It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Bill Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick relives brutal rapes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Remember when Clinton used to bite his lip in speeches? He also bites the lips of others.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Oh please let him bring it up.
Hillary's numbers went through the roof when people found out Bill cheated on her.

Please please let him bring it up.

Since it is Hillary who is running for President this time, not Bill (though I suppose, in reality, he would end up being something of a "co-president"), the relevant issue is how Hillary and her minions treated the women who were (allegedly) assaulted by Bill...and had the nerve to bring it to the public's attention.

In short, she demeaned, diminished and threatened them - and then in this election cycle had the nerve to publicaly state that all sexual assault claimants "deserve to be believed".

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Remember when Clinton used to bite his lip in speeches? He also bites the lips of others.

Yes, I do.

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Oh please let him bring it up.
Hillary's numbers went through the roof when people found out Bill cheated on her.

Please please let him bring it up.

Since it is Hillary who is running for President this time, not Bill (though I suppose, in reality, he would end up being something of a "co-president"), the relevant issue is how Hillary and her minions treated the women who were (allegedly) assaulted by Bill...and had the nerve to bring it to the public's attention.

In short, she demeaned, diminished and threatened them - and then in this election cycle had the nerve to publicaly state that all sexual assault claimants "deserve to be believed".

Thank you for bringing substance back into this thread!

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Is your argument that because Hillary defends her family and demands proof of allegations that she is therefore demeaning, diminishing and threatening women? Some of these ladies have reversed their comments, been shown to be not telling the truth, etc. Why isn't that fact ever brought up in these discussions?

I'm sorry, she doesn't have a right to protect her family? She doesn't have the right to determine the facts of accusations?

What she actually said was that "every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed and supported."

I happen to agree with her on that general point, do you disagree?

At the same time, those people who are accused of rape, sexual abuse, child abuse, still have the right to defend themselves, whereas you seem to be implying that when Clinton speaks about supporting survivors, somehow that means that no one ever gets to defend against accusations.

I think both are true. I think we can support victims of abuse while still allowing for those accused to mount a defense against accusation.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not to mention, why is it that right-wingers/Republcians, etc. are only interested in women's issues, rape, sexual and child abuse, when these are used in a political attack on the Clintons?

Why is it that the rest of the time, the consensus from the Republican corner seems to be that "rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it"? Or terms like "legitimate rape" are bandied about? (Clayton Williams, Todd Akin, etc.)

That would make the manufactured outrage in regard to the Clinton's seem a bit less like political pandering, don't you think?

EDIT: For example, here is the 2016 Republican Platform: link.

In it the word "woman" is used a total of 28 times, and the only interest in the majority of those statements is to oppose a woman's right to choose.

Pardon me if I find the Republican attacks on the Clintons based utterly in pure political theatre. And that's doubly disgusting in my book.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What she actually said was that "every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed and supported."

I happen to agree with her on that general point, do you disagree?

I agree that every alleged (an important word left out of Hillary's statement) survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard. I think that he or she deserves to be believed if the facts on balance support the allegations being made. Prosecutors can then bring charges against the alleged perpetrator based on the findings of the investigation.

I do not agree that sexual assault allegations should carry some kind of special weight on the scales of justice - such that the accused is put in the position of effectively being guilty until proven innocent...as would be the suggested case, if we are to automatically "hear, believe and support" all accusations of sexual misconduct.

Back to the point I was making in my previous post, though, Hillary is broadcasting a double-standard when she makes the statement you quoted above, as needing to apply in all cases...yet has a completely different attitude and approach to accusers, when sexual misconduct allegations are made against a family member.

This is quite typical, I will add, and indicative of her general attitudes - as it relates to the rules applying to the Clintons versus the rules applying to everybody else.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hillary is not "broadcasting a double-standard" to anyone who knows the difference between policy positions and personal life.

There is a difference you know. It is a policy position (and an admirable one which has no mirror in anything Republican) that all survivors (those that have been proven to be victims of sexual assault) should receive support.

However, what is being done here in the self-contradictory Republican/right-wing attack position on the Clintons, is that given that true statement of POLICY, the incidents of past accusations against Bill Clinton, as well as HIllary's defense against SPECIFIC cases of accusation against her husband and therefore her family are in some way questionable.

That makes sense only in the mind of a partisan. So to you, everyone has a right to defend themselves against accusations but the Clintons.

Sure, that seems reasonable.

/s

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why is it that the rest of the time, the consensus from the Republican corner seems to be that "rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it"? Or terms like "legitimate rape" are bandied about? (Clayton Williams, Todd Akin, etc.)

Really?

The Republican consensus is that "rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it?"

Wow, demonizing the other side of the political aisle seems to be reaching completely new heights.

I am going to hazard a guess here, that if you actually surveyed Republicans as to how many would agree with this statement, the needle would not get much (if at all) above 0%.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Did a Republican make that statement or not?

I provided the link to the 2016 GOP Platform. Show us the strong declarations about the rights of rape victims!

Show us the pages of support for women's and children's rights!

Show us anything that's not part of an ultra-conservative agenda that suggests that rape victims should be refused abortions.

If you can.

