the plan in motion, the plan was to abolish import taxes and allow corporations to produce where the costs were low or none, the third world/developing countries, sell where the goods were valuable and pay taxes where there were no taxes to pay.

This is what they´ve done for the last thirty years.

Along with this, the capitals flown freely paying ZERO taxes and damaging economies. Capitals were used as WMD´s agains those who opposed them.

This took years in the making and years to implement. But good news Globalisation can be reversed, fair trade agreements can be made, capitals can be controlled and taxed.

Trump proposes to do this, I don´t know if he will deliver this promise. No one knows and no one knows exactly how this can be done, we will have to go step by step, the same way as the globalisation was brought on us.

But the most important thing about Trumps campaign ideas, specifically this idea of reversing the globalisation, is that people, millions of them, that were previously dormant to this subject, are now realising why they have lost their jobs, why their cities have such high crime rates, they´ve found the reason for their despair.

This had never happened before because until Trump we had never had an outsider to the system with such good chances of winning tha election.

THIS IS THE MOMENT. FORGET THT MINOR ISSUES. VOTE AGAINST THE GLOBALISATION. VOTE TRUMP

And if he gets elected make sure he delivers his promise from day 1

Excellent post, CrapAsUsual, I canNOT understand how anyone (who is not corrupt or ignorant) could vote for someone as foul with corruption as Hillary.

I would rather take my chances with Trump.

A President Hillary will finish the job of destroying the US.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

They're still flagging your thread en mass without reading the OP. Jesus is there just a large segment of conservatives on here that just flags anything without looking?

Christ.

That is the double irony that makes this OP sing.

They are flagging an OP without thinking critically or examining the details and think it affirms their world-view..

And the Op Topic is about Trump doing precisely the same thing..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Why are people acting like the Russians trying to influence the US election like its a new thing? American politics has been influeced (or attempted to be influenced)by foreign powers ever since the colonies broke away and there became a thing as elections. This is not new. You think China hasn't had a massive influence taking the manufacturing industry away from America over the past few decades? Every country in the world trys to influence democracies/republics. The difference is that there is a hell of a lot more countries wishing Hillary Clinton wins. Now you have to ask yourself why that is?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So have any Trump supporters changed sides thanks to this thread?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I highly doubt it, as far as I can tell trumps supporters are so hardline that you could post a video of trump smoking crack while having extra marital relations with a goat while high fivieing bin Laden in front of a picture of the twin towers while screaming grab em by the "kitty" and they would still vote for the man.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Phage

So you think the Russians would publish an easily proven fake document/account as a propaganda tool?

I see your point, but I'm very skeptical. I'd think a Russian newspaper would be more cautious on publishing such outlandish claims without verifying it's source.

Seriously? Where have you been the past two years?

www.russialies.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Nobody is saying that anything was fake. The email in question contained a news article that had been cut and pasted into the body. The email was being miscontrued so that the text of the article was being attributed to Blumenthal.

This is not the first time this technique has been used. Declassified documents warning of negative developments in, say, the Middle East, are routinely presented in edited form to make it appear that the agency making the intelligence report was planning these developments.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join