It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro-life, and pro-choice, how about you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: Bone75

Interesting tidbit...you folks didnt read OPs

Why do libtards always say that?

Why do repedos always think everything is about them

I said most. You were one of the few that didn't dive right into the abortion debate as the entire discussion point.

libtards? really?

Just for context, of page 1 of 2, let's not forget his comment of massive substance:

You're right. I'd like to go put a bullet in Dylan Roof's head, but some pesky lawmaker way back when says I'm not allowed to... damn freedom haters.

To be fair, as lame as the example is, it is a pretty direct response to the actual subject (that being the need for society and law verses freedom).

Direct? Are you saying he wasn't being sarcastic and truly wants to commit murder and accepts that society? I think not.

It was a cheap comment with a hackjob preconceived 'deep philosophy' to defend it.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Abortion is murder...period.

If that's your opinion - - then don't do it.

Just don't force your opinion on me.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Interesting tidbit...you folks didnt read OPs

Why do libtards always say that?

Why do repedos always think everything is about them

I said most. You were one of the few that didn't dive right into the abortion debate as the entire discussion point.

libtards? really?

My bad. I thought you were the one who called me a PC schmuck.

Oh and I'm a commie not a repedo.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh look lots of bleating from mostly men berating women's choices.
You love to demonise but never offer any solutions.
Let me ask you would you punish women for having control of their bodies?. How are you going to force women to go through a pregnancy they don't want?.
In a perfect world no one would have an abortion but closing planned parenthood and other social services is only going make woman go to back St abortionists and cause them harm.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I believe he was forcing it on the baby.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Annee

I believe he was forcing it on the baby.

Then he can have the baby and raise it.

You couldn't stop abortion and unwanted pregnancy with the entire pro-life party claiming children.

edit on 9-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, I like to make allusions, allegoeries, parables, comparisons and what not but sometimes I'm rather bad at it. I've attempted satire before and that was just bad on my end. I didn't write things in a manner where people could make a connection to what I really meant.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
funny, the ones that push pro life lies in the name of religion, are the same that decry other religions for being medieval.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why even have these conversations, where it's only pandered material with no realistic outcomes?

What exactly is a good proposition? There is an abortion every 30 seconds in the USA, are the people supporting pro-life planning on raising these children? Otherwise it seems like a cheapshot at Poverty, where it will have a terrible upbringing and simultaneously cripple the parents financially for life.

The whole conversation is pandering to politics. Pro-Life? The majority of you classify as Carnivore down south. You start Wars for money, and hunt, smoke, drink. Pro-life? Is there a bigger BS title?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I'm pro choice on the stance of abortion, for the record...

I made a mistake in naming the thread the way I did. I won't change it since the conversation is what it is.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would go even further, i would extend the powers to make abortion compulsory for some people, Any one that is fit and able but who has been out of work for more than 2 years ( long term benefit recipients ) would be taken away and neutered, If these people cant look after themselves, they are not fit to raise children into a life of poverty and crime, Also anyone that finds themselves in jail for a long period of time would have their womb or testials removed so as not to be able to breed when they are released.

This plan would exclude the sick, elderly and mentally ill.
edit on 9-10-2016 by ColaTesla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
funny, the ones that push pro life lies in the name of religion, are the same that decry other religions for being medieval.

I've always found harming a fetus to be one of the most disgusting atrocities a human could commit. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm Pro-Constitution. I don't believe the Constitution grants federal or state governments the legal authority to require or deny valid medical procedures. I believe those rights rest firmly with the people.

Unfortunately, we've already started down that road. Knowing how the government always overreaches and then justifies their actions, it's just a matter of time before your body is not legally yours.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

This plan would exclude the sick, elderly

Hmmn...I think nature takes care of the elderly ... like making them past their

conceiving date!!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Frankly, I think this is the most complicated issue on the American seen. I thought I was pro choice until my niece had an abortion. Somewhere afterwards I found I was choking on it. Abortion is simply killing an un born baby. Figure it out for your self, I did.

I think this is an issue for the family and the church and not the federal government.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm pro choice but I've always chosen life myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManTillman

Total ignorance.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Our Bodies Ourselves- 70s book. We've only had since the 70s to even explore or understand reproduction.
Women at this point really do control reproduction and that's private. Period. Sorry, guys-you control alot of things we can't but this brought freedom to women-and its impossible to prove that every impregnated woman would/could give life to a healthy full term child.
This discussion is about freedom. Stay away from my body without consent-don't tell me what I can and can't do-it's none of your business and its not a political discussion.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Total rot.

I believe that if a person is sexually active, and finds themselves pregnant despite not being in a position to look after a child, mentally or financially, nor in a psychological state which would allow them to bring one to term, and survive the emotional trauma of separation in the event of adoption, one should, without having to justify it to anyone or receive a moments denigration, be able to abort if they should so decide.

I would also argue that the inevitable idiots that will sprout to insist that a woman keep her legs together, would benefit from an examination of the facts pertaining to mental health, which relate to sexual activity, and how necessary it is for ones long term health to have partnership, regardless of whether or not they are ready for motherhood.

I would direct these same idiots to the studies on contraceptive medicines which also tend to cause increased risk of cancer and other serious ailments in the users.

I would also direct them that if their opinion on abortion pertains to religion, that it is moot, by way of being scientifically unjustified.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I'm pro-life, and pro-choice, how about you?

I'm not really 'pro' or 'con' what is/Reality.
I just experience/perceive it.
Life is a beautiful nightmare...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join