It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING [UPDATE]: Two Police Officers Killed – Shooter “Wanted To Shoot Cops”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

So you´re being intentionally vague to hide the satisfaction you get out of your fetish using the words "progressive liberals" repeatly in different threads with no apparent reason but to troll, like you are doing now?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

So you´re being intentionally vague to hide the satisfaction you get out of your fetish using the words "progressive liberals" repeatly in different threads with no apparent reason but to troll, like you are doing now?

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Of course you blame the lefties or blacks because conservatives never get violent, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So many hearts are already hurting tonight. An infant lost her mama. And it's not over yet. I hope and pray they get him before he gets anyone else. Prayers up for the families and all involved.

Rest in peace, Officers.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I really wish you people would wait for all the facts before starting a fight over this.

Right now a young child has lost its mother to an evil man.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh no! Palm Springs is my backyard! This is terrible news. Condolences to the officers friends', colleagues and family!

At the same time that was happening, there were two cop cars and a van filled with county mental health counselors dealing with a domestic violence disturbance just 2 doors down from my house. Just another day for some, the last day for others!

So sad!

I thought you were from Florida.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There is a Palm Springs in Florida.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Yes, but the OP story says California.
Now I am not sure if my memory fails me as to where windword is from.
edit on b000000312016-10-08T21:25:04-05:0009America/ChicagoSat, 08 Oct 2016 21:25:04 -0500900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Politicizing this so soon, some of you?

Well done. You've been taught well.

Poor little baby lost his mother, 35 year veteran cop, her partner I'm assuming, lost his life.

No one knows much of anything, apparently. ...and, to be honest, it's none of our business to know, at this point. Later, maybe...for now, I hope, pray, that this can be stopped before anyone else gets hurt.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

With the exception of the shooter, I agree with you, the shooter can burn for all I care....

Also to the OP thank you for trying to keep this news related and not politically charged crap....

This a tradgedy and as such should be treated with respect and not turned into its the X fault...tired thank you again for trying to keep it straight...
edit on 8-10-2016 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nope. Not that it matters, but I moved to Riverside County from San Diego a few years ago, and before that I lived on Maui, in Hawaii, for several decades. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I lived through the Watts riots and our family had the pleasure of housing the National Guard during Martial Law.

edit on 8-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No really - it's clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Try doing some real research so you know what the words mean, and how to use them. It's called education. It's on the internet - and it's free. Try it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I really wish you people would wait for all the facts before starting a fight over this.

Right now a young child has lost its mother to an evil man.

Oh, but when a National Guard Military Police sharp-shooter is discovered to have very real PTSD it's okay to imply that's he's a laughable wuss and insult him?

*smh*

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Well I know I am right with posts like this. Continue to apologize for the criminals like a good progressive liberal....

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok maybe I missed something, but your comment really makes no sense.
All projectvxn was getting at is its hard to argue motives political leaning and all that crap people will make a big deal over until we actually have all the facts....

But once again maybe I missed something otherwise lets wait for all the information to come in and hope no other innocents a harmed by this wack job or the police in pursuit of him.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh, but when a National Guard Military Police sharp-shooter is discovered to have very real PTSD it's okay to imply that's he's a laughable wuss and insult him? *smh*

If you'd like to continue your poor-me-drama-queen BS please post in the other thread where it is appropriate.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey VXN, long time no see. Terrible it has to be in such a sad thread.
Incredible to me.. the more I see this crap the more I wonder just where we went wrong or what could possibly be done to stop this. Bless that poor baby!
Have you heard anymore on this devil? Im not seeing anything but a constant rehash.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just got this in my In Box. A little more info and a lot of emotion!

Today has been an especially tough day.
Fire Chief Scott Brown from (My City) Fire Department ·
I would like to share a couple of messages I sent out today:

A heartfelt message to our Fire Department and City:
I want all of us to take a moment to keep the men and women of the Palm Springs Police Department in our thoughts and prayers - they have suffered a tremendous loss of two brave officers - including an officer who was injured.
Our (My City) Police Officers are on scene assisting with this incident - please keep them in your prayers as this incident unfolds.
More information will be forthcoming - go the extra mile to help our brothers and sisters in Blue tonight, as they would for us.
Scott Brown

A message to Eric Buskirk of the Valley Chronicle

Subject: Palm Springs PD
Eric - I hope you reflect on what has happened today - one of the Officers killed today was two months from retirement - yes, working an overtime assignment. In your blind quest to destroy our Fire and Police personnel for doing what they are sworn to do - Serve! I would hope you say a prayer tonight. Thank God for their service.
Scott Brown, (My City) Fire Chief.

(Eric Buskin wrote several op-eds deriding an ordinance that would raise sale taxes to pay for police and fire overtime, among other things. The measure failed in the last election.)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

.... one of the Officers killed today was two months from retirement - yes, working an overtime assignment.

A lot of cops and fireman will work tons of overtime their last year to pad their pensions. They're gaming the system, and it's one reason cities keep having to raise taxes.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

.... one of the Officers killed today was two months from retirement - yes, working an overtime assignment.

A lot of cops and fireman will work tons of overtime their last year to pad their pensions. They're gaming the system, and it's one reason cities keep having to raise taxes.

They get paid jack squat in a job they have to deal with complete #bags all day and night. Heck, Id pad it too. They make less than I did on my FIRST job offer straight out of college and I wasnt getting shot at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join