It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You are completely ignoring the report from this independent journalist.

Independent journalist = not professionally qualified.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: elementalgrove

Dropping flyers you say?

That's propaganda.

Are these flyers wrapped around the barrel bombs that Assad has dropped on his own people?

Or do they come with the chlorine gas out President says is harmless ?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Independent journalist = not professionally qualified.

Are you saying you need to be affiliated with a particular MSM to be qualified?
Do you dismiss all independent journalists?
You do realize lot of journalists are freelance?

Why don't you tweet Vanessa Beeley and ask her what her journalistic qualifications are.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

What the lesson is I have taken away from wars post 911 ,but I suspect were always operating behind the scenes is this .War is a racket that a dark covert cabal uses as a enterprises .They have a good working knowledge of the dark side of humans and know how to exploit it ,arm it ,and move it . 15 years of war in Afghanistan and the Taliban today controls more then when the war began . There was a vid way back then that showed a UK/NATO transport helicopter transporting Taliban fighters .All these drown attacks we heard about on wedding families or hospitals claimed to be in error ,were imo part of the operation .

Iraq is another mess and Lybia seems to have had the same type pattern . In fact Lybia and the no fly zone was just a way of the west to bomb the crap out of the country's infrastructure and cause its total collapse . Syria being the latest country to fall into the list of countries to get hacked up got lucky as both Russia and Iran decided to make their stand there .

The propaganda in the western MSM is nuts . Not only the media but also the political rhetoric has the same stench of lies to it . Finally ,Yemen is in the news with the bombing of the funeral .The news has been quiet on that war ,well as quiet as they could be but that might not be a option anymore . I am thankful to RT for what they put out .In most cases they seem to be in the dark as much as us plebs and at times repeat the western MSM counter parts stories ,even using some of the same rhetoric .

But ,there is a MO to this war machine ,and it can be identified .Russia is owed a big thanks for that as they have brought to the attention of the world the hypocrisy of the west in all of this .They have exposed people like Kerry in this for what they are ."hypocrites"

I like many wish we knew what the long game was for the west ,but am quite sure that Russia/Syria/Iran/ and Chinas game is to avoid as much war as possible and try to survive . I think that they will ,and I think the west is in for the crash of its civilization as we know it . Too many black covert actors behind the scene for it not to .

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Are these flyers wrapped around the barrel bombs that Assad has dropped on his own people?

Why would Assad forces even use improvised weaponry like barrel bombs?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

Are you saying you need to be affiliated with a particular MSM to be qualified?

No... and not all journalists reporting for mainstream news sources are qualified either. The MSM relies on runners who often do not report accurately.

Do you dismiss all independent journalists?

No, only the ones who disseminate black propaganda.

You do realize lot of journalists are freelance?

Yes... I am, for one.

Why don't you tweet Vanessa Beeley and ask her what her journalistic qualifications are.

Why don't you look into where she's coming from:

Bio: Daughter of Sir Harold Beeley K.C.M.G C.B.E. Middle Eastern Advisor to Ernest Bevin and Special Envoy to Cairo during both Suez Crises.

[Edit. --DJW001]

I am a volunteer with the Global Campaign to Return to Palestine.
I am a regular contributor to 21st Century Wire.
Press TV
Greanville Post
The London Journal
Dissident Voice
Ron Paul Institute

en.gravatar.com...

"Independent" she is not.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What do you think her agenda is, and what do you consider to be black propaganda ?

I guess with her connection to `Global Campaign to Return to Palestine' she should be written off as being possibly anti state of Israel?

Would that also mean that the peace activists who went on the UN mission to Syria are also black propagandists, can you tell me what would be an acceptable source for you.

Also what is your position with the narrative on Syria coming from MSM and western administrations, do you believe that they are telling the truth?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Everything said about Syria in the West through official channels and reported in the corporate owned press has been wrong since the end of George W. Bush's last term in office. Obama's government has upped the propaganda, and it has been beyond bizarre to watch US Americans swallow all of the lies and deception about Syria. It is comforting though to see so many in the USA waking up to the propaganda on Syria and other subjects, but I fear all too few realise than the Democratic Party and the establishment wing of the Republican Party are the same thing and controlled by the same interests lurking in the shadows.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

What do you think her agenda is, and what do you consider to be black propaganda ?

