It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main stream media pushes misleading polls to show Hillary won second debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

The polls aren't skewed, sorry.

Actually, those particular polls are. As documented by the OP.
However, "who won the debate" is quite meaningless.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Grambler

This is skewed, period.

This is a desperation move, just like it was for Romney in 2012 and McCain in 2008.

Reality is "skewed" towards liberals/democrats...that is just the world we live in.

You can live in your fantasy reality, thinking Trump is winning, the media is skewing the polls, and everything you think is fact.

But come November 8th, you are going to have to come up with another excuse (don't worry...THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED and VOTER FRAUD will be waiting for you).

I don't know what to say to you. The numbers are there for you to see. It is obvious that you refuse to acknowledge them.

I never said Trump is winning the election. I have admitted that I would be surprised if he won.

I have to say, you have really impressed me here. There is something to be commended by someone such as you that is so biased that you can look at these polls that you say are officials, read what the numbers say in black and white, and still smugly claim that they do not say exactly what they say.

It is an amazing skill.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, those particular polls are. As documented by the OP.
However, "who won the debate" is quite meaningless.

They are not skewed.

Polls aren't supposed to have equal representation, they are random.

It just so happens that every time there is a random poll, there are more people reporting as democrats.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It just so happens that every time there is a random poll, there are more people reporting as democrats.

Which, by definition, is a skew.

A correctly sampled poll filters the skew to the actual demographics. But again, who "won" the debate is relevant to nothing. Later this week we will have properly conducted polls which will tell us if the debate (and other "events") have changed the opinions of voters.

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

But come November 8th, you are going to have to come up with another excuse (don't worry...THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED and VOTER FRAUD will be waiting for you).

Speaking of voter fraud, it looks like new emails show that Hillarys camp was accusing Obama of voter fraud in Colorado in 2008.

RE: Colorado

To: mmarshall@hillaryclinton.com, john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2015-05-14 18:12
Subject: RE: Colorado

This is done

*From:* Marlon Marshall [mailto:mmarshall@hillaryclinton.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:27 PM
*To:* John Podesta
*Cc:* brynne craig; Marc Elias, (Perkins Coie)
*Subject:* Re: Colorado

Yep

Brynne lets loop Jessy and David on our end
John will let you know when done

On Thursday, May 14, 2015, John Podesta wrote:

High importance. I met with Jim and Mike in Denver. They are both old
friends of the Clintons and have lots of experience. Mike hosted our
Boulder Road Show event. They are reliving the 08 caucuses where they
believe the Obama forces flooded the caucuses with ineligible voters. They
want to organize lawyers for caucus protection, election protection and to
raise hard $. They are not just Colorado focused and have good contacts in
the region
Mike is likely to talk to WJC about this in the near future. Marlon and
Brynne, can you respond to the org chart request and give them some points
of contact. Marc can you reach out to them on the lawyer election
protection issues. Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: May 14, 2015 1:53 PM
Subject: Colorado
To: "John D Podesta (john.podesta@gmail.com
)" <
john.podesta@gmail.com
>
Cc: "Driver, Mike"

John, following up: can you get us an org chart and the names of the
persons in charge of caucus organization and super delegates here? Mike
and I are eager to help and have a number of lawyers willing to pitch in.
Thanks and good to see you here in God’s country—. Jim

*James M. Lyons, Partner*

*Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP*

*1200 17th St Suite 3000 | Denver, CO 80202-5855*

*(T) 303.628.9546 | (F) 303.623.9222 *

*JLyons@LRRLaw.com |
www.LRRLaw.com *

I won't link wikileaks but that is where it is from

Here is another site it is on. www.breitbart.com...

Care to make fun of Hillary and her crew for crying about voter fraud?

edit on 10-10-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I know you are desperately looking for some positive about Trump after his horrible week.

But you are being just as misleading as you claim the poll is.

Now the big number, independents. Remember, yougov spun it as if undecideds thought Hillary won. But whats really important is how did independents think. 36% for Hillary, 51% Trump, 13% tie.

You get that. Trump crushed her with independents.

Yougov is being intentionally misleading own their own poll!

You are equating "undecided" with "independent"...which is false equivalency.

You don't have to be independent to be undecided, and just because you are independent doesn't mean you are undecided.

So your entire premise if flawed.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I know you are desperately looking for some positive about Trump after his horrible week.

But you are being just as misleading as you claim the poll is.

Now the big number, independents. Remember, yougov spun it as if undecideds thought Hillary won. But whats really important is how did independents think. 36% for Hillary, 51% Trump, 13% tie.

You get that. Trump crushed her with independents.

Yougov is being intentionally misleading own their own poll!

You are equating "undecided" with "independent"...which is false equivalency.

You don't have to be independent to be undecided, and just because you are independent doesn't mean you are undecided.

So your entire premise if flawed.

I am not falsely equivocating them. I said that independents were more important than undecideds. He cleaned up with independents. Why was this not mentioned by the you.gov article?

And in their demographics pdf the provided, I do not see where the kept stats on undecided voters, so I don't even know where they got those numbers from.

You keep spinning and spinning.

