It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Proof That Benghazi Was Preventable?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I take everything bad I said about Trump back. To hell with Clinton and Sleazy Syndey Blumenthal. I have a confession and it's not an easy one to make. I was completely ignorant all this time. Just wallowing in utter and complete ignorance for all this time. I'm probably going to need a drink or three before this thread is done.

Where to start? Well we all know that the second Podesta Leak came out. Thank God for the Russians! Apparently it's packed with juicy stuff. I mean they really got the dirt on these sleazes. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Mr. Trump really nailed it today in Wilkes Barre, PA:

Here's my transcript:

Here's an interesting one... Syndey Blumenthal. Do you remember what Ambassador Stevens, in Benghazi, was calling and writing and emails — they were desperate for help — they say like 600 times, right?

The only one she was speaking to is Syndney Blumenthal — who's a sleaze. He's a sleaze. Fact Obama wanted her restricted that she couldn't speak. That's probably one of the reasons she wanted to have her private server. She wanted to go. Because she promised Obama that she wouldn't be talking to sleazy Sydney.

So Blumenthal writes a quote. This just came out a little while ago. I have to tell you this.

"One important point has been universally acknowledged by the nine previous reports about Benghazi" — this is Syndey Blumenthal — the only one she was talking to. She wasn't talking to Ambassador Stevens. Even the 600 calls — probably desperation!

"The attack wasn't almost certainly preventable." Benghazi. "Clinton was in charge of the State Department and had failed to protect the United States personnel at an American consulate in Libya" He meant Benghazi. "If the GOP wants to raise that as a talking point against her, it is legitimate."

In other words he's now admitted that they could have done something about Benghazi. This just came out a little while ago...

I just got chills. Right? Syndney Blumenthal — Sleazy Sydney Blumenthal — a total loser. Admitted in an email. That they could have done something about Benghazi.

It get's better folks. It gets better, believe me. The Russians who already know that Trump is a genius. The Russians scooped all the horrible liars in the mainstream media folks. Unbelievable. It's a disgrace how bad these people are at their jobs. You or me? We'd be fired but not these losers. So here's the deal folks. The Russian news site — Sputnik — way over on the other side of the planet. It's far, believe me. I've never been there. They published an article and it said this:

In a major revelation from the second batch of WikiLeaks emails from Clinton Campaign Chairman John Podesta it was learned that Hillary's top confidante Sidney Blumenthal believed that the investigation into Benghazi was legitimate because it was "preventable" and the result of State Department negligence.

In an email titled "The Truth" from Hillary's top confidante Sidney Blumenthal, the adviser writing to undisclosed recipients said that "one important point that has been universally acknowledged by nine previous reports about Benghazi: The attack was almost certainly preventable" in what may turn out to be the big October surprise from the WikiLeaks released of emails hacked from the account of Clinton Campaign Chair John Podesta.

Can you believe this? How do they have the news so much faster then we do? They're so far away. Doesn't make sense. Doesn't make sense. A Russian state-owned news agency would have this before we did. Thankfully, Donald Trump took a break from grabbin' all those kitties that he was able to get his hands on this!

There's only one problem folks:

Donald Trump is a tremendously stupid person who repeats whatever anyone says to him or puts on a piece of paper in jams in his stubby-fingered, orange-hued hands — including the disinformation from his pro-Putin, Kremlin-connected, Eastern oligarch serving handlers ("advisors" — whatever) — as well I'm sure as his new debate coach, Steve Bannon, provider of 2nd debate talking points.

I'll let Kurt Eichenwald tell the rest:

I am Sidney Blumenthal. At least, that is what Vladimir Putin—and, somehow, Donald Trump—seem to believe.

The evidence emerged thanks to the incompetence of Sputnik, the Russian online news and radio service established by the government controlled news agency, Rossiya Segodnya.

The email was amazing—it linked Boogie Man Blumenthal, Podesta and the topic of conservative political fevered dreams, Benghazi. This, it seemed, was the smoking gun finally proving Clinton bore total responsibility for the terrorist attack on the American outpost in Libya in 2012. Sputnik even declared that the email might be the “October surprise” that could undermine Clinton’s campaign.

Here's the money shot:

Those words sounded really, really familiar. Really familiar. Like, so familiar they struck me as something I wrote. Because they were something I wrote.

Of course, this might be seen as just an opportunity to laugh at the incompetence of the Russian hackers and government press—once they realized their error, Sputnik took the article down. But then things got even more bizarre.

This false story was only reported by the Russian controlled agency (a reference appeared in a Turkish publication, but it was nothing but a link to the Sputnik article). So how did Donald Trump end up advancing the same falsehood put out by Putin’s mouthpiece?

So no, Mr. Putin, I’m not Sidney Blumenthal. And now that you have been exposed once again, get the hell out of our election. And Mr. Trump—you have some explaining to do.

edit on 2016-10-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And remember Blumenthal was the one who originally got hacked by Guccifer(1) who found Hillary's email address was not a gov address.

He sent lots of classified material to who knows who.

+52 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Too many words in the OP for you?
I know you don't tend to go into much depth with yours.
edit on 11/10/2016 by Gemwolf because: Post returned - this is the Mud Pit

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Did you just call Trump

a tremendously stupid person who repeats whatever anyone says to him or puts on a piece of paper in jams in his stubby-fingered, orange-hued hands
?

POT? MEET KETTLE!

