It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Just Took the Bait Trump Gave Them at The Debate !

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Must've struck a nerve ...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Advantage

Then go turn yourself in if you've ever done anything illegal or possibly illegal. Otherwise, you can screw yourself. Because anything can be seen as being "suspicious". Especially if you're paranoid and scared of your own shadow.

And this is why they are asking for people who are involved in these communities to report anything out of the ordinary, so they don't get hundreds of thousands of false flags from people who fear Muslims. Instead they will have creditable reports from people who are close to the ones being reported who can honestly discern what is a different custom from what could be considered suspicious. That should make sense to everyone, regardless of what colour or creed you may be.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

As I've pointed out numerous times in this very thread, we're already doing that. Why don't people understand that?

And it still doesn't stop any of the "false flags from people who fear Muslims", as you put it. People still call police on Muslims, especially Muslims on planes or anywhere in public speaking Arabic. People still hold armed protests and "patrols" at mosques, like this:

People still vandalize mosques like they've vandalized my Dad's mosque. And we still have to have police guards at Muslim events, particularly Eid festivals; not because we'll do anything, but because we've received outside threats and want to prevent any incident.

Every time I fly, I get pulled to the side for extra questions and searches. The same goes for my younger brother. But I think that's BS since we're not the ones committing crimes here. That's my whole point about the hypocrisy of people demanding we take all of these extra steps even though you're not doing the same things to prevent the crimes and murders in your own communities. I hate the double standards because it's like enforcing a 2nd class citizenship where laws are applied differently to us than to everyone else. Screw that.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: TheBulk

"Black on black" crime? Is that also like "white on white" crime? Or is it too PC to call it that?

Thank you also, for proving my point.

In any case, no it's nothing like white on white crime. Black men make up about 6% of the country and commit vastly more crime (per capita) than whites or any other group in this country. Black men are killing other black men at an astonishingly higher rate than any other group.

Blah blah blah. People of all demographics are most likely to commit crimes against other members of the same demographic. For example, the FBI's official stats show that from 1980 to 2008, 84% of white American murder victims were killed by other white Americans (found on page 13 of this PDF. And the majority of people killed by police in America are also white Americans. So when are you going to address the threat of "white on white" crime?

This is true, but I'll repeat myself again. Black people kill each other at much much higher rates than any other group. White people and every other group in this country kill each other at proportional rates to there percentages in the country. Only black men kill each other at much higher rates.

BS. White Americans make up less than 65% of the country, but make up 84% of the killers of other white Americans. That's literally not "proportional rates to their percentages in the country", as you put it. Like I said, people of a specific demographic are most likely to be killed or have crimes committed against them by other people from the same demographic.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yea, right. But.............its not up to us. We don't have a say as to who comes into the country. That being the case, we have little choice except to accept this situation and do as best we can considering the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What Trump (and Clinton actually) are saying makes obvious sense. If you suspect someone of radicalisation then reporting it is the right thing to do. Now, refusing to report should NOT be deemed as a crime in any way, however one would like to think that the Muslim community especially would want to make sure that radical elements within their communities were removed.

There are complications, as with any initiative that tries to tackle terrorism. One obvious one is that innocent people could be reported based on some form of dispute. This means that any reported information has to be handled in the right way. The authorities could not just rock up and arrest people.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you know what the FBI's "Shared Responsibility Committees" are? I bring them up semi-frequently because they're just one of the latest programs between American Muslim communities and American law enforcement. Here's a good article about it:

FBI’s “Shared Responsibility Committees” to Identify “Radicalized” Muslims Raise Alarms

The entire article is a good read and it goes into far more detail about these types of programs and their flaws. Here are a few excerpts:

The Shared Responsibility Committees, known as SRCs, “are expanding the informant program under the guise of an intervention program, which it is not,” said Abed Ayoub, legal director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.

The FBI’s idea is to have social service workers, teachers, mental health professionals, religious figures, and others interdict young people they believe are on a path toward radicalization. The program was first revealed last November, and while details remain scant, it is widely believed to have been developed along the lines of similar “anti-radicalization” programs in the United Kingdom.

The U.K. program, called “Channel,” has been widely blamed for alienating the communities it targeted while inflaming attitudes toward authorities. Arun Kundnani, an adjunct professor at New York University and expert on U.K. counterterrorism policy, said he worries that the U.S. program would “suffer from the same problems, such as drawing non-policing professionals into becoming the eyes and ears of counterterrorism surveillance, and thereby undermining professional norms and relationships of trust among educators, health workers, and others.”

And Faiza Patel, co-director of the Liberty and National Security Program at the Brennan Center, said the U.K. program simply doesn’t work. “The premise of these committees is that school teachers, mental health and social workers, and Muslim religious leaders will be able to identify ‘radicalized’ youth. But this is completely contrary to the experience of the U.K., where about 80 percent of Channel referrals are rejected as unfounded.”