You are the only person who is saying these polls weren't skewed. Even people that strongly dislike are admitting they were skewed.

yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

But please, it is so entertaining to watch you work. Please keep posting how these numbers don't say what they say.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

Being Canadian and really not picking any side, it is my opinion that the answer to the last question really hurt Trump when he said "she won't quit, she's a fighter" Talk about shooting yourself in the foot there Donald

I agree, I think he said to much lol. He should have said she is a fighter , that's it. Sad thing is they were suppose to say something good about each other and Hillary couldn't even do that. She just talked about Trumps kids. What a Bi...
edit on pmp20162016-10-10T22:57:47-05:0036 by apoc36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I am not falsely equivocating them. I said that independents were more important than undecideds. He cleaned up with independents. Why was this not mentioned by the you.gov article?

Why are independents more important than undecideds?

It seems to me that the most important group is the undecideds, because those are the only ones that are movable.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Ok.
*Anyone with moderate intelligence who watched the debate knows that he failed.
Maybe you don't know that.

People with moderate intelligence and learning dont tout opinions as facts.

Maybe you dont know that.
edit on 11-10-2016 by Mmmfriedchicken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Poll roundup, ya'll.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Anyone who watched the debate knows that he failed.

Geez, I watched, and I don't know that.

I watched it and can clearly see that the guy failed miserably. How about the Pussy Grab tapes Donald...Blah blah ISIS. Blah blah Bill clinton, Blah Blah Squirrels...
Maybe you should ask Bill Hicks what he thinks of Trumps performances so far. I'm pretty sure Bill would be on the money.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's funny how you think that a guy talking about pussy is a more important issue than ISIS.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It's funny how you think that a guy talking about pussy is a more important issue than ISIS.

What's really funny is that Donald the sex pest is more of a threat to women in the US than ISIS will ever be. Hillariously Funny.
But hey. It's just locker room banter eh.? If Hillary was caught talking about grabbing men "by the dick" and rating men 1-10 i'm pretty sure she would be out the race by now.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Really doesn't matter who won what matters is who will gain voters if at all. If there is no movement in the polls towards trump he lost the debate. If there is a gain he won. Debates are very subjective some people would love the one liners Trump used. Others would see it as a distraction to avoid real issues. For example my opinion is a bit diffrent I say he won but he won by tying her. Both made good points but less face it the media was going for him after that video release. And no I don't mean the media is bias either they have every right to make that a story Trump did this not them. And like it or not it is news and you put a story in front of journalists it's likw throwing blood in thr ocean you'll attract sharks.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Deplorables. Basement Dwellers. Superpredators. Taco Bowls. It seems like Hillary can get away with talking about a lot of stuff. But hey, CNN ignored a hurricane to talk about pussy for 48 hours straight so it must be serious!

As for Trump being a threat to women... you don't even want to go there.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I liked this debate. They both trashed each other and made it quite clear that neither of these dirt bags has any business running for President. We are totally screwed either way although if we finally hit rock bottom maybe we can get rid of these people( 90% of those in national office) and bring America back. From my mouth to God's ears. I'd say Trump did have the win considering how bad his position was. But neither could claim any kind of moral high ground and both lied through their teeth. And I'm going to play conspiracy theorist and say that I'm not convinced we're seeing the real Hillary any more. She was in terrible shape and now seems like she's made a miraculous recovery. Are we seeing a body double? Did she kick the bucket or get iced by her bosses or is she just sitting in the shadows too sick to campaign?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I kind of agree with this thread title mainly because the term win is very subjective.

Surly the way to win a debate would be:

- You find out who is for trump
- You find out who is for hill
- You find out who is neither

Afterwards you go back and ask the same question.

- You go back to the same people and find out if they changed (trump and hill)
- You ask the people in the neither camp who won.

At that point you need to work out a winner.

- You have the neither camp % for the candidate.
- Based on the candidates own camp you take any downward change.

Example is:

You speak to 100 people. 58 democrates 32 republicans 10 neither.

The neithers are split 50/50.

1 democrate says hill lost -1.7%
2 republicans say trump lost -6.3%

Therefore you'd have Democrate win.

You cant really pick a winner by looking at what people are going to say anyway and the above would be a fairer way. Of course its all bulls* because if someone says neither and is really hill or trump you are screwed

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: latic
Afterwards you go back and ask the same question.

The LATimes/USC poll basically does this. They have a representative sample of iirc 3000 likely voters and they are tracking them all through the election. Trump has been doing well in it lately, so the mainstream media and the Democrat talking point is to trash it.

You're right that with such a method, you can't do what most formerly credible polls are doing now, and that is oversampling Democrats. Sadly, mainstream polls are like mainstream journalism now. They are all under pressure to support Hillary and they are all terrified they will lose their jobs and ruin their careers if they do not produce results.

The goal of these purposefully skewed polls is to discourage Trump voter turnout. It is the belief that polls can be used to influence the outcome of the election that has ruined reliable polling.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Not saying I trust polls, but I can understand why people would think Hillary won. Not everybody gets Trumps rambling word salad with no specific answers about anything.

Are you claiming that Hillary answered anything ??

Cause no one can remember her answering any question at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join