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nothing to say? I don't blame you. What could you say? It's not just that he lies. It's not just that he bulls#s about everything.

He's a friggin moron. A clown. He repeats crap that would get hoaxed binned on ATS and gets applauds from feckless worshipers who don't know any better.

It's trickle-down stupid.

POT? MEET KETTLE!

Yeah. I'd divert too.

+72 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

We deny ignorance around here.

There is NO proof that Russia is involved in this election at all.

Quit pushing propaganda.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think you missed the best part of the OP! You should continue reading!

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You had me nervous at first
. Great work again

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Apologies for the deleted post.
There were words to the effect; It was wikileaks who screwed up?

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Quit pushing propaganda.

Deplorable and irredeemable? Clinton was so off base. Confusable and incomprehensible are the terms she should have used.

You're fearful orange bloviating leader just repeated propaganda. RIGHT TO YOUR FACES. You turn to me and say "we deny ignorance around here." "Quit pushing propaganda."

You do not in fact deny ignorance.

You make excuses for it. You divert for it. You'll do just about anything to continue your sordid affair with it.

link   

Putin Talks about US Election

Have a watch and listen...then a lesson.

Sorry this one:
Putin on Us election
edit on 10-10-2016 by Granite because: Correct video

+31 more 
link   

So, Eichenwald trolled a the Russian newspaper Sputnik and Trump took the bait....embarrassing for him.

But you also claim that it was "disinformation from his pro-Putin, Kremlin-connected, Eastern oligarch serving handlers ("advisors" — whatever)"

Which one is it? A setup for Trump or a Kremlin propaganda tool?

To me, it's obvious that Trump fell into a honey trap setup by the Democrats(Eichenwald).

As embarrassing for Trump as that is - aren't you shooting yourself in the foot by showing Trump has no direct ties to Russia or Wikileaks? If he did, he would have caught this.

Or did I miss something?
edit on 10-10-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
I think the point is not that Trump has direct ties to Russia, but that Russia wants Trump to win.

Sort of backfired, here. Because someone obviously screwed up.
But Trump ran with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you think the Russians would publish an easily proven fake document/account as a propaganda tool?

I see your point, but I'm very skeptical. I'd think a Russian newspaper would be more cautious on publishing such outlandish claims without verifying it's source.
edit on 10-10-2016 by ghostrager because: Document/account

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Quit pushing propaganda.

FTR, I did allow for the possibility that he's just an idiot. An an otherwise empty vessel of hedonistic greed and base entitled-rich-guy slime.

I imagine that is what has you so triggered right? That I insinuated that Comrade Trump might be a Putin stooge like Manafort's last client? Like Carter Page's last client?

He might just be a giant orange, stalking, pouting, sniffing, feckless bobble headed parrot.

That said, the Russians are definitely trying to influence this election and there is plenty of evidence and even some of the far-right sources like Daily Caller have started to give up the pretense. Hell even Donald says "I dunno" when it comes to the Russians.

It's just feckless Trump supporters who are aggressively ignorant at this point.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Here is what I am reading. Help me out here if I am wrong.

Eichenwald wrote a story about benghazi in 2015. In it, He mentions the wrote that Benghazi was preventable, but ultimately his article is about how the republicans were politicizing it to a disgusting degree.

Then a Russian news site says today that they found in the wikileaks that show Blumenthal sending an email that this quote is found.

Now here is my question. Did the Russian site just fail to show that Blumenthal was quoting the newsweek article, or did it actually just flat out make up the email and have it pretending to say blumenthal said those things?

Does anyone have a link to the wikileak emial in question?

Either way it is not good, but its is ten times worse if the email was completely forged as opposed to just quoting Blumenthal out of context.

As far as Trump quoting what Russian sources say.

There are several possibilities.

1. Other sources reported this, and Trump people got it from them.

2. Some of Trumps people were scouring the internet about the wikileaks, and happened upon the Sputnik article. Sputnik could have just been going through the wikileaks and found this today, or they could have already had the leaks because they are the ones that hacked the emails.

3. Trump and his people are actually working with the russians and they are responsible for the hacks.

If its #1 then shame on Trump for reporting stuff without fact checking it. Its a bad look, and makes me question anything else they release regarding these emails.

If #2 its slightly worse, because it has all of the problems of number 1, and the added problem of lending creedence to the theory that Trump is working with Russia. So they have no right to complain about these theories even if they aren't true when they are repeating falsehoods from a Russian paper.

If its #3, then this is probably treason. Working with Russia to get hacked information is a serious crime, and if Trump or anyone in their campaign is guilty, then they should be prosecuted.

Eichenwald assumes its number #3, but I see know proof of this. I will admit it is a possibility, but it is equally likely Trumps team saw a story that fit their narrative and just jumped on it. Don't get me wrong, this is still very bad, but nowhere near the implications of what #3 would be.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Is gonna be awesome when they finally comprehend your op LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I'd think a Russian newspaper would be more cautious on publishing such outlandish claims without verifying it's source.

Why? They obviously weren't.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I think the point is not that Trump has direct ties to Russia, but that Russia wants Trump to win.

I don't know about anyone else, but that makes whistles and red flags go off for me.

I've read more then once on ATS. We have to elect Trump because Putin likes him. Huh?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Why shouldn't the great Trumpkin run with it ... the Trumpets suck everything and anything up like wild cherry Kool Aid.

Through a straw.

(Did I say suck or snort?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join