It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Bots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I screenshotted this one myself a few minutes ago:

That ain't coincidence folks. That's what bots look like in action. Not much else to be said.

EDIT:

Well that's embarassing. I was in a rush and I posted before I had really taken a look at the feeds in detail. They're all bots but it looks like it was a coincidence that the article they happened to be tweeting at the time I noticed them was about Conway's comments on Trump. It appears that they're pulling from RSS feeds of latest news stories and with the election/debate ithey're almost all Trump+Clinton.

Mea culpa, mea culpa!
edit on 2016-10-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Woooo! Great debate. Trump 2016. Seriously. Keep making threads about him

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You know what they say, "it takes a bot to spot a bot"

Laugh that was funny.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Or how about somebody who has writtten a twitter bot?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Wooo! Great retort.

Way to go into details with your impeccable fact checking to disprove the OP's contention.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Honestly these trolls shouldn't get better. That and being 1 AM.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Is it twitter faux-pas to quote the title to the linked article in a tweet? Sincere question.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Are you getting flagged for saying something against the Don?

Of course he has bots. Anything that helps is called "strategy" and the bots are one of his more benign strategies.
But, in his defense, he is not a professional politician, so his lies don't count. After he is elected president he promises to us, "his" people, that among other things, he will be a born again Christian and will stop cheating people out of their money, assaulting women, lying about everything, and playing footsie with Putin. So, just vote for him and he will reform all his bad behavior, even the bots.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No.

I' don't know Twitter that well. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. They do look suspicious, and they don't look like actual titles.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SmashnGrab

Believing Trump will change is more ignorant than believing in God.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

We don't want Trump to change, we know exactly what we are getting. Unlike Hillary who has one face for the public and another for private back room meetings. She is the real wild card in this election.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I screenshotted this one myself a few minutes ago:

That ain't coincidence folks. That's what bots look like in action. Not much else to be said.

Yep both sides do it, and it is terrible.

Its why I don't give much creedence to how many twitter followers someone has, etc.

However, I find the main stream medias bias much more concerning. Regardless of who you are voting for, don't y9u find it troubling how the main stream media along with the entertainment industry have become a one sided propaganda machine?

Its all good now because they are after Trump, but lets not forget they helped defeat the campaigns of Ron Paul, bernie, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and who knows who else in the future.

That seems to be a far bigger concern that crappy Twitter bots.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Speaking of bots.

At least you can chalk up Trump supporters to just being trolls... like the MSM did after the last debate. But only one candidate has SuperPAC's that are openly funneling millions of dollars into organizations like Control The Record.

edit on 10-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I Guess it takes one to Know one .

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ain't that the truth.

But still, it is an interesting point how automated much of it has become. If the mainstream media isn't behind bots, nor any group is funding them, then it is likely some kid waging an underground propaganda battle of his own.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Well you can look for yourself. You'll notice that they're tweeting the same articles, never anything but and pumping them out at a rate of maybe 4-5 an hour.

Bot 1
Bot 2
Bot 3
Bot 4
Bot 5

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Speaking of bots.

At least you can chalk up Trump supporters to just being trolls... like the MSM did after the last debate. But only one candidate has SuperPAC's that are openly funneling millions of dollars into organizations like Control The Record.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I suppose the op should ask a mod to have title changed.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Well you can look for yourself. You'll notice that they're tweeting the same articles, never anything but and pumping them out at a rate of maybe 4-5 an hour.

Bot 1
Bot 2
Bot 3
Bot 4
Bot 5

I believe you. But what is the point of that, to bump up CNN traffic?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join