It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens moving the moon, again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Phage

Is just...what?

Awesome?

Please don't derail the thread. Stick to the OP.

Same for you Phage, Encryptor & reldra and all of the other forum jokers.

edit on 10-10-2016 by klassless because: To add text.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Too late.
We have images of gravity wave amplifiers.
The jig is up.

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Since the subject matter of the OP has already been addressed with regard to the issue of the Moon and its behaviour, I must point out one other thing about your OP, which requires addressing.

Lear, like many before him with similarly fantastical claims, is nothing more than a salesman. A personage whose sole task is to sell an idea, and preferably get an awful lot of speaking fees and book sales, out of claims which even the smallest element of scientific awareness could put holes the size of a navy destroyer in.

Collier, Greer, Lear... these individuals have in common one overriding principle. Tell nothing but lies, make nothing but profit, spend as little money as possible doing it. They are the conspiracy equivalent of snake oil salesmen. Take little to no heed of their nonsense, since they singularly fail to provide evidence which actually supports their claims, leave alone proof which stands up to scrutiny.

I agree with your comments but I'll add that the individuals you name were/are successful because of the giant database of gullible believers who empower them without one iota of demanding irrefutable evidence. I don't know about Collier, Greer and others holding court on this forum but Lear was legendary and for some reason that I have not learned Lear was banned. How could such a phenomenally successful and popular person be banned?

BTW, no matter how much you inspect all photos of Crater Tsiolkovsky, especially NASA photos, I just don't see how Lear could tell anyone, particularly his devout forum followers, that you can see evidence of a "huge electromagnetic vehicle" on the crater's surface without revealing, ever, where to look. Lear, although a genius by some counts, seems to be of the same class as Edgar Mitchell, brilliant but dumb-sounding.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
jig is up....I saw a got tam Gravity waVe Amplicater....what was that again...
edit on 10-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: TrueBrit

Have you met John Lear? Sat with him for any length of time? Obviously not. You clearly don't know him. He is nothing that you said and very much a quiet man, stepping out into the public when he feels compelled to help shed the light of truth on a subject important to him, to all of us.

But, the topic is the Moon and not John Lear, right?

Well, since I did mention him as THE source for the claim, he IS fair game. I haven't met Lear but I did get acquainted with the way he used to think and express himself on this forum. He was full of it. He was a joke. He led many members down the wrong path with his lies. Every moon photo that he included in his posts never showed anything but natural features but he talked a good game and pissed me off!

He may be a quiet man, privately, but when a camera is aimed at him he goes into hyper-mouth with his ridiculous opinion. He doesn't know what truth is and cannot shed light on anything that's important to anyone.

Just listen to him and if you have any common sense, logic and reason you won't defend him anymore 'cause he's not worth your allegiance.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Just from your title, which I can gleen a premise, if the aliens are moving the moon and have been doing so from time immorial, they can we most assuredly assume it is for our preservation, since we have persevered. Can we not?

Actually, if I had titled the thread without "aliens" on it my thread would have been moved toot suite to a astronomy forum. My real interest is why the moon rotates counterclockwise as evidenced by Crater Tycho moving from the "standard" close to the 7 o'clock position to close to the 3 o'clock position. Many have offered explanations and I'm not one to say they're wrong but their answers don't make sense to me. All I see is a visual mystery.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Since the thread has been derailed by the forum's jokers, including a moderator (yes, you seagull) who should know better, I'm abandoning it. Thank you all that gave the subject a thought and didn't get weak.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Have a look at this link:

earthsky.org...

That's a nice GIF, thanks. But it sort-of falls short of Crater Tycho rotating to the 3 o'clock position! Use my photos for a more realistic GIF version.

I specifically addressed the rotating Tycho Crater back on page one in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the graphic from that post that explains why the Moon (and Tycho's position) appear to rotate depending on where and when on Earth the image was taken:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: 3danimator2014

hahaha...With a comment like that you'd have to be from the USA? Stay there, nothing special here...hehehe
Your country is so special

How's the view on that horse? I'm from the UK and it was a joke. I went to Oz and loved it and am madly in love with Isla fisher. Good enough for you?

Sheesh

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The Moon orbits Earth in the prograde direction.

Retrograde motion is motion in the direction opposite to the movement of something else and the contrary of direct or prograde motion.

In our Solar System, all of the planets and most of the other objects that orbit the Sun, with the exception of many comets, do so in the "prograde" direction, i.e. the same sense as the rotation of the Sun.

Also the rotations of most planets are prograde, with the exceptions of Venus and Uranus, which have retrograde rotations.

Most satellites of planets revolve around their planets in the prograde sense. (In the case of the satellites of Uranus, this means they revolve in the same sense as Uranus's rotation, which is retrograde relative to the Sun.) There are some satellites which orbit in the retrograde sense, but these are generally small and distant from their planets, except for Neptune's satellite Triton, which is large and close. It is thought that these retrograde satellites, including Triton, are bodies which have been captured into orbit around their planets, having been formed elsewhere.

Link

I would think the theories of aliens would be focused on Venus, Uranus or Triton, given that moons are not uncommon in the solar system.

edit on 10/11/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is also the fun theory that aliens moved the moon out of orbit to cause the great flood and rinse away an Earth species that was out of control.

I do not agree with that as it looks too likely historically that something actually struck the Earth and that the serpent tales refer to a sky event such as a comet to be the cause of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
But those moons do not give viewing points for Earth. Nor do they give quick access storage.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's rather hard to take a thread seriously when the "evidence" is a badly, even horribly, pixalated photograph. Not to mention the fact that the OP is a multi-time banned spammer who has no intention of providing his evidence.

Now, if you want to discuss this topic I'm fine with that. Provide your evidence, and we'll go at it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

He's very qualified, klassless. However your OP is not. Your first line :

Many light years ago, in another galaxy, it was decided that the planet earth needed a companion. So they hauled an abandoned small planet into orbit around earth and because...

That is a completely outrageous statement to post in this forum without a single piece of evidence. Had you started in Skunkworks, ok. You'd still be ribbed but at least you acknowledged your post was pretty much bullsh*t.

And so far, you have not providing anything to back up your statement while, very quickly other knowledgable members (ie: the "jokers") have already corrected your wrong assumptions.

Man up and admit this is just your opinion or provide the evidence to back up this pretty outrageous statement.

Besides, the moon is made of cheese. Everyone knows this. It's called science, mate.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The irony is strong with this one.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A LOT of planets have moons. How is ours "different" or "more" unique than all the other planets with moons? Did "aliens" also haul Phobos and Deimos to Mars, and haul all 63 moons to Jupiter?

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with ATS' slogan on this one...
edit on 12-10-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

It has thrusters in the deeper craters....cmon dude keep up,lol

(post by klassless removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join