Then show us how that's supporting women's rights or the rights of abuse survivors.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hillary is not "broadcasting a double-standard" to anyone who knows the difference between policy positions and personal life.

There is a difference you know. It is a policy position (and an admirable one which has no mirror in anything Republican) that all survivors (those that have been proven to be victims of sexual assault) should receive support.

However, what is being done here in the self-contradictory Republican/right-wing attack position on the Clintons, is that given that true statement of POLICY, the incidents of past accusations against Bill Clinton, as well as HIllary's defense against SPECIFIC cases of accusation against her husband and therefore her family are in some way questionable.

That makes sense only in the mind of a partisan. So to you, everyone has a right to defend themselves against accusations but the Clintons.

Sure, that seems reasonable.

/s

There certainly is no doubt that partisanship is clouding or obscuring many of the the arguments being made in our interaction on this subject.

Perhaps we can at least agree that all accusations of sexual assault should be taken seriously, and that both parties to such allegations should be treated with respect, and should not be diminished or demeaned, until such a time as the legal process has played out, and a decision on the matter has been rendered.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I feel embarrassed for you just by reading your posts. Is this how you have conversations in real life? Wait for people to present logically sound arguments, throw out a one line zinger and then declare your position as the intellectual high ground? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
edit on 9-10-2016 by jonsoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I don't know...did a Republican say "rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it?", or did Gryphon66 just make it up?

If a Republican did actually say such an offensive thing, who was it...and at what point did they get enough support for it from the Republican Party at large, that it became the consensus position of the Party?
edit on 9-10-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

All accusations of sexual assault should be taken seriously. I find the actuality of sexual assault repulsive at all levels.

I'd love to see more support from the Republican party for the rights of women and children (actual children, not fetuses, which seems to be where Republicans draw the line of support).

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't know...did a Republican say "rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it?", or did Gryphon66 just make it up?

If a Republican did actually say such an offensive thing, who was it...and at what point did they get enough support for it from the Republican Party at large, that it became the consensus position of the Party?

Here you go ...

The Republican gubernatorial nominee apologized today for an off-the-cuff remark suggesting that some victims of rape should ''relax and enjoy it.'' The candidate, Clayton Williams, had initially played down the remark as being a joke.

Mr. Williams made the remark on Saturday while preparing for a cattle roundup at his West Texas ranch. He compared the cold, foggy weather spoiling the event to a rape, telling ranch hands, campaign workers and reporters around a campfire, ''If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.''

Texas Candidate's Comment About Rape Causes a Furor - New York Times

I'll take your apology now, in public or in private.

Further reading:

The Party Of Rape Culture: 40 Republican Rape Quotes We All Should Remember In November

Republlicans on Rape

Etc. etc.

That's the last off-topic comment I'll make in this regard.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

All accusations of sexual assault should be taken seriously. I find the actuality of sexual assault repulsive at all levels.

I'd love to see more support from the Republican party for the rights of women and children (actual children, not fetuses, which seems to be where Republicans draw the line of support).

It surely would be refreshing and constructive if Democrats and Republicans (and others) spent half as much time mining areas where we can have consensus and make positive progress - instead of bludgeoning each other (and getting nowhere) about the matters where there are clear and drastic differences.

In my experience, once common ground is found...and both sides feel some satisfaction in getting things done...it is easier to come together to tackle whatever the next challenge is (think of it as forming friendships versus making enemies).

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonsoup
I have a question. Why if people are so willing to believe the allegations of this woman, are also so eager to denounce allegations against Trump? Surely if you believe her story then you also believe Trump Raped a 13 yr old girl as well?

Well let's see bill has dozens of accusers of unwanted sexual advances or rape for the last 30 years, and he was caught in the whitehouse using a cigar on an intern. Then there is the records of bill flying on the convicted pedophile Epstein's plane the Lolita express 25 times.

On the other hand there is one lawsuit conviently filed in June of this year by an anonymous woman accusing trump of underage rape at an Epstein party after it is clear it he will be hillarys opponent, and may bring up bills Epstein connection. So I find that a suspicious accusation to say the least.

Not exactly equivalent evidence.
edit on 9-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It surely would be refreshing and constructive if Democrats and Republicans (and others) spent half as much time mining areas where we can have consensus and make positive progress - instead of bludgeoning each other (and getting nowhere) about the matters where there are clear and drastic differences.

In my experience, once common ground is found...and both sides feel some satisfaction in getting things done...it is easier to come together to tackle whatever the next challenge is (think of it as forming friendships versus making enemies).

I am certainly in favor of consensus! More than that, I'm in favor of us clashing on our ideologies, and then coming back together to actually achieve something for us all, and address many of the real dangers that face us today.

Repeated partisan attacks on individuals rather than on policy positions are not contributive to that effort, however.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Not exactly equivalent evidence.

Uh, yes it is. There is literally equal publicly available evidence.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'll take your apology now, in public or in private.

Thanks for the links...I was not aware of these (stupid) comments, which is why I asked the question.

Given that I am not a Republican...not even an American (though I lived there for a while)...I probably should not be apologizing on their behalf.

Probably safe to say that every group consisting of millions of people who self-identify as members or supporters of that group, will have people who make ill-advised statements...going all the way up to the top of both tickets this time around, I would say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join