It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Muslims Just Took the Bait Trump Gave Them at The Debate !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You people are getting all tore up for NO reason!!!

Is it wrong to ask this? To report suspicious activity?
NO

If you have a problem with telling on your Muslim friends, then maybe you have a problem. BUT you need to start by talking to Obama...remember his challenge to Muslims????? He was the first to ask them to speak out.
edit on 10/10/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Can I call what is happening in CAR Christian terror?.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

And not one attack on U.S soil, so I can't quite correlate what point you are trying to make. As far as I can see, many of those attacks have taken place in countries where there is either a civil war taking place or there has been an ongoing issue between Muslims and other religions/regimes.

We know there have been attacks in Europe, but then these are NATO countries and again, they are sticking their nose somewhere it shouldn't be.

With regards to the O.P, there are many programmes in many countries where the prevention of radicalisation is being addressed. Something that has never been discussed, well not that I am aware of anyway, is the fact that we leave the Muslims to live their lives in their countries and not interfere in the name of Globalisation. But I can't see that happening anytime soon.

edit on 10/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Gryphon66

And what would you do if you saw someone walking down the street with an AR-15 and a bag full of ammo? You'd feel fully vindicated calling the police. Trump was asking no more or no less than that.

Well that really depends on what the local "open carry" laws are doesn't it? Or is it ok to call the police on that white guy walking down the street in fatigues and a gun on his shoulder down in Alabama?

Exactly. People can legally carry guns in state parks and most other places out here. So this example of turning people in for carrying guns is ridiculous. To me, it seems like they want to enforce the laws differently from Muslims than how they do for themselves.

Yea exactly. That's why I brought up that point. If it were a white guy walking down the street with an AK and someone called the cops on him, you can bet your ass that these same people telling us to call the police on the Muslims carrying a gun would be all yelling about how that guy's Second Amendment right had been violated.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

a reply to: Advantage

Then go turn yourself in if you've ever done anything illegal or possibly illegal. Otherwise, you can screw yourself. Because anything can be seen as being "suspicious". Especially if you're paranoid and scared of your own shadow.

In fact, I guess I should also report every person I see in a business suit. After all, that fits the profile of most financial criminals and highly ranked mafioso. And every time I see someone with a cowboy hat or cowboy boots, I guess I should report them too. After all, that looks really suspicious in a metropolis and it clearly fits the stereotype of a Klansman or a moonshiner.

Got a nice car? Must be from drug money so we should report it. Got more than one gun? Must be a Russian operative about to launch an uprising in America, so we should report it. Got any kind of long barreled gun that I can mistake for a sniper rifle? Clearly you're planning to assassinate someone so we should report it. Round belly? Clearly you're intentionally starving your kids (which is child endangerment), so we should report it. Wear an "a-shirt"? There's a reason they're called "wife beaters", so we should report it. Have a garden or farm? Clearly you're likely also maybe possibly growing illegal plants like opium, coca, or maryjane, so we should report it.

Of course these are all just baseless stereotypes. But turnabout's fair play, right?

I expect no less from you, unfortunately. It is very saddening that you, a Muslim, are in capable if engaging in ANY productive conversation without resorting to these tired old tactics.. that havent even addressed what I typed. Read what I wrote again very slowly... and THEN respond, if you can, without vitriol and telling me to go screw myself. I wont have a dialog with a degenerate who cant have a civil conversation. Very telling and I imagine many Muslims on this board hope we all dont believe you represent their mindset or lack of understanding.

So? You made your opinion very clear on the topic. I just wanted to point out to everyone who is reading this just how hypocritical this stance is.

Ahh ok. SO you are pandering to a crowd. Youre doing a good deed by pointing out hypocrites... to this "others" that may read it. Did you stop to think you just might not comprehend my stance, and your wider crowd may see you as a child in Allah with no real understanding lashing out... as you have and do.... and hope like hell we dont use your stance and words as representative of them? You would rather lash out than step back. That is called HUBRIS ( it definitely goeth before a fall) and IMMATURITY. Stop harming your own. If there was EVER an enemy to be found of Muslims in AMerica.. it is new converts who see themselves as much more than they actually are. THey should practice SILENCE as they do much more harm than good.

