It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Journal reports “GOP Defunding Trump”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
At least that's the headline of this report (and I've seen it elsewhere as well)

WSJ: “GOP Defunding Trump”- Triggering Its Internal Civil War Next? Trump's base will turn and attack the Republican Party
October 9, 2016 by Marcus Greene

Next? Trump’s base will turn and attack the Republican Party

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus is redirecting funds away from nominee Donald Trump to down-ballot candidates. Unlike Clinton, Trump has failed to create any ground operations of his own, meaning that this is the end of any hope the Trump campaign has of winning the election.

I checked on the WSJ article, but it's hidden behind its usual paywall. However, The Hill (a reliable source) has a similar article.

The Op-ed above is more interested in discussing its projected implosion of the Republican party as the two groups (core Republicans and neocons) split away from each other (and hopefully form a third party.)

Now... the report from WSJ is interesting because there's no direct confirmation from the RNC itself. Their chief strategist (mentioned in The Hill article) apparently says it's "not true" but I recall seeing reports before that the RNC was concerned about where Trump was spending their money (IF he was spending it) and wanting to redirect it to their other candidates.

Also interesting was this quote that I'd seen elsewhere...

Earlier Saturday, Politico reported that the RNC directed a mailing vendor to hold off on all projects related to the RNC-Trump joint fund

And yet another report says his campaign is faltering and he needs tonight's debate to pull up the numbers.

But if the RNC has pulled his funding then all he's got left is news-for-advertising and he may find that this kind of money saving strategy will eat him alive.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The GOP for Hillary?

I'm shocked.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The GOP for Hillary?

I'm shocked.

No. The GOP is not for Hillary.
But it's an indication that they don't think Trump can win.

But they do want to protect other GOP candidates from Trump fallout.
That's what "down ballot" means.

edit on 10/9/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yup. And recent tweets from Trump show that he is calling on his followers to take republican politicians down with him.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

House and Senate are not at risk. A few seats perhaps, but not control.

I stand by the statement that establishment GOP would rather have Hillary than Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

House and Senate are not at risk. A few seats perhaps, but not control.

Democrats need 29 seats in the House for control.

Democrats need 5 seats in the Senate, out of 34 up for election.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The GOP for Hillary?

I'm shocked.

Two wings same bird!

If people can't see it now, I am afraid we are doomed as a country.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The report I read stated that the GOP may lose 3 seats in the senate, I forget the number for the House.

They may lose seats, but not control.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The WSJ has been strongly in the pocket of the same powers that are behind the Bush establishment wing of the Republican Party and the Clinton wing of the Democratic Party. I think Reince Preibus and the RNC thought that the Billy Bush audio would be the silver bullet to take down Donald Trump. Just as they were wrong about the outcome of the Iraq invasion -- "They will cheer us and hail us as heroes!" -- they appear to be wrong again. Each time they think they have hit upon the cure for Trump --and their friends in the DNC and the media bang the drum loudly-- a huge number of US American voters simply do not take the bait. They do not believe any of the establishment politicians anymore.

If the RNC does not engage in an about face, I expect that this means the end of the Republican Party as a major political party. It is a ripe time for the enterprising to form a new political party that assiduously avoids the false dichotomies presented by the controlled system represented by the One Party manifested as two political parties.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The report I read stated that the GOP may lose 3 seats in the senate, I forget the number for the House.

Before, or after p****gate?

The guys disavowing Trump should know their constituencies.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

And if the Republican party falls and a new Party ascends, that can only mean good things....as in the demise of the Democratic Party .....it is just as corrupt if not more so.

We need more real change and way less business as usual for We the People to survive.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Problem with that..........

That new party wont have time to make a diffrence this election.

Which means the USA needs to survive at least 4 years of Hillery.......

My worry is there wont be anything left but radioactice cockrouches after that first term.....
edit on 9-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Obviously they don't know us, try harder with the trolls man I've seen you do much better with it over the years!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The GOP for Hillary?

I'm shocked.

But it's an indication that they don't think Trump can win.

But they do want to protect other GOP candidates from Trump fallout.
That's what "down ballot" means.

And this is NOT what a leader does. A leader is supposed to unite and lead. If Trump has major political organizations distancing themselves from him, he's setting himself up as a complete failure in any political office he holds.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, I know. If the Repub party does collapse, it will take a couple years I would think.....who know it could align with a current party and strengthen....in time for the mid term elections!!!!!

I think may of us forget there was a time before these two parties.
And in spite of the two main parties keeping and and all third parties at bay, the Dems and Reps are not guaranteed to remain.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No different then the DNC that worked so hard behind the scenes to out Bernie and rain in their Queen . I guess its quite standard politics in the USA .

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, I guess one thing Trump has accomplished already is showing Washington is broken. Its pretty well proven now... the GOP pulling is a nod to Hillary... however inconspicuous. The GOP wants to keep the neocons in power. HiIllary is a Neocon is a lib pants suit.

Im ALL for a 3rd, 4th, 5th party. However.. it will forever devolve into the same old thing. Problem is the fed as a being unto itself is a monster... with a sword to any political hopefuls throat. Conform or die. Politically speaking.. or literally.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, I know. If the Repub party does collapse, it will take a couple years I would think.....who know it could align with a current party and strengthen....in time for the mid term elections!!!!!

I think may of us forget there was a time before these two parties.
And in spite of the two main parties keeping and and all third parties at bay, the Dems and Reps are not guaranteed to remain.

I think they are already positioning.

I believe the Republicans will co opt the libertarian party, which I believe they have already infiltrated just by Johnson taking on Weld (check Weld's backround) and the Democrats will go Green with Stein.

IMO, the widening of the gap and divide will just get wider until all hell breaks loose.....

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It takes money and a machine to form a political party. I don't expect the conservatives to be able to mount a viable offensive for at least 8 years. And by then the dembs will have coopted even moderate republicans to become even stronger. A true one party system. It will look like Mexico and the PRI....

You can thank Donald Trump for that....

It might help to gain real world perspective if you read something besides Drudge and listen to Rush.

Gee Dorthy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

edit on 9-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It takes money and a machine to form a political party. I don't expect the conservatives to be able to mount a viable offensive for at least 8 years. And by then the dembs will have coopted even moderate republicans to become even stronger. A true one party system. It will look like Mexico and the PRI....

You can thank Donald Trump for that....

It might help to gain real world perspective if you read something besides Drudge and listen to Rush.

Gee Dorthy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

I disagree
The rise of Trump in popularity indicates a much deeper problem in our country than youre indicating. Its not lack of real world perspective so much as a desperation of most people to pick "none of the above". I believe it is also why, reprobate or not, he still is a very viable opponent for Establishment Hillary. Its not lack of real world perspective.. its seeing too many decades of establishment game players and makers raping other countries, killing/murdering, destroying this country with as much wild abandon as they do others, and etc. I would never DREAM of supporting a human that has done what Hillary has done for 3 decades over a pervert sleaze. Im veeery careful of who and what I put on my life's resume, and I support neither idiots. I DO choose to condemn one over the other though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join