It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Christian men castrate themselves.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Muslims do this, if memory serves, as do many other cultures -- some in very horrific manners.

Personaly, I'm still a virgin and would not like my little Guru touched untill after it's been exposed to reality.

Leave me be.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well many will never understand that the whole purposed of the concept of God and Adam and Eve was to subjugate women and make her lower than man.

You are right women were the goddesses of earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
LadyV, or any woman, isn't this the kind of bs that kept women from being "equal" for how ever many hundreds of years?

This bs is the kind of thing practiced by men who are scared of a woman having any sort of power. God forbid a woman should get any pleasure out of one of the most natural things we do as a species. Because you know us crazy, oversexed females. Cougars hunting in packs seducing unsuspecting drunk college boys. Oh no, whatever will the world come to if women get to keep the body parts they were born with!!!

Again, if this prophet person comes with 5 miles of me with a sharp object, there will be no chopping off anything, unless it's his.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Look, after the birth of my third child I had a vasectomy, Which is the equivilant of turning my balls into christmas decorations. I mean, they are still there in all their glory, but for all intents and purposes they may as well not be.

Now your saying each man should just go ahead and cut them off. Keep the penis but remove the balls. I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. My sex drive is as strong as its ever been, even after having had a vasectomy.

If you want to kill a mans sex drive i'm afraid your going to have to lop off the head on his shoulders, not his hips.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here we go again... another radical "christan " making a bad name for the truth of christainty....

One day when I'm pope...
ok any way..
Lets start fromt eh begining. "God saw all that was made and it was GOOD" " He made man in the immage and likenss of himself"

OK God makes us like we are to be like him... As a christain you believe God is all powerful and all knowing and can't be wrong. Well now God saw us as good and he made us with all our body parts so obviously their god in God's eyes too...

Next argument. Christain teaching teaches that the body is the temple of the Holy spirit and the Temple of God and Jesus, 3 persons in 1. IN the old and new testament and revealed to the children at Fatama by the Blessed Virgin Mary "MUTLATION OF THE BODY IS MUTLATION OF THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND IS A GREIVE SIN" So now if ou are correct God wants us to prove him wrong and destroy his home to get into heaven...

Yeah Yeah I know jesus said "If your had causes you to sin cut it off for you will not need it to get into heaven.." ( I know thats not te exact quote) BUT look at WHERE he says it IN a parable. ITs a moral. BASIC CHRISTAN TEACHING: TO GRASP THE TRUE FULL MEANING OF THE BIBLE IT MUST BE READ AND TAKEN IN THROUGH THE FULL CONTEXT OF THE SCRIPTURE. TO understand what that passage says you have to read the parable ad the events around it. Jesus is not being literal. Just like he said' When I come I bring not peace but war, For Son will rise against father and daughter against mother to follow me, and you wil be percusicated for my name etc..... " Thats not saying that JEsus is going to destroy the world he is just saying if you wish to follow him you may have to face alot of troubbles but if you believe it is worth it.

Please pay attention and go with what the church teaches not what you think. DOn;t try to decree why you think atleast. It's OK to question.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh

Jesus never had sex and in Hinduism sex is only for having children. You've been brainwashed by the media to be bestial and hedonistic.

I wouldn't be so sure. What about 'Mary of Magdeline'? Theory from the Davinci Code reveals she was Jesus's wife, pregnant with his child at the time of his crusifixion.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Genital mutilations...luverly topic. It's a bit of a step up from tattoos and piercings, but, you know, it might still catch on.
If you had the 'nads' removed (lol) you might get a permanent job in some sheiks harem. Not a bad way to be, really, but frustrating?...sheesh!
Tell you what, though...it's not necessary to do the chop...just say no instead and save yourself an elastic and a nasty infection.
Really...this is the most...erm...uh....'dark ages' kinda thread I've seen on ATS.
The outcome of that path is the idea that our earthly experience should be one of suffering and denial...and that old gnosticism is just plain sick, imo.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I tell you the more you dig in the bible, depending who wrote what, at the time of compilations the different views of the writers are all over contradicting each other.

Trust me our creator has no need to dictate our lives and get involved on our petty problems.

All the believes in this earth has come from men itself and the need to be the superior being.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar

Please pay attention and go with what the church teaches not what you think.

Ummmm...most of those preaching in the churches don't know their own history any more than many of the followers....they sit and listen to "one" mans interpretation of it all......you have to study for yourself...dig into the "real facts"...that doesn't mean you no longer believe in your religion...only a fool follows blindly....if your so full of true faith, learning the truth isn't going to change that!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Very wise words LadyV sometimes is good to be able to separated the myth from historical facts.