I DO miss the ignore button. I cant help but respond.. sometimes. Its all SO's fault that I cant control myself. He has taken my main method of self control away.

link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How do they even know they are Muslims? Many white Muslims could be walking about guns out so to speak.
But If we used the posters example.....
Do some think the constitution only applys to white Christians?.

Good points. Remember something, America literally had 2 separate classes until the 1960s with the laws legally being enforced differently for the classes. I'm convinced that many people want things to go back to that time period, when govt harassed some demographics while leaving theirs alone.

And yes, there are Muslims of every demographic. If anybody went to an Eid celebration (or looked up pix of Eid celebrations from around the world), you'd see people of all complexions, nationalities, and fashion senses. Hair styles, clothing styles, and every thing can different greatly because there are nearly 2 billion of us. LOL

link   
After 9-11 I'm surprised that anyone would remain silent upon witnessing some type of pre jihad activity.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: Christosterone

You realize that you can do that same things with ANY demographic that numbers in the billions cross referenced with just random violence right?

I like how you say "random violence" when there is nothing random about this violence. It's ISLAMIC terror.

Uh huh... Like Islamic terror is somehow different than normal violence. Violence is violence. Giving it a special name doesn't make it any more special or worse than other types of violence. Of course you don't want to admit this because if you did it would delegitimize your hate against Muslims.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I understand your point but I think his quotes are being misinterpreted. I believe he is talking about muslims who witness hate speech in the mosques not your neighbours behaviour. Peaceful or hateful, muslims still need to show respect and pray at the appropriate temples.

I strongly believe that if someone is spouting hatred of another society or sub group it is up to the people within that community to report it to the appropriate authorities . Many radical group meet and originate from warped indoctrination in a very small percent of these temples, which can obviously lead to destructive actions.

I don't take his words as report everything you see in the street. Our politicians have been saying this for years and for once I don't see this as the usual racist/hate speech you would expect from trump.

I think the same should apply to all religious groups and organisations ( christians, NRA etc)

Sitting back and allowing bad things to progress bears a big percent of responsibility in my eyes, especially when pre emptive measures could nullify the threat to begin with.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
After 9-11 I'm surprised that anyone would remain silent upon witnessing some type of pre jihad activity.

That's because Bush (for all of his faults) actually cared enough to make a distinction between terrorists and Islam so that this kind of bigotry wouldn't breed among the right.
Obama Doesn’t Like To Say ‘Islamic Terrorism.’ Neither Did George W. Bush.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We should start with stopping blaming muslims for everything under the sun. Then we should next look at ourselves for our own faults that cause us to blame Muslims for everything under the sun.

Absolutely. Absolutely. There MUST be a distinction made. Radical loons havent really made a distinction between Muslims and "others" in the wider terrorist attacks if you havent noticed. Muslims get killed by these lunatics as well. Recently there has been the "are you muslim" answer that can get you spared.. but thats not the norm. I could think up a whole new conspiracy for that! LOL!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
You people are getting all tore up for NO reason!!!

Is it wrong to ask this? To report suspicious activity?
NO

If you have a problem with telling on your Muslim friends, then maybe you have a problem. BUT you need to start by talking to Obama...remember his challenge to Muslims????? He was the first to ask them to speak out.

No he wasn't. We've had relations with law enforcement for decades. Do you know about early Nation of Islam's dealings with law enforcement back when Malcolm X was still alive (and their potential collaborations to assassinate him)?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Lol so a twitter meme suddenly means Muslims won't report suspect behaviour.

I suppose you think the meme #StopWhitePeople is a literal advance of "white genocide" too?
And not a comedic looks at the silly things white people will do e.g. snorting paprika, dancing like an idiot or other harmless gaffes that people find funny.

This meme by Muslims on twitter is self deprecating satire.

Just because you didn't understand it you've now made up scenarios to try and bait Muslims on here yourself and to legitimise stigma.

Muslims are in bigger danger of radical Islamic terror than any person on the planet, we are the first people on the Jihadist list.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

We should start with stopping blaming muslims for everything under the sun. Then we should next look at ourselves for our own faults that cause us to blame Muslims for everything under the sun.

