It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech billionaires think we live in the Matrix and have asked scientists to get us out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Haven't they read the Good News? The Word's of Jesus are intended to liberate us from the confines of this mental matrix. The Truth will set you free.
edit on 27-10-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Haven't they read the Good News? The Word's of Jesus are intended to liberate us from the confines of this mental matrix. The Truth will set you free.

That's hysterically funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Which truth, again, though.....I'm afraid I've missed that memo about real truth, or Jesus, or something or other....LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Which truth, again, though.....I'm afraid I've missed that memo about real truth, or Jesus, or something or other....LOL

Truth would help your hysteria.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: tetra50

Truth would help your hysteria.

Oh, sorry, I see you were quite serious and not sarcastic, and I've offended, so you've gone and called me a "hysteric."
Well.....ok. I'm happy for you that you've got such a fine grasp of truth. Congratulations. However, you've misidentied my attendant human condition. It's hardly hysteric. But, shrug, believe what you will. I never intended to insult you.
tetra

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
i knew it!!!! we ARE the egg men!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think tech billionaire might be little bit too bored.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think it's pretty dangerous for Elon Musk to propose we live in a video game. Life is not a video game. We don't live in a magic castle with a lava moat with a talking dragon and princess we have to rescue.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have they made any progress??
I'm ready to be unplugged from this clown world.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Came to comment and realize I posted the same thing almost 5 years ago. If you want to get out follow Jesus's way. No one wants to give up all their possessions to afford heaven so rarely does anyone break out of the matrix. Mostly All of Jesus's parables are in reference to breaking free from the matrix into the kingdom of Heaven. Satan tries to lure you back in to the bitter end. The longer you don't sell out the higher the stakes.

We are like caterpillars meant to be born again into butterflies but we're too enthralled with our silly caterpillar lives to ever make the transition. This is a huge calling, and it's honestly ok if you settle to wait for the resurrection.
edit on 20-4-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
NECROBUMP...

The notion of living in a simulation is a bitter pill to swallow.

It means at the end of it, you're simply a program executing on your own, a piece of AI wandering about.

...and to break out of the simulation?

Lets consider a few things.

1. Why are we living in a simulation? And what's the purpose?

a. Is this a grand test to determine "what", "who" and "judge" us, based off the results?
b. Is the simulation of a current species or one that has been created, it's life predicted by simulations?

2. To escape a simulation?

a. Think about this, any plan to escape would mean anything simulated would also know "the plan" as well as whoever the "Architect" may be.

b. Would it matter if we escaped? First, we have to develop whether or not if we are indepedent simulated beings or are we a simulation of beings to determine data? Because if we're being simulated to determine purpose from our REAL selves, it would matter not what happens in this simulation, your real selves are alive.
However, if we're independent simulated beings from some ancient and long forgotten alien system, then perhaps breaking out of a simulated reality would mean introducing something smarter than the system can predict or determine, like a Super Computer or Warmind.

All in all?

Stop talking about 'real' and 'unreal.' All realities are programs executing laws. Subjectivity is all that matters.

We have to act as if we're in the real universe, not one simulated by super advance alien computers. Otherwise we might as well give up.

edit on 20-4-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join