I guess with her connection to `Global Campaign to Return to Palestine' she should be written off as being possibly anti state of Israel?

Her father was involved in Britain's greatest foreign policy blunder of the 20th century, the Suez fiasco. This seems to have convinced her that "the West" was responsible for all of the woes in the Muslim world. She is definitely anti-Israel, anti-American, and anti-British.

Would that also mean that the peace activists who went on the UN mission to Syria are also black propagandists, can you tell me what would be an acceptable source for you.

That would depend on whether they were peace activists or Assad apologists, wouldn't it? I do not trust any of the sources when it comes to a civil war like this one. Nevertheless, it is clear that this bloodshed could have been avoided if Assad stepped down four years ago.

Also what is your position with the narrative on Syria coming from MSM and western administrations, do you believe that they are telling the truth?

There is a bloody civil war going on, and Russia is backing their client. Russian media is controlled by the state, Iranian media is controlled by the state, Syrian media is controlled by the state. I am certain they can be trusted to present only what those governments want presented. All three have a track record of outright lies. The western media is not terribly reliable either, but it can be cross checked with Chinese media to get a more objective picture. Syria is bleeding because the region is dominated by strongmen who do not care about the suffering of their people.

For the record, the United States and its European allies should stay away from the situation altogether and let Putin take all the blame for the butchery.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just a vid report by Corbett who is a reporter who shows how the west makes its reports and usually avoids the real truth on the ground .

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thank you for your considered response, you have given me a lot to mull on, I will keep on looking through these murky waters. It's our own responsibility to keep on seeking what truth can be found.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

LOL THERE HASN'T BEEN AN MAIN STREAM WAR CORRESPONDENT FORWARD OF THE ARTILLERY LINE THAT HASNT BEEN EMBEDDED SINCE KOSOVO,now they all sit in 5 star hotels waiting for Pentagon briefings and videos which they simply parrot with their media shills people like this woman are about the only chance of getting at least half the truth these days.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

LOL THERE HASN'T BEEN AN MAIN STREAM WAR CORRESPONDENT FORWARD OF THE ARTILLERY LINE THAT HASNT BEEN EMBEDDED SINCE KOSOVO,now they all sit in 5 star hotels waiting for Pentagon briefings and videos which they simply parrot with their media shills people like this woman are about the only chance of getting at least half the truth these days.

This woman is an aristocrat who sits in a five star hotel channeling propaganda from anyone who hates her daddy and his country.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

methinks thou dost protest too much

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
For the record, the United States and its European allies should stay away from the situation altogether and let Putin take all the blame for the butchery.

Agreed.
Without western support for "rebels" like Harakat Hazm, Ansar al-Sharia or Al-Nusra the butchery would soon be over.

If I may ask... what western (or chinese) Media sources do you deem more credible than the people who used to live there themselves? And have you ever met people from Homs or Damaskus first hand?

*a link to a reliable chinese media source would be much appreciated. I'd really like to add one to my news-spectrum.
edit on 9-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Without western support for "rebels" like Harakat Hazm, Ansar al-Sharia or Al-Nusra the butchery would soon be over.

It is not "western" support keeping the conflict alive, it is the support of regional players like Saudi Arabia and Turkey.fortunately, they are both our allies and at war with each other.

If I may ask... what western (or chinese) Media sources do you deem more credible than the people who used to live there themselves? And have you ever met people from Homs or Damaskus first hand?

Unfortunately the United States has not allowed enough refugees in for me to have met one. The conflict has a large tribal aspect, making it difficult for the locals to be objective. China is not allied with Russia or the United States, and therefore can be more objective in its reporting. Despite rumors stoked by Russian sources, China has refused to get involved in the conflict on either side.

*a link to a reliable chinese media source would be much appreciated. I'd really like to add one to my news-spectrum.

Xinhua is state run, and can be relied on to present the official views of the government:

www.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Let's get at it, then. From This interview:

RT: The White Helmets claim to be a “neutral, impartial, humanitarian NGO". Is that really the case?

