It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HVAC heating problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Whatever you do, don't let them sell you Janitrol!!

So, Janitrol, Goodman and Amana are out?
Since Amana bought Goodman.....

Why are they so bad???

The one we have has had a circuit board replaced...like 4 years ago.
And now this possible heat exchanger.....it's a 1998 furnace.
edit on Tue Oct 11 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Janitrol has the name Janijunk in the trade. It's just not a reliable brand. It's one of those brands that you are constantly having to replace parts on. A board here, a switch there, a fan on down the road...... Amana has good reputation and may be a good choice, I just don't have much personal experience with them. Goodman I've honestly never heard of, it may be a regional brand, not sold across the country. For cost/dependability, I'd go with Carrier. There's nothing wrong with Trane, I just don't like their wiring. Industry standard wiring colors go black and white are hot, red leads to the fan motor, blue goes to something else?
Well, with Trane, they changed all those colors to purple, orange, green, etc...so blue and orange may be hot wires, white or black goes to ground [ no kidding ] red may be or may not be a hot lead.....They did that so you have to take their classes and pay to be trained for their setup.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thanks for that!!!!

From what I have heard, Jannitrol and Goodman were basically the same....and Amana recently purchased Goodman.
If that is true....keep your eye on Amana down the road.

Goodman is common around here....it's a brand you can buy online and install yourself.....no contractor needed.....IIRC.
They were based in Texas.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It is important to check furnace regularly to keep it in a good condition. You may try taking the second opinion as it will help you a lot. This will help you understand the issue with the furnace better. Most major maintenance and repairs should be left to a professionals like furnace repair service NJ due to safety precautions and their advanced skill set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join