It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Christian men castrate themselves.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This has to be one of the most absurd things I've seen yet on ATS.........dude really, be as christian as you want to be....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As a man I wouldnt want any one cutting my crown jewels off. No thank you. God didnt say to men to cut his, just dont cheat on his beloved, I think that was one of the 10 commandants. But then even if man does Gods still forgives, so as for cutting off his, God made man and then woman.

Go figure!

Basically its a man/family/ choice for man to have his lovelys cut off.

As for the subject, maybe more studying.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Check out his thread under Aliens and UFO's where he suggests that he would like to have cosmetic surgery to make himself into an alien.

OK, but doesn't this guy sound a little like those Heaven's Gate guys that all took a permanent dirt nap in San Diego?

Why not spend more time being charitable and compassionate?

B.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Check out his thread under Aliens and UFO's where he suggests that he would like to have cosmetic surgery to make himself into an alien.

OK, but doesn't this guy sound a little like those Heaven's Gate guys that all took a permanent dirt nap in San Diego?

Why not spend more time being charitable and compassionate?

B.

off subject a bit but wasn't the guy who lead the Heavens Gate cult into mass suicide a 'post op castratee'?

wonder if this is the reason...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

damn, well will you be able to touch a woman in heaven? if you can't touch a woman, can't listen to rock music, can't get drunk and party, can't get high, can't eat apples, can't do this can't do that, what are you supposed to do? sit like an idiot?

how is religion good if it asks you to hurt yourself?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost

how is religion good if it asks you to hurt yourself?

It's not. Time to dust off the ol' brain cells, take a gander at all them so-called sciences and DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well many will never understand that the whole purposed of the concept of God and Adam and Eve was to subjugate women and make her lower than man.

You are right women were the goddesses of earth.

In the Bible account, Woman was made as a HELPER, an EQUAL. In verse 18 it is said she will help. In verses 23 & 24 Man and Woman are called "One Flesh". To me that means "equal, or the same as".
Genesis 2:
18: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19: And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20: And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21: And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22: And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23: And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
-----
ProphetOfYahweh-- While it seems to me that you are focusing on one line in the bible, you are ignoring others. How does the following verse fit into your castration theory? Doesn't this mean that among married people in their bed there IS NO WRONG?
Heb 13:4 KJV
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge .
-----
The Shaker Movement from the 1800's practiced Celibacy to the point of their extinction. Are you trying to say that Human Life is WRONG and needs to be eliminated?

Here is a quote I found at ---
Religious Movements Homepage: Shakers; The United Society of Believers-
religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu...
Sexual intercourse was solely given to humans for reproduction and our inability to use it only for this purpose made us base and animal-like. Celibacy was a "cross one elected to bear to aspire to the spirituality forfeited by Adam and Eve" in favor of carnality. God was equated with spiritual growth while Adam was associated with humanity's less pure, physical nature (Horgan 1982; Robinson 1975). This freedom from their contemporary identity as subservient wives and mothers allowed women to take a more equal stance with the men in the Society (Horgan 1982; Humez 1993). Women and men were to address each other as "Sister" or "Brother" and even married couples who converted together were to act upon this perfect love and be celibate. Women were also the main source of the ecstatic experiences and divine signs that the Shakers considered a vital part of the relationship with God, thus playing a large part in the spirituality of the community (Humez 1993). During the society's later decline it would be upheld by the sole leadership of women while the number of male members dwindled (Stein 1992).
-----
When you read the Bible, be certain of what it says before you go off on some wild tangent. You can do that with prayer and study. Use a good concordance. You can look up specific words that way.
Is this an attempt to get points, (it's working) or is this really your belief? If you want to use the Bible, then I suggest that you READ the whole thing. If you find what appears to be a contradiction, Question it. God tells you to do exactly that..
1John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ok, again, wrong! Cutting off balls is wrong. Even if you use the rubber band method, it still wrong. I swear, whatever you do, DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Every time someone spouts off about how sex is wrong except for procreation. I immediatelly think to myself "So your not making the grade in the sack?"

