It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex: reproduction, fun, show of love....or what

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What do you think the purpose of sex is? Does it change with whom are you talking to or about?

Do you think sex is just for its evolutionary purpose? To be applied within mating pairs and keep the species alive?

Do you think sex is, for showing love between people? then, if sex is for showing love, what stipulations do you place in it?

If sex is just sex, if sex is just for fun, what limitations do you put on it?

do you think, the way people talk about sex is more or less important then how the engage in sex?

This brings me back to, does your own biases effect your option of the above?

Do Trump's conversations about sex, really offend you? Are you really saying society should have rules about how society talks about sex it what it likes regarding sex?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

If you have to ask what sex is.. you've never had it.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Depends on intent.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Would need to know the who what when why where. It's complicated.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How about all three and none of your business.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Sex can be all of those things...just depends on the relationship between the people who are participating in it.

Biologically speaking, sex is meant for continuity of the species. If it wasn't fun, people would never be driven to reproduce. But beyond that, it's purely situational, and different for everyone. I don't think it can be simplified...nor should it be, because human beings are not simple creatures.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
According to Donald it's for boasting about before, during and afterwards.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sex IS sex. Is sex is sex is sex. It's what we do for pleasure amongst other habits that can turn ugly real quick. Yes, meaning behind it depends on the intent beforehand. Really idk, I have sex with my husband and that's it.

Trump's sexual outbursts mean absolutely nothing me and have in no way changed my opinion on him.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Haha. That's most people though, right? Maybe most do it when they're younger but all know Donald never matured past the age of at least 19.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wish I knew.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
What do you think the purpose of sex is? Does it change with whom are you talking to or about?

Do you think sex is just for its evolutionary purpose? To be applied within mating pairs and keep the species alive?

Do you think sex is, for showing love between people? then, if sex is for showing love, what stipulations do you place in it?

do you think, the way people talk about sex is more or less important then how the engage in sex?

Do Trump's conversations about sex, really offend you? Are you really saying society should have rules about how society talks about sex it what it likes regarding sex?

Any and all of the above, or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How did this turn into an anti Donald Trump thread? Boredom... yeah that's obvious.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Since we as humans have a choice to define sex, it can be anything. Us having consciousness means that it isn't strictly for procreation anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The purpose of sex is to reproduce. Sometimes people do it for that. Sometimes people do it for pleasure. Sometimes people do it for love.

No, they don't offend me. He's a human being. Human beings find other human beings sexually attractive. He found a woman attractive and tried to hook up with her. We've all had thoughts or feelings in our minds at some point that we know other people would find incredibly inappropriate if spoken out loud. We all know it's true. What Trump said was immature, sure, but saying what he said doesn't make him a proven lying, murdering criminal, or indicate that he would be unable to lead a country. It just makes him a human being.
Hillary, on the other hand... Trump's comments pale in comparison to her actual evil.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Sex is politics of the body.
As in politics, the expressions therein of the vast buffet of individual psychology is almost endless in variety.

As for 'limitations', I have no limitations, 'life' is however my 'nature', at the moment, manifests.

edit on 10-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Sex, for me at least, is a method of becoming closer to a person with whom I am in love, and I would only consider going to bed with someone that I was already in love with. Its a big step, and a big deal to me. Even though this automatically means that I get less of it than I might like, I feel that I am better off living this way, as it leads to less heartbreak in total, than I would be exposed to otherwise.

I think it is fundamentally important for a gentleman to conduct himself in this way. However, I understand that my views are old fashioned, outmoded, and as far as I can tell, obsolete in this century.

As far as my views regarding Trump are concerned however, I am much more concerned by the direction I see him taking with regard to policy, than I am with his statements about women, which do, for the record, run entirely counter to my own attitudes toward women and sex generally. The reason his potential for poor policy concerns me more greatly than his attitudes toward potential sexual partners, and the fact that he sees anything that takes his fancy as such, is that while his sexual proclivities are his business, and the business of any woman unfortunate enough to be invaded by what I can only imagine is the most shriveled, misbegotten manhood ever witnessed by human eyes, the effects he may have on geopolitics should be the concern of everyone.

I also feel it wise to clarify, that my position on sex does not hold that people who disagree or live differently to the way I do are somehow lesser beings, or morally questionable. My choices are my own, and they simply reflect the fact that in my world, principles are more important than comforts, of the flesh or any other sort, and without being able to have those principles upheld, the comforts associated therewith are meaningless to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For me its for fun, because babies definitely don't get made where i put it.

top topics

join