It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign nation admits attempt to buy US election

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Except it's Saudi Arabia, and the candidate is Clinton.

See: talkasia.net...

This has achieved absolutely no traction in the US, which I find astonishing. And given the implications of the recently-released pages of the 9/11 Commission's report, it could be interpreted as a form of hush money.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Trying to cover up Russia's tracks huh? Even the main Republicans who started the whole Benghazi circus say Russia is trying to hack voting machines.
edit on 10-10-2016 by RedMenace16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Russians have already made their down payment with Trump seeing how much he owes them.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why blame foreign powers for buying something put up for sale. Look no further than the Supreme Court decision money is free speech and corporations are individuals. Taking the cap off of the amount that can be donated to a political campaign.

Our government would love for us to continue to blame foreign companies and label them enemies. Keep the war machine going that me any you pay for and corporations benefit from.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

Only if you think in strictly binary either/or terms. Which I do not.

This story doesn't relate to the allegations about Russia. It is a separate story. And, I'll add, it's a conclusive admission.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please clarify whether there are obligations to reveal the source of the campaign donors in US elections. If so then this claim can be established as truthful, or rubbish.

As an outsider looking in I have to say that American politics is beyond the pocket of any normal person. It's shocking the money involved, but it seems there is a degree of transparency.

Fed Election Commission, or that's a FEC of a lot of money

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

This didn't get any traction because those were fake statements. It's linked from your source but your source doens't acknowledge it.

Jordan says hack led to posting of 'false news' that Saudi funds Clinton

Jordan said a hacker posted untrue quotes from Mohammed bin Salman claiming Riyadh funds Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign

Jordan's official news agency said on Tuesday that it was hacked when, over the weekend, a story briefly appeared on its website that said Saudi Arabia is a major funder of Hillary Clinton's campaign to become the next president of the United States.

On Sunday a report appeared on the Petra News Agency website that included what were described as exclusive comments from Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The comments included a claim that Riyadh has provided 20 percent of the total funding to the prospective Democratic candidate's campaign.

The report did not remain on the website for long, although the Washington-based Institute for Gulf Affairs later re-published an Arabic version of it, which quoted Prince Mohammed as having said Saudi Arabia had provided with “full enthusiasm” an undisclosed amount of money to Clinton.

I should correct myself. It got traction among sources that perpetuate hoaxes for propaganda purposes. Welcome to the world of psyops.

I wonder if it was Russian hackers?

EDIT:

Just to demonstrate how misleading your source is. Here's where the above is linked (in red) notice how they skip over the whole part where it was a hack and the statements weren't real:

edit on 2016-10-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're right, this story has a very mysterious background. Hackers, deletions, un-deletions, mistranslations, you name it.

One of the sources appears to be this Fox News story, about Saudi donations to the Clinton Foundation, totalling between $10m and $25m

Former President Bill Clinton's foundation has raised at least $46 million from Saudi Arabia and other foreign governments that his wife Hillary Rodham Clinton may end up negotiating with as the next secretary of state.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia gave $10 million to $25 million to the William J. Clinton Foundation, a nonprofit created by the former president to finance his library in Little Rock, Ark., and charitable efforts to reduce poverty and treat AIDS. Other foreign government givers include Norway, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei, Oman, Italy and Jamaica. The Dutch national lottery gave $5 million to $10 million.

www.foxnews.com...

I wonder if this was a mistranslation effect somewhere along the line.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I posted this story here gamrconnect.vgchartz.com...#
And they closed the thread . I also posted this one gamrconnect.vgchartz.com...#
And they shut it down. What do you guys think? they pro hillary or what?

new topics

top topics

join