It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Americans who TRULY want change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When you go to vote this November, your choice for president should be the last thing on your mind. 34 Senate seats and every Representative seat are up for election on November 8. There are numerous incumbent congresspeople who are counting on you being distracted enough by the Trump/Clinton fiasco to let them sneak by into reelection without much of a fight. And I haven't even gotten into Gubernatorial elections, city elections, countless political measures...

Please just remember that there will be countless state and local elections taking place and I implore you to place the vast majority of your focus on these if you are truly interested in change in this country. The president is little more than a spokesperson.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think of this often, and find it tough to decide on local government.

Not sure what label I have been issued, but more than anything I want to see the 2 parties abolished. So, my conflict occurs in the areas of having faith in lower level politicians as I view them as less swayed in their policy making decisions as high level politicians are. I like the ideals of a few candidates, but their party involvement causes a bit of hesitation. It's weird how a red or blue flag can sway ideals, and I mostly hope to avoid giving a vote and regretting it later.

How come there is not a choice that is: I do not support any of the options given? It would make my life a lot easier, and it would show to be needing attention if majority votes for 'none of the above.' Maybe even cause a re-vote?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you really want change, be that change, and don't participate in this charade. If you vote... no matter who you vote for, nothing will change; because the system is corrupt in its entirety. Nothing remains that is uncorrupted, so there is nothing left to correct, to latch onto, there are no vestiges of goodness in this foul configuration. Let it die, fall unto dust upon the trash heap of history and be blown away by winds of equity and love. PEACE.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

While every instinct says to turn, run, and not participate in the charades, I reflect on the fact that at the early stages of America that people gave their lives for the ability of future citizens to vote. Not voting, to me, is the least I can do since I have never had my life challenged over the existence or non existence of a law. I strive with every vote to move Americans towards a revolution to peacefully move politicians aside due to their failures. Time to start fresh...
edit on 8-10-2016 by ttobban because: incomplete sentence

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

While every instinct says to tun and not participate in the charades, I reflect on the fact that at the early stages of America that people gave their lives for the ability of future citizens to vote. Not voting, to me, is the least I can do since I have never had my life challenged over the existence or non existence of a law. I strive with every vote to move Americans towards a revolution to peacefully move politicians aside due to their failures. Time to start fresh...

I thank you for your comment and a star for you. I don't know what to say, apparently I was not clear.... you can't fix this. This isn't 1776, its 2016. "I reflect on the fact that at the early stages of America that people gave their lives for the ability of future citizens to vote." I fail to see your logic. I told you ,this thing is broke and there is no fixing it. So we hang on to this system of corruption for nostalgia ? With all due respect, please reconsider your position. In any event !

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I choose to vote because I see it as more of a civic duty than I see it as a leisure activity. Even though it may fall into the void of corruption, I still do as I wish with my freedom of voting. I also understand that it may be broke and not fixable as you repeated, and that you're afforded the freedom to not vote... it's pretty simple. I am not seeking to reconsider my position of voting here or sway another's.

Sorry OP for allowing myself to get dragged off topic... it will end here.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There IS an option for not supporting any of the options given- it's called not voting.

The problems are large and numerous, but one of them is that even if voting wasn't rigged, it would only take a single vote to be the majority.

I think we should suspend all government operation until we can get the majority of the voting population to agree on a set of candidates- I'd wager we've not had a potus, congressperson, or any head of department that more than 30% of the voting population could get behind in a hundred years.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

While every instinct says to turn, run, and not participate in the charades, I reflect on the fact that at the early stages of America that people gave their lives for the ability of future citizens to vote. Not voting, to me, is the least I can do since I have never had my life challenged over the existence or non existence of a law. I strive with every vote to move Americans towards a revolution to peacefully move politicians aside due to their failures. Time to start fresh...

It is important to vote. I have always been a believer in the 'lesser of two evils' voting but my conviction has changed over the last several years.

See that this strategy hadn't be of any use and with hearing Ms. Stein several times on the subject, I've come to believe that voting is a personal spiritual act. The only way I can be true to myself and authentically participate is to vote my true conscious.

By voting for the 'lesser of two evils' you vote - materially and spiritually - for the status quo and regardless of your political, economic and social beliefs.

I watched a documentary last night - "The White Hats" - about an organization that rescues people from bombed out buildings in Syria regardless of affiliation. These dedicated 'first responders' are just like you and me. Where they may out do me at least is in their willingness and understanding of sacrifice. I don't wish war on anyone - ever.

In Northern Ireland, the terror didn't stop until the UK stopped seeking revenge and began to talk and listen. The Troubles were soon eased and the killing stopped.

Jill Stein is the only candidate that is talking about peace.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Here is another quote to ponder:

Remember - It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it. ~ Eugene V. Debs

And if you don't know who Eugene Debs is - look it up.

new topics

top topics

join