It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro-life, and pro-choice, how about you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

As you might imagine, it can be difficult to find reliable information when it comes to "hot button" issues.

According to this study/research, the stats were as follows:

In cases of rape, 0.3%;
In cases of incest, 0.03%;
In cases of risk to maternal life, 0.1%;
In cases of risk to maternal health, 0.8%;
And in cases of fetal health issues, 0.5%.
About 98.3% of abortions in the United States are elective.

Even "pro-abortion" groups like the National "Right to Life" (oh the irony), will tell you that 93% of all abortions are simply birth control.

Absolutely shameful and disgusting for what is supposed to be an educated and civilized society.

Again, the focus has to be forcing people to take responsibility for their actions and avoiding the pregnancy which would eliminate (approximately) 95% of the "debate".

edit on 9-10-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
LOL

this thread is amazing.

OPs title eludes to abortion, but its actually nothing to do with it outside of a quick mention as part of a greater picture.

almost every post that follows is about abortion and virtue signaling.

To the ops...in regards to having people live how they choose as you are discussing, sure. I think however you can establish a safety net for people in need.

Now, lets not have titles that misrepresent the discussion going on..people here dont like reading OPs, just titles, and then its straight to their virtues.

Interesting tidbit...you folks didnt read OPs..do you honestly think other people read your stuff if you couldn't be bothered to read the subject (and almost nobody else did either).
Why not just type a nice letter to Santa
edit on 9-10-2016 by SaturnFX because: did a thing with some stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Abortion is a subject that makes me a bit squeamish.

Fortunately (for me) it is absolutely none of my business, because I'm a man and have no right to interfere with women's reproductive rights. I think the current legal position (in the UK) is a reasonable one, and it seems most women agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Again, absolutely shameful and disgusting for what is supposed to be an educated and civilized society.

...this thread isn't about termination of fetuses though.
...education requires understand the subject, right?

awkward...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Abortion is a subject that makes me a bit squeamish.

Fortunately (for me) it is absolutely none of my business, because I'm a man and have no right to interfere with women's reproductive rights. I think the current legal position (in the UK) is a reasonable one, and it seems most women agree.

What does that have to do with the OPs though?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I read it.

I also read the part that said;

Isn't it odd that the party that makes attempts to represent the life of a fetus, actively wages war on most other aspects of life after birth?

What else could the OP be alluding to, if not abortion?

When do the words "pro-life" ever come up outside of abortion discussions?
edit on 9-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Fixed tags.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Tags.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is a decision that should be made by the woman, her partner (if involved), and her medical care professional. I do not think the government needs to be involved, at any level, other than some limits on a time frame (a viable fetus). I have no dog in this fight, I have no uterus, and was snipped after I had fathered all of the children that I desired.

The same folks screaming the loudest about their rights are the same ones that want to deny the LGBT community theirs, the same folks that don't want safety nets, the same folks that want to disenfranchise voters, and the same ones that do not want to teach young people how to prevent pregnancy. Anyone care to explain this to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Interesting tidbit...you folks didnt read OPs

Why do libtards always say that?

I don't think I could've addressed the premise of the OP any more directly than I did with my very first comment.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Forgive me if I was unclear, I thought I had directly answered the question in the title of this thread.

FWIW I think the label 'pro-life' is emblematic of the emotional manipulation that the anti-abortion obsessives rely on.

I mean, if you're against the 'pro-life' lobby, then by direct implication you are declaring yourself 'pro-death'.

If only it were that simple.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Now, don't misinterpret my title

I think a better title would be "Right wing vs Left wing ideological principles
..for more accuracy

The desire to control how others live their lives is becoming more and more threatening from all sides of the table
- As a whole, our government, and many people have become "anti-life" -

This is basic authoritarianism (not anti-life as you suggest)

against freedom.

Liberty. Freedom isn't something a civil society can truely have in pure form. freedom is mad max. liberty is the important bit here..the right of self determination, but within a guidelines of society that allows personal expression (without harming others)

Isn't it odd that the party that makes attempts to represent the life of a fetus, actively wages war on most other aspects of life after birth?

One could suggest its hypocracy of course, to be anti-abortion but pro-war.

