It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nevada Judge Nullifies Law on Lap Dances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A Judge has ruled that a Las Vegas law that prohibiting strippers from fondling customers during lap dances is unconstitutional. District Court Judge Sally Loehrer called the law vague. The ruling affirms a lower court decision, and only applies within the Las Vegas city limits.

story.news.yahoo.com
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas law prohibiting strippers from fondling customers during lap dances is unconstitutionally vague, a judge ruled.

District Court Judge Sally Loehrer affirmed a lower court ruling that as many as five misdemeanor criminal cases filed against Las Vegas strippers should be dismissed.

Friday's ruling affects only dancers within city limits. The Clark County Commission in 2002 limited touching between strippers and patrons during private lap dances, specifically barring strippers from touching or sitting on the customer's genital area.

But the municipal code was not as specific, saying only that strippers and their patrons should not "fondle" or "caress" each other.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nevada and Alaska are kind of like last frontier type state. With prostitution still legal in parts of Nevada, its not surprising that this type of ruling would be made. As the defense attorney who argued the case pointed out, it is impossible to enforce and quite frankly, I would much rather have my police department doing other things than hanging out in a strip club looking for fondling.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How much money do you want to bet that some municipal employee comes up with the idea to do research at strip clubs, so they can rewrite the law to include an accurate definition of fondling? And while you don't want the police to spend time in the strip clubs looking for fondling and caresses, did anyone ask the policemen what they wanted?

Great story, thanks for the laugh

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
wouldn't that put some stains on his career?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm trying very hard to be serious about this story, but it's just not working for me. Can you imagine calling your wife... Honey, sorry, it's just that my boss has got this big project going and we all have to do our part. No, I'm not getting paid overtime, but he said we'd all get a bonus....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

I'm trying very hard to be serious about this story, but

Yeah...that's usually the way it here when anything concerning sex comes up...men have a problem with seriousness and the issue at hand with this subject...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i'd agree with you on that one LadyV. The only problem with that is I'm not a guy, just a girl with a strange sense of humour, who likes to look for the absurd in things.
It has been my experience that when it comes right down to it, women are bigger pigs about sex than men are. We just hide it from them better.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
It has been my experience that when it comes right down to it, women are bigger pigs about sex than men are. We just hide it from them better.

Oh man that's true - girls talk openly about much nastier things than guys do, the only difference is that men talk about it with women around. I've sat in on some girls nights. Whew........educational and entertaining.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I live in Nevada and I havn't heard anything about this. Maybe in a state where prostitution is legal, why does Nevada even have strip clubs?

new topics

top topics

join