It will not make any person that believe the bible teachings any less Christian just more literate.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thats exactly true LadyV. But you have to know what your looking at to make sure you have it right thats why the church has stuff like Vatican 2. Where cardinals, bishops and high thrologians come together to get a group interpertion on the Bible and decide what it means over maybe the course of a year.

But you are absloutly right. IN mass you have no clue if that preacher is telling the truth or not. But with the right recources you can get it right.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lady V...you're right...we need to study and not just take another persons word when it comes to religion. All I ever think about when faced with a religion is that someone else has thought it over, come to a conclusion and written it in a book.
While it can be supportive and worthwhile to read the theologies of the world, it still is up to us to make our own minds up on the subject of spirituality.
There are followers and leaders in most things, but when we confront the soul inside of ourselves, there is only our conscience to help us connect with it. No words can help you, only actions.
I think I now know where your frustration has been coming from.

It's that old thing about 'knowing yourself', isn't it?

[edit on 23-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hey, thanks to the person who also knew about Mary being Jesus's lover. At least I am not the only one who knows about google.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Prophet: Are you trying to convince us guys on ATS to have our,
you know
, removed?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
why would God give you a sex drive, the equipment to fulfill that drive, and the burning sensuality we feel unless we are supposed to enjoy it?

For all we know Jesus spent 18 years in India chasing women and learning spiritual truths, since the church decided to obliterate over half his life for whatever reason. But passages like not touching women are left in the Bible.......Cmon, seriously folks, lets use some Logic Here.

Paul had a fear of women, intimacy, whatever. that spilled over into his writings, and it fit the Patriarchal system the Church needed, simple as that. Jesus never demonstrated the weirdness paul did, yet the Church devotes 10 times as much space in the Bible to Paul than what Jesus actually did or said. why doesnt anyone question the motives behind this.

God presents himself in Human form, but we will completely ignore half his life, lose most of his teachings, and instead will fill the new testament with the rants of a man that is terrified of women. This makes sense to people that read the bible ? The most important aspect of the Bible is the Salvation of humanity, but....whooopppsss, we lost 18 years of Gods Life?

always ask why.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Whoa...

What may be good for you.. Isn't good for everyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm so happy: I'm an atheist.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is talking about someone remaining single. If you get married and it is certainly alright to do so, you will add the responsibility of a spouse and maybe children. You have added people into your life that will cause you to have less alone time. You have also added financial responsibilities with a family.

This is talking simply about if you remain single you can devote alot of your resources to the things of God.

The division in the other verse you quoted is talking about this. Jesus is the only way to salvation and every individual must make a decision concerning Him. If you are saved and your earthly dad isn't this is going to put enmity between you and him. You are to obey him whenever possible, but If he wanted you to do something that you know is wrong and God tells us is wrong you must not obey him. This will cause"division" in a family. I used the llustration of a dad, but it would apply to a saved person and anyone they have a relationship too.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ladyv - The story of sex and procreation is very clear in the bible. The idea of a human having sex with an angel is written in genisis and it says that the offspring were giants. People are refered to as trees in several places and thus the truth that the original sin was sex. Sex with the angel lucifer begat cain. Cain killed able and was banished. This lead to two seed lines. With the addition of the giants talked about in genisis, this lead to the flood. God decided to cleanse the earth of the abominations and chose Noah, who was of the good seed line to repopulate the earth. Noahs son Ham, casterated Noah Gen. 9:22 , it was Noahs children that actually repopulated the earth which allowed the bad seed to continue. This is the parable of the enemy that came in the night and planted the bad seed.

marg6043 - Angels are hermaphrodites.

Leespitfire - The bible talks of the love and mercy of God. It also talks of Gods wrath. Fear only the one that has the power to destroy you. The idea that there is no evil and only love and light will meet you at your end is a fairy tale for those scared of the truth. Satans whole plan is to make you think that there is no good and evil. Surely you believe in something, if not the God of the bible then what?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Check out his thread under Aliens and UFO's where he suggests that he would like to have cosmetic surgery to make himself into an alien.

No where in the Bible does it say that "thou shalt modify thy body to look like some sad preconcieved notion of an alien."

Prophet, there are better ways to get attention than to make outrageous threads, outrageous claims, or mutilate yourself.
I am sure that since you are obviously a creative guy, you could put that to a use that would be much more worthwhile. You don't have to do anything any more outrageous than just being yourself.

People here at ATS will value you more for being honest and intelligent than they will for making yourself into a freak.

I am sorry I was so critical earlier, I think I understand you a little more now. The problem is much more than you just using some Bible verse out of context.

Just be yourself! You can do it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join