Isn't it odd that the party that desires things like safety nets, social programs and the like - things meant to benefit all of us - have allowed minorities and special rights groups to have far too much control, increase the size of the fed, and actually reduce freedom for all?

with large nations come large government just to keep things running, else it breaks apart. I do think there is a way to accomplish this without interfering with liberties though...within reason (no, I dont have the liberty to pour toxic waste in a river for instance)

SHOULD have the right to live our lives the way we want to

Within reason

We need to rise up above our own opinions and stances and unite

This thread is a great example, opinions over subject is what is presented by the supposed "Enlightened" here..didn't even bother grasping what you are discussing..just seen a trigger word and immediately went full cult

- The government has become too big, too overbearing, too bloated for us to keep going this path.

We have the government we deserve.

So how about it - Are you pro-life, too?
-Deadlyhope

Meh

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Forgive me if I was unclear, I thought I had directly answered the question in the title of this thread.

FWIW I think the label 'pro-life' is emblematic of the emotional manipulation that the anti-abortion obsessives rely on.

I mean, if you're against the 'pro-life' lobby, then by direct implication you are declaring yourself 'pro-death'.

If only it were that simple.

The title of the thread is ultimately clickbait and has almost nothing to do with the subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Op, actually, With supreme court justice positions being filled in the next few years...it will be a really big matter in who is elected this year. History has shown we have a current divided partisan government and each side has always chosen a bias judge in the past. Sure, Clinton and Trump both suck, but most are not voting for the individual...they are voting for what they believe the basic party bias is.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I don't think I could've addressed the premise of the OP any more directly than I did with my very first comment.

I don't know why liberals tell conservatives they can't read. They obviously mean comprehension. How mysterious.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Why do repedos always think everything is about them

I said most. You were one of the few that didn't dive right into the abortion debate as the entire discussion point.

libtards? really?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I said most. You were one of the few that didn't dive right into the abortion debate as the entire discussion point.

libtards? really?

Just for context, of page 1 of 2, let's not forget his comment of massive substance:

You're right. I'd like to go put a bullet in Dylan Roof's head, but some pesky lawmaker way back when says I'm not allowed to... damn freedom haters.

edit on 9-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well,both sides of that debate do that. if you aren't pro-choice, you must be anti-choice authoritarians.
If you aren't pro-life, you are basically a murderer.

nothing like reasonable discussions about when a lifeform becomes a person.

I think a better representation of that subjects sides wouldbe
"Conception-personhood"
or
"Birth-Personhood".
aka, when does replicating cells become a person...and my take on that is simple, whenever there is activity in its brain...to be a person is to have experiences..hense why a person being kept alive by machines only but otherwise braindead is best to simply unplug and let die...its no longer a person.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thanks for actually reading the thread!

I mean it's a tiny bit about abortion but that's hardly the point I wanted to make, though I now realize people don't want to think deeper than the buzz words I used to get them to come and read my thread - my fault for resorting to such tactics for view counts.

Oh well! Such is life, haha

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

libtards? really?

Just for context, of page 1 of 2, let's not forget his comment of massive substance:

You're right. I'd like to go put a bullet in Dylan Roof's head, but some pesky lawmaker way back when says I'm not allowed to... damn freedom haters.

To be fair, as lame as the example is, it is a pretty direct response to the actual subject (that being the need for society and law verses freedom).

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Thanks for actually reading the thread!

I mean it's a tiny bit about abortion but that's hardly the point I wanted to make, though I now realize people don't want to think deeper than the buzz words I used to get them to come and read my thread - my fault for resorting to such tactics for view counts.

Oh well! Such is life, haha

Call it a learning experience. most people will only read a title and go into their opinions on the title.
I have done that in the past and gotten burned, so now at the very least skim in order to understand the discussion at hand instead of assuming.

neat social experiment actually. say some heavy subject title, then have ops not really talk about it but just likened...see how many of the supposed truth seekers even bother to understand whats being discussed.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Well,both sides of that debate do that. if you aren't pro-choice, you must be anti-choice authoritarians.
If you aren't pro-life, you are basically a murderer.

nothing like reasonable discussions about when a lifeform becomes a person.

I think a better representation of that subjects sides wouldbe
"Conception-personhood"
or
"Birth-Personhood".
aka, when does replicating cells become a person...and my take on that is simple, whenever there is activity in its brain...to be a person is to have experiences..hense why a person being kept alive by machines only but otherwise braindead is best to simply unplug and let die...its no longer a person.

People make things more complicated than they need to be.

In my mind, the consequences should be related to raising children.

If you get cold feet messing with sex, you shouldn't be allowed to try again. Time to start taking the pill.

In events where Birth Control fails, to me that's slightly different. And being raped is obviously not the intention of the female to concept birth.

What I envision, where a new-couple breaks up, and the Wife terminates the pregnancy because of this, that should disallow parenting decisions in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join