Some of the fruit cake crap in the bible is obviously written by people that make freud seem positivelly normal. And for the love of god If you aren't cutting it in the sack don't cut off the sack, just listen to your significant other they'll tell you what to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is a link to help you overcome your lust problem.

dlshq.org...

[edit on 24-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

[edit on 24-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leespitfire
You can still have sex if castrated I believe, just that you don't have the strong urge to do as such.

Hell, I think that if I was castrated, I wouldn't have the urge to do ANYTHING. I'd feel horrible... and the pain... holy ...., it hurts just THINKING of this.

After reading through this thread and other of yours, I'm convinced of nothing but the fact that you are a false "prophet" (My "prophetmike" name is just a nickname... I am not proclaiming to be anything and it does not have any real meaning. I dont know if you are trying to make a point with your name and your recent posts, but my personal thought is that you are).

You seem to be wanting to create trouble for yourself by putting down modern-day Christians in this thread. I myself am a Lutheran and have heard nothing like this before. Although I DO believe that every person has the right to interpret the religion in their own way, I do not believe it is correct OR ETHICAL to be pushing your view as the only way to be.

Besides, my stick and stones have yet to be used for their real purpose... so yeah. I'm keepin em... and no one is telling me otherwise.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 1/24/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The Shaker Movement from the 1800's practiced Celibacy to the point of their extinction

Here is a Shaker Community that is still in Maine. They are still around, although not many of them left, but they are NOT extinct.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Once human cloning is able to be done there will be no need for the bestial act of copulation. Then eventually Humans will be manufactured and have no defects and be genderless.

Where in the hell did you get that copulation is a bestial act?

Dude (you've got to be a dude or your username would be prophetess, and then again, that's all I know), you are undoubtedly on some terrible, mind-altering substance and it would be my advice to you to seek some professional help to deal with your problem!

Real Christian men castrate themselves!

Now that's funny!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Erm...From what I've gathered from that passage, and I do have to say I have a vastly different translation (NIV & King James), it's more a volentary hermit-hood. You don't actually have to cut your balls off. Some are made for hermithood. Let's face it, guys, any of you who has been in love knows that your world revolves around that woman. I've been there. In no way am I up for the hermithood that some are. My picture for my future involves a wife and kids. Some people, though, do not have this longing in them that I do. They could go as hermits through their lives. As such, they keep their focus on God with no distractions. That is holy. When I've dated women in the past over whom I fall head over heels, God starts to share a place with them, if not get knocked down a notch or two in attention to make way for Ms. Wonderful. That, I think, is what is was saying. If you're single, fret not, it simply gives you the chance to focus more on God.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh

Here is a link to help you overcome your lust problem.

dlshq.org...
I took a look at your link. This is from the Hindu Religion. Why are you using one religion to explain another? It does not work. Take any two religions, Christian, Hindu, Muslim , Shinto, etc , one does not mesh well with the other. Yes, there may be some commonality, but they are different.
Even Muslims and Christians, the latter through the Jewish religion, can trace themselves to the same family headed by Abraham. They are are vastly different. This gives you three major religions with a common ancestry that are not alike. If they do not mesh well, what makes you think that Hindu or any other religion will blend well with another?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
WTF? I suppose that a bit of drama keeps us all on our toes.

Perhaps you should lead by example.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
WTF? I suppose that a bit of drama keeps us all on our toes.

Perhaps you should lead by example.

LOL...yes, somewhere I heard the rubber band method is the least bloody.

We'll just start calling him "Rubberband rubberband-man"...LOL.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So.. Mr Yahweh.. have you practiced what you have preached yet?

If you are indeed serious and this is not satire.. I am curious as to what type of ritual is involved and what cutting implements you used/ will use? [scapel, fishing line, teeth etc].

[edit on 25-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is such crap. Christian men dont have to castrate themselves. Dont listen to this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join