It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druids practiced cannibalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A druid once told me;" What do you know about druids? I am part of a druid society, you know nothing "

One of the most important elements of religion is its functionality to feed a society. More to it a functioning calendar, almost like a farmers almanac..
Most of our mythology and history is just that little thing, feeding a society but with stories as reference points.. As humans we have basic needs, wishful fantasies cant solve real day to day problems... You can take any story you want or any ideal but if you cant cover the basics you cant have a society of any sort..

Recent evidence that Druids possibly committed cannibalism and ritual human sacrifice—perhaps on a massive scale

The Lindow man clearly shows the barbaric nature of Druids, instead of admitting failure in their practices they sacrifice humans.. And continue like before..

A calendar based on one of the five visible planets was part of the Indian heritage, the symbolic flower comes from 365 days / 8 years of observation. The Sumerian used cuneiform, and the Druids swapped the venus-flower to an Ash tree.. The druids arose from the Indian culture, based on the visible planets. But when the harvest failed, the only source of food you had was Humans.. And awful as it is.. People who lacks a divine knowledge turns anything pure, into poison..

Druids commited human sacrifice
Lindow Man - Wikipedia

edit on 2016108 by tikbalang because: Flower

edit on 2016108 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I had a few druids in World of Warcraft. What was your point again?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

To separate WoW from the real world

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes, and human sacrifice also. They were veritable savages apparently.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Isn't that the legend? On all souls day they came around to each house and knocked. The residents had to offer a 'trick' (put on a show), if the show wasn't good enough they had to give up a 'treat', a tender youngling for the feast. I think it was more livestock than human, but who knows how hungry they got sometimes.

Hunger is a powerful motivator.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

To separate WoW from the real world

Yea, not so sure.....

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Then you shouldnt play WoW

(post by Orionx2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Not sure who you are refering to, but if its me.. I posted facts, observational facts.. Not stories..

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You want to prove it otherwise? Go ahead the podium is all yours, im sure you cant prove anything except stories..

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You want to prove it otherwise? Go ahead the podium is all yours, im sure you cant prove anything except stories..
nor can you... Seriously...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The ash tree is known as the Venus of the woods, please continue.. Im stating facts, not stories.. Only thing you came with was, i dont believe.. I know i am right..

Thats the lovely thing about facts, its not fiction..

The ash tree, with its wide embracing form, especially as the Umbrella tree, played in the north part of Europe something of the same part that the bo-tree played in India: it was the Great Mother, eventually the Cosmic World-Ash Yggdrasil.

The Ash was seen as the feminine counterpart to the All-Father tree, the Oak: in these two trees, the oak and the ash, the concepts of the All-Father and the all-embracing World Mother, found the widest lodging. They are still found by many to be deeply symbolic and meaningful.

There have been archaeological Druid finds of Ash wands carved with spirals in Wales which provides evidence of the powers of the Ash, suggesting that it was revered and employed by the Druids.

Like i said before, the podium is yours American

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From your second link.

Mark Horton, an archaeologist at the University of Bristol, thinks the pile of bodies suggests savage resistance to the Romans, either on the battlefield or through deadly ritual.

"Maybe the whole thing is a gigantic sacrifice ... an appeasement to the gods in order that they will get ultimate victory against the Romans," Horton said.

The Alveston cave bones hint at something even more sinister—cannibalism.

A human thighbone in the cave had been broken open in exactly the same method people use to get at the nutritious bone marrow of nonhuman animals.

But if the bone is proof of Celtic cannibalism, the practice was probably extremely rare, Horton said. It may be evidence of increasing hunger and desperation as Roman invaders closed in, he added.

Nothing from the Lindow Man indicates anything other than either a sacrifice or murder. In the National Geographic article theories are put forth, but really they are just guessing.

Your thread title is misleading. No one knows for certain the Druids practiced cannibalism. In fact they are just guessing the Druids had anything to do with either archeological find. They didn't put forth anything close to proof, like sacrificial victims found at a Druidic settlement.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

The ash tree is known as the Venus of the woods, please continue.. Im stating facts, not stories.. Only thing you came with was, i dont believe.. I know i am right..

The ash tree, with its wide embracing form, especially as the Umbrella tree, played in the north part of Europe something of the same part that the bo-tree played in India: it was the Great Mother, eventually the Cosmic World-Ash Yggdrasil.

The Ash was seen as the feminine counterpart to the All-Father tree, the Oak: in these two trees, the oak and the ash, the concepts of the All-Father and the all-embracing World Mother, found the widest lodging. They are still found by many to be deeply symbolic and meaningful.

There have been archaeological Druid finds of Ash wands carved with spirals in Wales which provides evidence of the powers of the Ash, suggesting that it was revered and employed by the Druids.

Yea... not helping your cause/agenda...

Yeah, AMERICAN!!

**snicker**

Ok Druids.. Ive met a few modern wanna bes.. and read on what little things we know of the true druids by the archaeology and not the mythology of the modern texts... and Ive also read the "stories" the archaeologists have come u with when finding something "anomalous".. and I wouldnt make the statement that ALL druids were or are cannibals by one broken bone.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Yeah, AMERICAN!!

**snicker**

Ok Druids.. Ive met a few modern wanna bes.. and read on what little things we know of the true druids by the archaeology and not the mythology of the modern texts... and Ive also read the "stories" the archaeologists have come u with when finding something "anomalous".. and I wouldnt make the statement that ALL druids were or are cannibals by one broken bone.

The Bibal is a good read to.. How much Faith do you put in it?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Yeah, AMERICAN!!

**snicker**

The Bibal is a good read to.. How much Faith do you put in it?

I dont know really.. but could you imagine how economical and environmentally progressive ocean travel would be in whales??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join