It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING [UPDATE]: Two Police Officers Killed – Shooter “Wanted To Shoot Cops”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

.... one of the Officers killed today was two months from retirement - yes, working an overtime assignment.

A lot of cops and fireman will work tons of overtime their last year to pad their pensions.

Palm Springs PD doesn't pay squat, though. You'd have to work OT to survive, I think.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

How old are you?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Orionx2

How old are you?

Two cops dead and you are happy about it.... or what is your point?. I am 40.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That is enough.

I'm about ready to ask for moderator support if you people can't stay on topic and within the confines of what we actually know.

If you want to argue your ridiculous political agendas do it elsewhere.
edit on 9 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Hey VXN, long time no see. Terrible it has to be in such a sad thread.
Incredible to me.. the more I see this crap the more I wonder just where we went wrong or what could possibly be done to stop this. Bless that poor baby!
Have you heard anymore on this devil? Im not seeing anything but a constant rehash.

Same here. Tons of rehashing, no new information.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'd like to find a historical chart that shows if both Police killing civilians, and civilians killing police, have increased over the past 10 years, and by what proportion of one to the other.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm reasonably certain those numbers are out there.

I'm about to drive home so I don't have time to look it up right now. It would be interesting to see if there's an increase.

But since this whole crazy anti cop thing began I don't think there has been enough time or occurrences to make a determination right now. I'd wait another year and see if there's an uptick from historical figures.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What an ugly world we live in. Two officers have lost heir lives.
Making it three in the So. California area in less than a week.
And from the way it's reported in the media to this thread on ATS.
I can't believe the lack of humanity. I tell you all this is not what the
Creator had in mind. Very unwelcome news and as I see it. Human
beings have forgotten how to be human beings.

All my love to the slain and their families.

edit on Ram100916v46201600000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Or is it a reflection of the age of instant communications?

Combination of all the factors, including randyvs assertion that a society that places less than a premium on human life.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I suppose you're right. There's probably not enough recent data collected to compare the uptick we've seen in the past 12 months, or so.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

This is not the forum, but I believe that everything we see is what "The Creator" wants. The reasoning is over our heads, however.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Good points. Instant communication where anyone with a cell-phone can see what's being reported anywhere in the nation, certainly could make it seem as if violence between law enforcement and the public is on the rise.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I would disagree intensely. This is the world God has allowed us to create.
Not the world he made when he said " It is good".

And this thread is fine to consider our humanity. I would think?
edit on Ram100916v10201600000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

On that, I'd have to disagree.

What we've been given is a world to do with as we will, with no fetters. We've also been given free will.

The results of that can be astonishing beauty, but also horrific.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: SaturnFX

Of course you blame the lefties or blacks because conservatives never get violent, right?

...I gave it a 50/50. reread already. This could just as easily be a fringe right wing anti-government type as much as the blm..both are screaming to kill authority figures.

horseshoe

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Such a shame to see something like this happen, but lets face it if Police are going to shoot and murder civilians then at some point the favor was bound to be returned.

R.I.P to the officers involved but also to the numerous other people who have died at the hands of our so called officers of the law.

When will people realize that violence only begets more violence.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don't understand random attacks. Or burning down your own neighborhood.

I could at least sort of understand if there was a particular cop, or maybe the prosecutor that let them off, or the union mouthpiece that bribed the prosecutor to let them off, or his supervisor that covered it up, at least then there might be some sort of rational thought process involved. Not that it would be right, but at least you could sort of understand it.

But just attacking the first two cops you draw out of the bucket at random, meh. I don't get it.

As someone dissatisfied with police behavior, you'd get more mileage applying political pressure and lots of it. This just makes things worse.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
www.desertsun.com...

Seems like they caught the shooter. He's called John Felix and has a violent history.
Sorry I only have this newspaper article but it was the first one to show up when I tried to get more news on this.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

A suspect in the killing of two police officers was arrested early Sunday -- more than 12 hours after the fatal shooting during a domestic disturbance call in Palm Springs, California.

Hours later, the Riverside County Sheriff's Office took over the investigation. Deputy Armando Munoz, a spokesman for the agency, said investigators are trying to contact the suspect but they're not certain he's inside the building.
CNN affiliate KMIR reported that a robot on wheels rolled past a group of reporters toward the scene. A second, larger robot rolled out shortly thereafter, according to the station.
Early Sunday morning, the Riverside County Sheriff's Office tweeted that a suspect had been taken into their custody.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
More violent terrorist Democrat voters, incited by their media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join