Why did those committees do such a poor job? “All the studies that I have reviewed, including those funded by the government, state quite clearly that there are no predictors or indicators of who is going to become a terrorist,” Patel said. “So on what basis are people going to be hauled before these committees?” she asked. “The idea that ‘alienation’ is an indicator of someone who is going to become a terrorist is so general as to be laughable. There are plenty of alienated people in the world and very, very few terrorists.”

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I alluded to the same kind of issues. It's not as easy as saying , 'inform and everything will be ok'. I get that.
The principal of a community keeping a check on itself and keeping itself safe is a good one, though, in my opinion.
Current attempts to make this work are not that successful, partly because an 'us and them' attitude exists between the people and the govts. they elect. I know of few people who actually trust their govts. to have only the people's interests at heart.

Regardless of what Trump or Clinton say, or any other politician, the solution has to come from the people.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
you shared an article called "one tweet summarizes tonight's debate, and built a story about what it means for Muslims?

one tweet?

that's all it took?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What!?! Muslims fell into the hands of a confirmed racist? Muslims fell into the hands of a man who calls out Americans because of their ancestral heritage? Muslims fell into the hands of a strutting, puffed up buffoon who wouldn't know the first thing about not being a completely ignorant, self-important, supremely entitled, accused child rapist, anti-American wind-bag who's biggest strength is being able to rouse his self-described 'poorly educated' rabble into a rabid frenzy over fabricated propaganda initiated by white supremacists, (oh sorry, 'Nationalist'...) ? Is this news?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you are saying you wouldn't call the police if you saw a guy with an AR-15 and a bag full of ammo walking down the street? Let's add to that, let's say he has an AR-15, a Desert Eagle, a 38 Snub, a Shotgun across his back, buckets of ammo and what looks like pipe bombs in a wagon...You'd look the other way?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I made this point long LONG LONG ago on ATS.

That the moderate say they do not approve of the radical view yet they would not rat out a radical therefore are just as bad as those radicals.

Moderates believe in the same beliefs as radicals, give or take and therefore would LOVE!!!! to see islam flourish.

So even the moderates are just as capable. BANG! Case closed Johnson! Get them all recorded.

Look at what Japan does, do not allow the quaran (I won't even use capitals on the word
) on its land, also any public prayers in islam and they are arrested. Japan does not tolerate Muslims, why does the US?

edit on 11-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 11-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Because we have freedom of religion.....look it up.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

That the moderate say they do not approve of the radical view yet they would not rat out a radical therefore are just as bad as those radicals.

Moderates believe in the same beliefs as radicals, give or take and therefore would LOVE!!!! to see islam flourish.

So even the moderates are just as capable. BANG! Case closed Johnson! Get them all recorded.

Look at what Japan does, do not allow the quaran (I won't even use capitals on the word
) on its land, also any public prayers in islam and they are arrested. Japan does not tolerate Muslims, why does the US?
your either uneducated or stupid.

first wahhabi is totally different to shia, which is totally different to sunni.
sunni and shia, much like sonny and cher, have been knocking the sh!t out of each other for centuries.

secondly, islam is tolerated in japan, only stormfront and other neo-nazis tried to push that lie years ago, for some reason.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

Because we have freedom of religion.....look it up.

oh goodness you really do talk the trash. Yes just like UK we have freedom of religion but hey, cannot remember the last time I saw any other religion hit the streets and cause havoc like majority of muslim preaching minorities do.

I am not one to aim at eastern people but, the islamic faith is a poisonous religion and those that accept it as ok are to be worried about.

Let me add, I hate all religion.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

originally posted by: BlackProject

your either uneducated or stupid.

first wahhabi is totally different to shia, which is totally different to sunni.
sunni and shia, much like sonny and cher, have been knocking the sh!t out of each other for centuries.

secondly, islam is tolerated in japan, only stormfront and other neo-nazis tried to push that lie years ago, for some reason.

They may fight but they are fighting over the same pot of food. No need to go into details. Those that love to burry their heads in sand, will.

In Japan it is tolerated yes, but tolerated is not allowed only given the option under circumstances. We are talking the very act of preying to islam in the street will get you arrested. Feel free to look it up.

Honestly you people missing the point really make me tired. Just pointless bashing against a brick wall of simply not getting the world unfolding around you or wish to hide away whats happening in the world behind things you once read.

Its like a scientist who only reads on book and does not accept other theories. Gets nowhere. *Facepalm*

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Maybe its because they are a home grown hate group, but off the top of my head I can think of Fred Phelps and his westboro Baptist church. Sure they may not be out killing people but they sure do disrupt everything they come within eye sight of.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
This goes to show all terrorist might not be Muslim but all Mulsims are terrorist.

None of them will report anything because deep down they are only killing infidels.

Even when the radicals have murdered more muslims than all the americans killed in terrorist attacks multiplied by hundreds.
How your comment was allowed to stay is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Cause havoc? where in the uk are they doing that?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join