It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually taken the advice given from a Oujia and applied it in their life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hmm, I was pondering how to begin a thread on a topic similar to this one. Hope you don't mind me throwing in a question here instead..

Can somebody tell me anything about the name Pan? The people who know/heard the name may undertsand how this name might relate to the Ouja.

Something has me very interested. Unfortunately, due to a promise made to a 'somewhat' concerned friend of mine I cannot reveal too much on the Ouja side of things - but perhaps in private, although we can discuss this Pan fellow to every detail here..

Any experiences? Information? would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnoMundi

Can somebody tell me anything about the name Pan?

The Great Horned God. The consort of the Goddess and symbol of male energy in the form of the divine, The Horned God reigns. He is the lord of the woodlands, the hunt and animals. He provides for the tribe through the hunt and is honored or rewarded for his deed by being permitted to copulate with the Goddess through the Great Rite.
 The Horned God is is the lord of life, death and is the Sun to the Goddess' Moon. He alternates with the Goddess in ruling over the fertility cycle of birth, death and rebirth. He is born at the winter solstice, unites with the Goddess in marriage at Bealtaine, and dies at the summer solstice to bring fertility to the land as the Sacred King. He is not just a Celtic representation of the God, nor does he solely belong to Wicca, as he has been associated with many deities throughout the world. This is also where the Christians get their idea of their Satan having horns. When condemning the old religion, they used Pan as their scapegoat (no pun really intended) and said it was the devil even though their own bible that they say is absolute tells them that Lucifer/Satan/devil was the most beautiful and most favored of all the angels ever created.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My neice is a witch of some sort and a professional artist, she makes really cool ouija boards, pendelums and stuff like that. Beautiful work indeed, but I told her to be careful what she does with those things.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I played with a Oiuja board once, nothing happened. What I can't understand is this: Why would it only "let through" evil spirits? Why not good ones too? Is there some understanding in the "great beyond" that evils are to use the Oiuja, goods are to use Tarot cards, rune stones, etc?

Another thing I don't fully get is that this thing is just cardboard and plastic bits cranked out by the hundreds of thousands in a game factory: So (IMO) it must not be the game, rather the mindset of those using it.......

I personally never got into these things because I thought a)they didn't work, and b) there was too much chance for those using it to "make" the answers.

I have no fear of the Tarot cards, BTW.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
I played with a Oiuja board once, nothing happened. What I can't understand is this: Why would it only "let through" evil spirits? Why not good ones too?

I don't think anyone said it only lets in evil entities...re read my post above. It states "you" can't control what comes through...the board lets entities through because you are "asking them to come" You don't ask entities to come through Tarot cards...I can tell you that you need to do much more study and understand things more if you are currently reading cards.....

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In the hands of a professional a Ouija board can be a wonderful tool. On the other hand when you have Parker Brothers distributing it as a game, well . . . that was another matter.

Why say that Ouija boards are dangerous? Why not say automatic writing is dangerous, or channeling is dangerous?
In my opinion, there are few of us who can actually make contact with any entities whether using a Ouija board or not. For the most part, if you have the ability to contact beings from other dimensions, then you have it - the Ouija board isn't what makes the contact possible. It is usually just card board and plastic.

Since there are so few that actually have this ability - the danger to the average person is not all that great. Although I guess those planchettes can be sharp on the end and sharp objects should always be kept away from small children and idiots - you could put an eye out with one of those!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think the Ouija board is dangerous because most people using it do not know how to protect themselves. How to get rid of unwanted enemies

It is like going into the bad part of town and drawing alot of attention to yourself. Sure, there are good people there, but they will mostly ignore you. The bad ones..... They are the ones whos attention is drawn and then respond. Usually NOT in a good way.

I do not fool with them. I do not know how to protect or banish and I do not need to buy trouble. I feel things all to well on my own. I try not even to think too much or too deeply on spirits and stuff. If I do, I start hearing things and dreaming things. Possibly just an overactive imagination, but possibly not. The small chance of it being possibly not, is why I am careful!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Why say that Ouija boards are dangerous? Why not say automatic writing is dangerous, or channeling is dangerous?