Absolutely. Absolutely. There MUST be a distinction made. Radical loons havent really made a distinction between Muslims and "others" in the wider terrorist attacks if you havent noticed. Muslims get killed by these lunatics as well. Recently there has been the "are you muslim" answer that can get you spared.. but thats not the norm. I could think up a whole new conspiracy for that! LOL!

Of course radicals aren't going to make the distinction. That's because THEY think they are the real Muslims. The same way that fundamentalist Christians don't make distinctions between themselves and moderate Christians. It's up to the viewer to make that distinction. You have to use YOUR intelligence to come to the right conclusion and stop relying on the Muslims to do it for you.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor

That's because Bush (for all of his faults) actually cared enough to make a distinction between terrorists and Islam so that this kind of bigotry wouldn't breed among the right.
Obama Doesn’t Like To Say ‘Islamic Terrorism.’ Neither Did George W. Bush.

I never trusted that guy.. Everything mr. skull and bones society did wasn't to benefit Americans, I think most Americans know that. He's a underhanded snake.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I couldn't agree more with you

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
I understand your point but I think his quotes are being misinterpreted. I believe he is talking about muslims who witness hate speech in the mosques not your neighbours behaviour. Peaceful or hateful, muslims still need to show respect and pray at the appropriate temples.

I can agree with that. But do you know that most official mosques are already a part of programs with their local law enforcement? They also have to get licenses and other procedures in order to build and keep a mosque, just as churches do.

I strongly believe that if someone is spouting hatred of another society or sub group it is up to the people within that community to report it to the appropriate authorities . Many radical group meet and originate from warped indoctrination in a very small percent of these temples, which can obviously lead to destructive actions.

They do report it. Though I have to ask, does your perspective also include the churches that openly preach bigotry against Muslims and LGBT groups? And does it also apply to shock jocks and AM radio when they openly spout bigotry or hatred for other groups? Or is this strictly a requirement for Muslims? I'm asking this because every time those groups are brought up, people cry "freedom of speech", "freedom of religion", or "freedom of the press". But once again, people act like Muslim Shouldn't have those same rights.

I don't take his words as report everything you see in the street. Our politicians have been saying this for years and for once I don't see this as the usual racist/hate speech you would expect from trump.

I think the same should apply to all religious groups and organisations ( christians, NRA etc)

Like I've said, I understand the point in programs like this. And far more Muslims already do this stuff than people every hear about. I just find it highly hypocritical coming from people who constantly commit crimes or know of crimes like I mentioned before. It's the basic "do as I say, not as I do" crap.

Sitting back and allowing bad things to progress bears a big percent of responsibility in my eyes, especially when pre emptive measures could nullify the threat to begin with.

Ironically, that's exactly how I feel about all of the other crimes and forms of violence that plague this country. Hence my constant comments on the hypocrisy of demanding this of Muslims while not demanding it of their own communities.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

And? Character assassination aside, what is your opinion on what I just said?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My Opinion? On your Bush reply?

Never Trust a Liar. That's my final answer.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Of course radicals aren't going to make the distinction. That's because THEY think they are the real Muslims. The same way that fundamentalist Christians don't make distinctions between themselves and moderate Christians. It's up to the viewer to make that distinction. You have to use YOUR intelligence to come to the right conclusion and stop relying on the Muslims to do it for you.

Ok, now think of this: If we were trying to get the wider American population who have never even spoken to a Muslim, much less understand Islam to stop fear ... which in turn stops hate... would it not be advantageous for the Muslim community to be seen policing their own as well? You see what my stance is.. and many others.. in asking this to be done? That we may integrate each "side" into an understanding. Demonstrate who is "American" and who is just IN America. KWIM? Now some folks will just keep their hate forever. But not all.. and definitely not the young ones wwhen they see growing up this participation by the Muslim community in not only policing their own... but protecting the motherland.

Personally I dont see the Muslim hate going away soon.. so many on both sides are too resistant or ignorant to understand whats at stake and that it needs to be started now. That our federal govt needs to get off their own asses and respond and SHOW when Muslims participate in policing OUR country. Like that poor father mentioned on the first page. He turned in his son.. and Americans destroyed him anyway. This just cant be allowed to happen again and its as if the Feds WANT the hate to remain. We all know why, of course.. so we as a people must circumvent this and prevent this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join