It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I took a ghost picture, come and see!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi, I just joined this site and here are the ghost pictures I took.

www.invasionx.com...

That's my friends website I put it on. On there you can read the back story and what random info you need. Seeing as my friend's website isn't really related to ghosts or what have you, so I joined here.

I also posted this at www.unexplained-mysteries.com They were no help.
I really want someone to do tests on these images to tell me if it is a ghost or not like use photoshop filters or what have you like you guys have done in the past with other images. I lurker here before and some members were very cool.
If you need larger versions, message me at asamanifesto@gmail.com The pictures are like 1 MB each so it will take sometime to send it to you. Thanks

Edit: here is that unexplained mysteries thread:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

[edit on 23-1-2005 by ASAManifesto]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I see a lot of orbs.....no actual ghosts though. Orbs do not necessarily mean ghost, which is why unexplained mysteries wasn't interested.

[edit on 1/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I understand that but, damn, that "orb" has a smiley face on it!
Isn't there like tests you could do on that picture to see if it was really there or what not?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Heck... that's not a ghost! Only a dirt on the lens. Probably water spill, but not a ghost. I was often with the same trouble when taking shots with large lens under weather conditions. The lines are magnified scratches which are already on the lens, but the drop of water makes it visible.

That's all!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Im telling you there was not dirt on the lens. Why does everyone say that? I swear then look at the other pictures, there are not orbs, so did the dirt just magically disappear a few seconds later.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASAManifesto
Im telling you there was not dirt on the lens. Why does everyone say that? I swear then look at the other pictures, there are not orbs, so did the dirt just magically disappear a few seconds later.

Hun...it doesn't matter really. Orbs are fairly common...and as I stated above, doesn't mean there are ghost there....we really do not know what they are.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No. You can't see every dirt with naked eye. C'mon... I am not a beginner, I used to make photos and vids a lot. I'm familiar with your problem. In this case I simply wipe the lens with a desired cloth that won't scratch the surface, and continue doing my work.

But you get the fact, that you got a ghost and it's a story. Well, if you want a story, you have it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i think most if not all orbs are from light reflections/dirt on camera.
when looking at the images i didn't get a feeling that there was a lot to it though.

btw...is that smily face having a joint?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The dirt might also have been dust and floated in front of the lens, and refracted the light. I rarely think orbs = ghosts

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I know for a fact orbs = ghosts, or some form of condensed energy. I seen an orb once with my own eyes.

I was laying on the couch watchin tv with a puppy laying beside me. Out of the corner of my eye I seen a bright white ball about hte size of a marbel.. I thought oh...must be just a big peice of dust or something caught in the houses vents they just finally let go. By this time I was watching it "float" from my head down past my knees then it was gone.

I had my knees up and once it passed them It was gone. I moved my knees quickly to see if i could catch a glimpse of it. I know I wasn't seeing things because the puppy was looking at the same spot I was when I lost sight of it.

I started thinking and realized it wasn't just dust. For starters it was a perfect sphere. It was bright white / luminated but it cast no light. It didn't float... it traveled in a straight line, staying at the same height and same speed the whole time. It took 3-4 seconds to get from my head to out of site, so i had a really good look at it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As far as "normal" orbs go, the dust doesn't have to be ON the lens. I got some great orbs when I took some photos outside in the dark, with the flash, while it was snowing. The particles that reflect light can be in the air. You said at least one picture was taken after you "kicked open" the door. That would kick up dust. You have to admit that it's a possibility. As much as we want something to be paranormal, we have to check out the normal first... Cool smiley face tho.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Heres my ghost pic. See the little girl in the tree stump? She wasn't there when I took the pic. Study the pic and you can find all kinds of other weird stuff in it too.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
As far as "normal" orbs go, the dust doesn't have to be ON the lens. I got some great orbs when I took some photos outside in the dark, with the flash, while it was snowing. The particles that reflect light can be in the air. You said at least one picture was taken after you "kicked open" the door. That would kick up dust. You have to admit that it's a possibility. As much as we want something to be paranormal, we have to check out the normal first... Cool smiley face tho.

No doubt about that ishari. That is true, I did kick the door down, but with the face and all and some ghost experts saying that ghosts manifest in orbs too, it could be true. I just wonder, is there a way like in photoshop or something, to prove the object was really there and not just in the picture when I took it because of some sort of camera trick. Some sort of filter to use in photoshop to prove if it is fake or real?

^Thats all I want, someone to tell me how to see if it was there or not^

mrwupy, is she in the tree and pisky, lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As far as I can see, the photos have been takes with a flash (otherwise, the room would have been too dark for a picture to come).
So, here's my theory: ok, the camera's lense was clean. But there could have been dust floating in the air. Dust on which the flash has been reflected, and that would explain all those orbs.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ghost that looks like a smiley? maybe it's PacMan's ghost?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Dirty camera lens. Maybe a moderator should post a sticky about confusing dirt with ghost as it happens all the time on ATS

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ASAManifeso, since I can see you took the pics with a Vivitar Vivican 3750, is this ("ghostdoor0po.jpg") the original image? I can see the file has been at least saved with Adobe Photoshop CS for Windows. The create date, modify date, and metadata date are all the same, but I'm not sure what that means. I'm not the most experienced at reading hex data.

The one with the smiley face is kinda pointless to look at right now since it's obviously been edited just to point out that feature. It has different data in it.

If you want to look for yourself, here is a link to a free hex editor (the one I used). Just extract and then open your picture with it. You'll see a lot of data, but look on the right hand side where the background is white, and you can see the info that I pulled from above (about the camera and stuff). Like this:

Maybe someone with more experience could help here??

[edit on 1/23/05 by ishari]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
ASAManifeso, since I can see you took the pics with a Vivitar Vivican 3750, is this ("ghostdoor0po.jpg") the original image? I can see the file has been at least saved with Adobe Photoshop CS for Windows. The create date, modify date, and metadata date are all the same, but I'm not sure what that means. I'm not the most experienced at reading hex data.

The one with the smiley face is kinda pointless to look at right now since it's obviously been edited just to point out that feature. It has different data in it.

If you want to look for yourself, here is a link to a free hex editor (the one I used). Just extract and then open your picture with it. You'll see a lot of data, but look on the right hand side where the background is white, and you can see the info that I pulled from above (about the camera and stuff). Like this:

Maybe someone with more experience could help here??

[edit on 1/23/05 by ishari]

Now we are getting somewhere!

No, the door open one not the original. I have it, and I opened it with photoshop cs and edited the image size because the original was too big.

I have to original of the smiley face one. Also, I there is one with the white lines on it, can't you "hex" that one? I mean, all I did was cut and paste it and changed its size.

Thanks for the hex editor link ishari, but I have no clue whats it suppose to do.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here is my theory. I have a digital camera that I just got over Christmas Break. Taking some pictures at my girlfriends family gathering I noticed some "orbs" as well. In fact every time there was something shiney in the background, these "orbs" appeared. Sometimes it was a doorknob, sometimes a clock, but all in all it was the reflections off of the said shiney object bouncing off of probably dust or some other particals in the room. I noticed on the webpage you gave that the "orbs" were only in pictures with shiney objects in them. Notice the fuse box being very shiney in one picture with the toking smiley orb, and also the latch for a lock, and even the deadbolt, in the other picture with Orbs abound. Notice also, in other pictures there is nothing that reflects light as much as the fuse box or the latch that produces said "orbs".

Case closed. Not a dirty lense, just dirt in the air reflecting the flash from the neat shiney objects in the room. Man I feel like a detective.

Peace Out

IronMan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join