I will say automatic writing is dangerous, or channeling is dangerous....and while yes, there are those of us who know how to protect ourselves.....I'd say a good 98% here do not! This is why I warn about such things here at this site. This is not a learning site for the paranormal, it's a conspiracy site and I have seen some absolutely terrible advice given to people that haven't the slightest idea what they are "playing" with, by people who are almost as uninformed as those they are giving the advice to! So that dear, is why I occasionally come into this forum. I usually try to stay out of it because I see silly, uninformed conversations, claims, ideas in here...but when I see a topic that I feel may bring about harmful advice, I come in. Too often people, usually the young, do not study and learn before jumping into something.

[edit on 1/26/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If the conversations are silly and uniformed, why do you not visit MORE often and give better advice. It is wrong to let the silly tell the ignorant to do dangerous things

I am not a very learned things on anything paranormal. I just try not to fool with it. I find it interesting and intruiging. I do know it is not something to play with like a kid playing in a hornets nest.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
If the conversations are silly and uniformed, why do you not visit MORE often and give better advice. It is wrong to let the silly tell the ignorant to do dangerous things

I do step in when it's dangerous...I stated that above....I do not step in just to get in to meaningless conversations. As I said this is not a learning paranormal site.....it's a conspiracy site.....if you look around at the people here that you consider "experienced"....you'll find they are very seldom if ever in this forum....it should tell you something. Now, before anyone takes this wrong...I am not saying people should not come in here and discuss or can't learn here....just that I think many people get in here and give incorrect advice, and unless it's "harmful" and can really hurt others.....I'm not going to come in here and get into it...I actually wish they would change the name to "Paranormal Discussion" and take the "study" out and makes people think they can come in here and study.....and this is not the place for actually study of the subject....but that JMHO ...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianDevil1
Okay...the Ouiji Board is BS. I tried "playing" it once. Nothing. Even if the mouse thing moves it is either your sub concious or one of your friends are moving it. Im telling you it is such BS.

For what it's worth, as a young and naive kid, my friends and I used one all the time... and yes everytime we used it we had the same situation... "did you move it?" "No, did you?" " NO! are you sure you arent screwing with me? You did move it didn't you?"... you get the point...

But... I took it serious after a few "unsettling" experiences... My cousin moved into a new house (actually it was very old and BIG). The day he moved in, we were "checking things out" and went into his attic. Among the stuff that was left there, we found a Ouiji board. HOWEVER not like the Parker Brothers version. This appeared old and very used. It was heavy & thick and made of wood. It had , what we believed to be a "copper" top layer adhered ontop of the wood. This had the engravings/letters (some symbols we didnt know). But the really interesting thing to us was the planchette. It was made of bone and glass... anyway... we used it quite often. I must say how fast this thing ALWAYS was- nothing like we experienced before.

Eventually "things happened" and it scared us enough and we stopped using it together. He gave it to me.

Fast forward... the day I stop using it was the day I was using it by myself and well... it was moving by itself. I'll leave it at that. My mother ended up getting rid of it.

So it may be BS to you... but for me it was a very real experience.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the legendary Pan description, LadyV. Yeah.. it's just a Paranormal forum at a conspiracy based website, but even still it is one the best forums on the subject. The Ouija isn't my way and I totaly agree with being cautious. But in most cases only an experienced user will achieve great results, the reckless and the not so informed will be lucky to get anything at all through the Ouija.

Anyway basically the story is about my friend, who was once tempted to enter a bargain with a spirit who went by Pan... Pan (?) was willing to give something for something in return. I'm unaware of what exactly, but my friend refused to participate in this bargain, but Pan kept persisiting by ratling the cup which was used during the one and only Ouja session. This happend every time he walked into the kitchen until a medium was called in to remove the cup and burn the board...

Now, this happened quite a few years ago and apparently my friend hasn't touched the Ouja board since, nor, according to this person, did he accept any bargain. Hmm... Even though this news came to my attention just recently there is something very interesting to note. A struggling man's long life long dream was suddenly met in the few months that follwed those events. It is a dream that only, say, one in five hundred thousand (or one million) men of his nature will touch.

I'd like to know more about Pan in the sense of how differnt cultures, beliefs or myths view his story. For example, we know that in Islam that Jesus was a prophet of God, in Judasm Jesus was simply a very spiritual man, and in Christanity Jesus is the Son of God - some even say - God on Earth.

Thanks, feel free to u2u me LadyV if you feel there is more to this, links and stuff. Glad you posted here.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
LadyV, I can agree with everything you have said - my feelings are pretty much the same. Toys R Us doesn't carry rat poison, scalpels, chainsaws, or class A explosives. Why on earth should they carry Ouija boards?

