It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro-life, and pro-choice, how about you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Now, don't misinterpret my title - I realize what "pro-life" has come to mean - And it's pretty much an antonym of itself, an oxymoron. The desire to control how others live their lives is becoming more and more threatening from all sides of the table - As a whole, our government, and many people have become "anti-life" - We actively vote against the ability of a person to make their own choices, against responsibility, accountability, but most important - against freedom.

Isn't it odd that the party that makes attempts to represent the life of a fetus, actively wages war on most other aspects of life after birth?

Isn't it odd that the party that desires things like safety nets, social programs and the like - things meant to benefit all of us - have allowed minorities and special rights groups to have far too much control, increase the size of the fed, and actually reduce freedom for all?

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not blaming individuals or any one person or group for their own opinions and ways of life, we all have our rights and we all have, or at least SHOULD have the right to live our lives the way we want to, yet the biggest threat to those ways of life are the very people that pretend they are advocating for those things we think we need to be represented in...

Let's stop this nonsense.

We need to rise up above our own opinions and stances and unite - The government has become too big, too overbearing, too bloated for us to keep going this path. Trump or Hillary? Doesn't matter. We need to cycle out every senator, congressman, and judge - The people that really have the power, the people that really control the nation we live in. ( See budgets, declarations of wars, over-rides, laws, healthcare, etc.. )

So how about it - Are you pro-life, too?

-Deadlyhope
edit on 9-10-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Trump or Hillary? Doesn't matter.

Actually if matters a whole lot when it pertains to abortion rights.

I think everyone is pro-life.

Just some circumstances such as rape, incest (technically the same thing) and life endangerment to the host rely on a second option and the best we have is to terminate the foetus(').

Maybe there are people out there who are pro-abortion.
Can't say I've met one though. Here or in "real life".

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Abortion is murder...period.

You can split all the hairs you need to in order to feel justified, but ultimately you lose the moral and ethical battle.

As soon as those cells start dividing, that IS LIFE. Sorry.

I personally don't give two sh# about what doctors and scientists claim.

Most abortions are carried out because of inconvenience. Yeah, you like to screw, but you don't use protection and then you become alarmed when you end up pregnant. Men and women alike are completely complicit on this issue.

A human has to die because you won't practice safe sex. It's selfish, destructive, and disgusting.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
We actively vote against the ability of a person to make their own choices, against responsibility, accountability, but most important - against freedom.

You're right. I'd like to go put a bullet in Dylan Roof's head, but some pesky lawmaker way back when says I'm not allowed to... damn freedom haters.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not my body, so it's none of my business.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Most abortions are carried out because of inconvenience.

I'm sure you have the statistics to back that up.

*Starts holding breath*

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

The abortion (divide and conquer) "debate" is misguided by design.

The VAST majority of abortions are simply birth control, quite a disgusting and shameful fact.

Therefore the focus HAS to be on avoiding the pregnancy.

If we can get human beings to take responsibility for their actions and avoid "unwanted" pregnancies, we can eliminate 97% of the "debate".

edit on 9-10-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think an unborn child is an individual and should have the same rights as any individual.

I know what the laws are now, (what they allow) so I can only hope that we'll evolve one day when the lives of the unborn are afforded the same rights as everyone else.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Just some circumstances such as rape, incest (technically the same thing) and life endangerment to the host rely on a second option and the best we have is to terminate the foetus(').

I like how you used desensitizing terminology in that statement such as "host" and "terminate" rather than "mother" and "kill".

link   
My opinion doesn't matter, neither does yours. It's solely a matter for the ones involved.

link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

VAST majority of abortion is simply birth control

97%

I'm sure you have a source to back that up.

*Continues to hold breath*

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's a touchy subject.

If someone is raped for example, to me that is the basis for having an abortion.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
posted 2x
edit on 9-10-2016 by Encryptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Watching people defend the 'pro-life' thing always makes me wonder who they think will raise the children? The homeless rape victim? lol.

Single Mothers from divorce already get a bad rap verses 'normal parents', I'm sure people that contemplate abortion on the side are obviously qualified to raise you individually.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I like how you used desensitizing terminology in that statement such as "host" and "terminate" rather than "mother" and "kill".

Termination is a bit more extreme than kill in my book.

The Terminator wasn't called "the killer", was it?

And I say host because I don't believe women who have abortions are mothers.
That takes giving birth & actually having a child to consider.

Desensitised lol.
You're a PC schmuck.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Did anyone even read the thread?

This isn't about the single topic of abortion.

This is about freedom of choice, freedom, rights, agency.

I'm against the fed meddling in our lives - Even if it's for a cause I personally care for.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Freedom, rights. Both specified in my post.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eh, I think once technology gets to the point where we could extract a fetus and raise it in a lab, there'd be less battles about pregnancy terminations - But that type of technology freaks me out.

As of now, it's a valid medical procedure, for medically valid reasons, various reasons.... And we do have the right to privacy. Not my business to ask why someone is having an operation performed on them. Not my business to legislate it. I'd question my wife if she got one and I didn't like the reasons- But that's because when we got married, we both agreed it was very important to us, a moral decision that doesn't belong in the government.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

Most abortions are carried out because of inconvenience.

*Starts holding breath*

Why Women Have Abortions

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems with either the mother or the child; and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (that is, the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

www.abortionno.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I used to be pro life, but I've come to realize the world is better off with less sons and daughters of abortionists in it. As sad as it may be, It's best to simply let these "women" kill their children so less DNA from those kind of people is roaming around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join