Vanessa Beeley: It’s impossible for that claim to be legitimate. Let’s take it first of all, “neutral”. They claim that they receive no funding from any governments that have a vested interest in the Syrian conflict.

Note the pun: the White Helmets claim to be neutral in the sense that they rescue anyone, whether anti- or pro- Assad. Beeley twists this to mean "not receiving aid from governments." Where do they claim they do not receive aid from foreign governments?

Then if we look at their claims to be neutral, they are embedded entirely in terrorist-held areas whether it is predominantly Al-Nusra front or ISIS or any of the various associated brigades of terrorists that take their command very much from Al-Nusra Front, that is where White Helmets are exclusively.

In other words, in areas where Syria Civil Defense cannot operate. That is where they are most needed.

There is massive video and photographic testimonial evidence from inside Syria to give evidence that they are running a terrorist support group.

The article provides this single video:

Note the abrupt cut. It does sound like they are disrespectful of loyalist dead, but this is not exactly a confession of terrorism.

They provide medical care for the terrorists,

They provide medical care for bombing victims; it's Beeley who considers the victim of Russo-Syrian air raids "terrorists.

they funnel equipment in from Turkey into the terrorist areas (…)

A bit vague, don't you think? Note she says "equipment," not weapons.

They’ve been filmed participating and facilitating an execution of a civilian in Aleppo.

No footage provided. Note that she is relying on film, not her own eyewitness reporting.

They post celebratory videos to their social media pages of the execution of civilian Arab soldiers.

[Emphasis mine. --DJW001] Which is it? Civilians or soldiers? At any rate, no specific example provided. Here's a link to their social media, see if you can find an example:

twitter.com...

From the testimony from the real Syria Civil Defense across Syria they have also been involved in the taking over of the real Syria Civil Defense units, the stealing of their equipment and the eventual massacres and kidnapping of real Syria Civil Defense crews.

Clearly, she believes this testimony but, again, she is reporting something she has not actually seen as fact. A qualified journalist would look for additional sources.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Thank you for the link.

Well, the groups I named are only viable because of U.S. support. And they are far from "moderate", according to their actions and their very own manifestos.

The media-propaganda-isation is a dilemma. I'd really recommend to talk to Syrians themselves.
The family I met were well educated people. Christian, middle class, moderates. So not your typical "anti-Americans", and they still said the western media is largely painting a wrong picture. I deemed them very trustworthy, because they had a pretty differentiated view on the intricated situation in their homeland - and because I could look them in the eyes.

Then again, you don't know me - or if I'm a so-called pro-russian Shill - so you can't believe me either, but I'm telling you: we're not the good guys over there.

Fact is, the Syrian people will one day testify about what went down in their country.
edit on 9-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Regarding your "Giant Meteor, just end it already" signature,

Meteors are not meteorites. Like meteorites, meteors are objects that enter Earth’s atmosphere from space. But meteors—which are typically pieces of comet dust no larger than a grain of rice—burn up before reaching the ground. As they vaporize, they leave behind the fiery trails sometimes called “shooting stars,” even though meteors are not really stars. The term “meteorite” refers only to those bodies that survive the trip through the atmosphere and reach Earth’s surface.

Meteors are not giant, and they are not going to end anything.

Get it "meteo rite" man.
edit on 9-10-2016 by PoetryInMotion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

She's not a journalist by any stretch of thr imagination. She has a blog and writes for a magazine that is pure propaganda called Cresent. This magazine is nothing but Irainian propaganda funded of course by them.This magazine is almost funny in its views it wants ti claim that all thr bad things we hear about isnt islamists but instaed is Israel. She started by visiting palistinians in gaza. Where she decided that Jews are evil and attempting to take over the world. She blamed of course Yemen and syria on them as well. She claims that Iran is just trying to help these poor people. Never mind they groups that vow to destroy Isreal. She goes to Syria and hosted by Assaad and of course he provides security and she only ever sees what he wants her to. She didn't visit any where Assad doesn't control and only who he said it was ok.

Here is a Syrian journalist that did go to the front lines and she has a lot to say about assad.

www.middleeastrising.com...
edit on 10/9/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join