I think the fact that people will search for contact with beings from another dimension in the same place they shop for Monopoly and Hungry Hungry Hippos says something about them right there.

My earlier post was not meant to be silly. All I am trying to say is that as long as tools are handled by the professionals for which they are designed, there is little danger. One should "play" with a Ouija board just as they should "play" with brain surgery.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ouija boards are one of those instant *hot topics* in this forum it seems. Here's my take- Whether or not it is your subconscious, spirits of the living, or spirits of the dead that come through, many people have negative experiences with the ouija. It always seems worse to those who take it seriously, so yeah, I wouldn't go asking it for serious advice.

Many believe this is because it is easy for spirits in lower frequencies to come through this way, and often they have no worthwhile words to offer.

That aside, Lady V's point about the difference between ouija and tarot makes a lot of sense.

Now, I have to say the problem is most of us dont realize what we are doing when we open a door so to speak. For me, I used to free myself of artistic/creative blocks by randomly pointing to words in texts (any page of writing) with something in mind and seeing what words were strung together. Downright freaky! Not negative, but freaky... I now see how, in a way, that was a really stupid thing to do. Mostly I had a guard up because I was trying to work within myself, merging subconscious and conscious minds and not invite some unseen force, but still its walking a fine line.

I would say the same for when I would have a creative writing workshop in college. We would do free-writes, which was in a way, very similar to automatic writing, but the difference you were only channeling your own mind, conscious and sub, but one needs to do this with clear intention, to avoid any unintentional channeling.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think Ouija is like any other form of communication: sometimes, there simply is noone who wants to talk to you, or noone within 'hearing' range who does.

I guess its not the most flattering thought for those who try and get no results: "what, am I boring or something... do I smell?", but the bottom line is that any conversation needs all parties to be willing... If you run out into a crowded street and start trying to talk to people, and noone wants to stop to chat, its not because the English language is a poor means of communication...

I've used a board a few times, once with results, the other times with none. The time when it worked, we were trying to contact someone specific who had recently died, and being his friends and family, he was probably hanging around us anyway with a strong desire to communicate with us.

As for the dangers, I'm willing to believe there are risks involved (there always are, in everything we do).
It seems to me that the greatest danger comes from the fear that ignorance of the spirit world can cause. My experience with malicious entities is that if they do not find a fertile breeding ground for negative energies within you, they will quickly lose interest. The one time I was visited by such an entity (no Ouija boards involved), I 'told' it in no uncertain terms that I was quite indifferent to its presence and had nothing to exchange with it... and it left.

Someone who has not explored questions of spirit at all will likely react in fear to a situation of contact with another entity with malicious intent. When such people delve into spirit, they are like fish out of water, and they feel very vulnerable indeed to any passing felines...

So this is how I feel about it.
I don't see the point in trying to randomly contact someone from realms of spirit. Its as pointless and foolish to me as going out blindfolded into the street and saying "Here I am, I don't know what I'm doing but would someone stop and talk to me?"...

Stay well,

U.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by upuaut]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I will say automatic writing is dangerous, or channeling is dangerous....and while yes, there are those of us who know how to protect ourselves.....I'd say a good 98% here do not! This is why I warn about such things here at this site. This is not a learning site for the paranormal, it's a conspiracy site and I have seen some absolutely terrible advice given to people that haven't the slightest idea what they are "playing" with, by people who are almost as uninformed as those they are giving the advice to! So that dear, is why I occasionally come into this forum. I usually try to stay out of it because I see silly, uninformed conversations, claims, ideas in here...but when I see a topic that I feel may bring about harmful advice, I come in. Too often people, usually the young, do not study and learn before jumping into something.

[edit on 1/26/2005 by LadyV]

Exactly. The biggest problem in this feild, though, is actually being able to find anything that's actually an educated idea. I think part of it is that a lot of this is so understudied from an academic perspective that we are still stuck in the opinion phase. What can I say? It's a place to start...
If you have any ideas of viable places where I could get some information, could you U2U me? It would be most appreciated...

Anyway, to answer the question, I played with an Ouija board once when I was like 8 or 9 at a Halloween party with about a dozen other girls my age. Nothing happened really, but I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin the entire time. I didn't like the thought of us asking questions of something that could of been our subconscious or could have been something else entirely. Aside from that one "nonexperience," I have never touched one and have no desire to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join