It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Chugs 3 Glasses Of Listerine, Gets DUI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A Michigan woman has been arrested for driving under the influence following an episode of binge drinking where she consumed multiple glasses of Listerine. Listerine marketed by Pfizer, is almost 27 percent alcohol or 54 proof.

sfgate.com

ADRIAN, Mich. -- A woman who admitted drinking three glasses of Listerine mouthwash had a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit when she was arrested for drunken driving, police said Friday.

The woman, identified by police Sgt. Mike Shadbolt as 50-year-old Carol A. Ries, was arrested Sunday night and released on personal bond the next day. She was to be arraigned late next week on a misdemeanor charge of operating under the influence of liquor, Shadbolt said.

Police also found an open bottle of Listerine in Ries' car, and asked Lenawee County prosecutors Friday to authorize a warrant charging her with having an open intoxicant in a motor vehicle, Shadbolt said. Calls to the prosecutor's office were not answered after business hours.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My god, how was she ever able to drink that many glasses. Just gargling the stuff is nasty enough, i cannot imagine drinking it in large amounts. No wonder it kills germs, look at the alcohol content!!!. Betcha one thing though, she had nice smelling breath!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope it was the new orange flavored. To get the bums off the block where I worked in Boston I used to take their listerine away and make them follow me down the street, ah the good old days!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why in the world would someone resort to Listerine when the real thing could be had.........if she was looking to hide the breath, she could always have gone for Peppermint Schnapps..............perplexing

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A great loophole for teens wanting to get drunk but aren't 21.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Why in the world would someone resort to Listerine when the real thing could be had.........if she was looking to hide the breath, she could always have gone for Peppermint Schnapps..............perplexing

Dude, having had too many days after of 100 proof Rumple Minz Peppermint schnapps in high scholl, I maintain there is NO difference in taste!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
A great loophole for teens wanting to get drunk but aren't 21.

Oh, thats something we should tell the kids of the world

This lady has a problem. It is a disease. I have seen first hand what Alcoholism can do to a person, and it can be worse than heroin. This is about as smart as chugging a bottle of Robitussin to get high.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I drank that stuff once before a school dance when I was like 15.

I threw up.

Even after a couple years being "of age" the novelty of buying my own alcohol still hasn't worn off.

This is about as smart as chugging a bottle of Robitussin to get high.

I did that before a school dance once too.

[edit on (1/23/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but isnt the price of a sixpack cheaper than a bottle of listerine??
Guess anything round the house will do in a pinch.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I may be wrong, but isnt the price of a sixpack cheaper than a bottle of listerine??
Guess anything round the house will do in a pinch.

That was my point. You can get a fifth of some rock gut hooch for about the same price, however, your breath would not be as "minty fresh" In regards to the poster hoping it was "orange" flavor. Thats almost as nasty. Poorly mixed tag with a bite is what that would taste like

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Dude, having had too many days after of 100 proof Rumple Minz Peppermint schnapps in high scholl, I maintain there is NO difference in taste!

Difference in stigma at least..........

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Having been in and around the alcoholic scene I do not in any way see alcoholism as a disease. I see it as an addiction, dependency, and a poor choice of lifestyle. Alcohol is often used bye people to deal with undiagnosed emotional problems and mental disorders. I see disease as cancer, tb, aids?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ugg Peppermint Schnopz bleh, Listerine ...grosse. I knew some kids in my school who did that(ok granted they were dirt poor so they couldn't usually afford the "good" stuff as they refered to it, another favorite of thiers was cough surup the favorite intoxicant of my Avatar Kevin Spencer
FYI Its a very low-brow cartoon, just think South Part Movie on regular Cable heh I love Canada on every Sunday night on Comedy network at 11PM EST
) Personally I do not know how anyone can drink Alchohol as I think its totally gross tasting and it makes you do stuff you'll regret later. Not that I much cared about the Taste in High School though
I just as I grew up it lost it's appeal to me as I wasn't drinking it for the taste but just to get drunk and have "fun". Man I was Ignorant when I was a teenager....

top topics

join