originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: spiritualarchitect
537 TOTAL VOTES posted 90 minutes AFTER the debate was over! It took CNN that long to fudge their numbers!
Apparently you are the one crunching the numbers. Why?
Ok here we go. All of your sources here are relying on two polls, the CNN poll ,and the yougov poll. Lets start with the CNN poll. They admit that
the group sampled was skewed democrat. In fact according to them,
Fifty-eight percent of debate watchers said they were supporting Clinton before the debate
So 58% were Hillary before the debate, leaving just 42% that were independent or for Trump. So unsurprisingly, Hillary won that poll. What is
uprising is that she only got 57% of the win, when there were 58% of the people backing her when the went into it.
Now the yougove poll. This one is a head scratcher.
Here is the PDF with the demographics of the poll.
812 people interviewed, 337 of which were democrats. That means around 42% of the people polled were Democrat. Compare this to only 31% of
republican people, with the leftover 27% being independent.
So again, a heavy skew towards democrats. Despite having 41% of respondants be democrat, she only won 47% to 42%.
But here is where it gets really crazy. yougov says this about independents.
Clinton narrowly won undecideds 44% to 41%
Ok looks bad for Trump. But wait a minute, when we go to yougov own PDF on demographics for this poll, it shows this number is misleading!!
Go to question 3 on this cite that shows the demographics.
Who do you think won. Notice when it is broken down by demographics. Democrats, 82% though Hillary won, 6% thought Trump won, and 12% thought it was
a tie. Republicans, 9% thought Hillary won, 81% thought Trump won, and 10% thought is was a tie.
Now the big number, independents. Remember, yougov spun it as if undecideds thought Hillary won. But whats really important is how did independents
think. 36% for Hillary, 51% Trump, 13% tie.
You hget that. Trump crushed her with independants. Yougov is being intentionally misleading own their own poll!
Republicans and indepenants overwhelmingly thought Trump won, but because they sampled so many democrats, it looks like Hillary won.
It gets even better though. You know how Trump has no chance to win according the the main stream, media. The same media outlets that are touting
this poll. Well lets see what the poll says about who these people are voting for.
Page 20, who do you intend to vote for?
Democrats 91% for Hillary, 5 % for Trump.
Republicans, 8% Hillary, 81% Trump
Independents, 29% Hillary, 53% Trump.
So I did some calculations. Again, Trump is way ahead with Independents and Republicans. So the very poll the main stream is advocating as proof of
HIllarys dominance shows the exact opposite!