It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am all out of this election now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
a reply to: jlafleur02

Or he could say once elected he will step aside in turn a vote for trump would be a vote for pence. Do you trust him that much though

That was an option I listed . . . he resigns.

And no, I don't trust any of them. They're all politicians.

Pete for Prez!

I would vote for pete.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't know about that. There's under 1% of likely voters that are undecided at this point, which means you're not going to get anyone to switch sides but there's still plenty of time and issues to make people just not care and choose not to vote.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
I just expect someone I am voting for to be better than me.

It would be nice, but that's not how the world works. At least you can hopefully flip it around and say you're better than the person you voted for. If enough people do that, we'll eventually elect better people.

Anyways, I have a whole long rant somewhere (that I'll spare you from) that the only problem with our system today is that we can't get the right candidates onto the ballots. It's a major issue in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
The democratic process is a long and frustrating system. I think it's been used so long that the only people who know and have the power to advance it won't. it works just like they want it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan
The democratic process is a long and frustrating system. I think it's been used so long that the only people who know and have the power to advance it won't. it works just like they want it.

I think it's an issue with the quality of candidates. Democracies biggest failure is that the average voter has an average level of understanding on each subject. In most cases the average is pretty low, between none, and some small amount brought up by the experts.

There's no actual way for experts to teach the electorate these issues though and inform them of their choice. It requires direct instruction, and even if it could be done... many people would prefer recreating to mandated study roughly equal to a semesters class on each issue before a vote.

Therefore, the electorate can't be trusted. This means we have to rely on the candidates themselves and trust that no matter which plans we end up with, that they're good plans. With the change in the political scene moving from debate to entertainment though, policy discussions have been lost and candidates aren't getting properly vetted platforms. It's all about having fun.

This directly leads to a failure in our candidates. I have little hope that 2020 will be any better or different.

Until DC stops being the other Hollywood nothing is going to change.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

Or he could say once elected he will step aside in turn a vote for trump would be a vote for pence. Do you trust him that much though

That was an option I listed . . . he resigns.

And no, I don't trust any of them. They're all politicians.

Pete for Prez!

I would vote for pete.

How about Pat Paulson?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I mean it almost makes the theory of Trump being a Clinton puppet from the start seem plausible

There's no way that Trump would agree to "take one for the team" by letting them portray him as womanizing and possible rapist. No way. His ego is too big for that.

No, this is more like Trump was tricked by the Clintons to run and "it'll be alright, you'll see, trust us".

The Clintons did what they always do, character assassination and actual, well you know.

Trump, that worthless maniacal imbecile and unfit for the White House weirdo, was totally set up and will now be thrown into the fire.

Remember "we came, he died and.." something something wicked laugh.

The end.
edit on 8-10-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am willing to bet, after thinking about this for awhile, that trump drops out. The entire political community - senators, congressmen, governors -, Are calling for him to drop out. If not publicaly then in private. If he proceeds and republicans lose a lot of races then they will blame him. He runs service industry operations i.e - hotels resorts etc. - He needs them. If they blackball him then he would lose so much business that he would go under. If he doesn't dropout then within a year he will be filing bankrupcy again. He isn't stupid and must see this. Just drop out for health reasons.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
He won't drop out. He will win. The good news is that Barbara Streisand is going to Canada if Trump wins. You can catch a ride with her if you want.
edit on 9-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I mean it almost makes the theory of Trump being a Clinton puppet from the start seem plausible

There's no way that Trump would agree to "take one for the team" by letting them portray him as womanizing and possible rapist. No way. His ego is too big for that.

What? Trump has always prided himself on being a sleazeball sexist playboy who can do whatever he wants with women.

His reputation has not changed one bit from this election.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What? Trump has always prided himself on being a sleazeball sexist playboy who can do whatever he wants with women.

So you want a person that brags about killing another foreign leader we were not at war with? Okay to kill vs locker room talk. You're saying locker room talk is worse than a serial killer enabler? Women and children killed, sexually abused and beheaded by the mercenaries hired by the US government to fight in Syria and Iran. You're saying lockerrom talk is worse than that!? Really? WOW.
Are you aware that Hillarys largest campaign contributors come from the Saudi elite that have a reprehensible record on women's rights and abuses! Women are way more unsafe under Hillary.

edit on 9-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
good job.

i was never in the election.

its all contrived.

all trash

. i love those people standing at the grovery store who say to me "mam are you registered to vote would you like to sign up?" and i reply to them "nope never voted a day in my life" the look on their face. its such a dumbfounded look. yet i look at them in the same way exact way.

its sad

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
good job.

i was never in the election.

its all contrived.

all trash

. i love those people standing at the grovery store who say to me "mam are you registered to vote would you like to sign up?" and i reply to them "nope never voted a day in my life" the look on their face. its such a dumbfounded look. yet i look at them in the same way exact way.

its sad

George Carlin used to do a comedy routine where he revealed he never voted for President because he thought it was rigged. I used to think that was pretty jaded, but now I think I can see where he was coming from.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

So you want a person that brags about killing another foreign leader we were not at war with? Okay to kill vs locker room talk. You're saying locker room talk is worse than a serial killer enabler? Women and children killed, sexually abused and beheaded by the mercenaries hired by the US government to fight in Syria and Iran. You're saying lockerrom talk is worse than that!? Really? WOW.
Are you aware that Hillarys largest campaign contributors come from the Saudi elite that have a reprehensible record on women's rights and abuses! Women are way more unsafe under Hillary.

WHAT?

I'm not voting for Hillary.

You know it is possible to not vote for either Trump or Hillary.

Geezus.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay, who then? Not Cooco for Cocoa Puffs Gary Johnson I hope.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
OK after 5 days I have changed my mind. I will vote trump. Don't care to hear the Hillary shill scum. take it somewhere else. The media is going to hand this election to her. When she gets us into a war and our young men die, They will be held accountable one way or the other. I personally have called cable company to have MSNBC and CNN removed from the guide. I don't watch much TV but when I do I click to those channel and am instantly bombarded with trump sucks rhetoric. Remember 911? It came in a way that no one suspected. The next chapter will happen the same way. Hope it goes well. These things never play out like anyone thinks they will way, to many variables.
edit on 14-10-2016 by jlafleur02 because: typo

edit on 14-10-2016 by jlafleur02 because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I see these people coming out of the woodwork conveniently just before voting accusing Trump. No evidence, no police reports...nothing. Stories that don't check out with other people in these settings at the time. Yup, I'm a lifelong Democrat voting Republican this time. The Democratic Party left me when they stole Bernies fair playing field. I have family in the military and I see Hillary as the worst warmonger that won't sacrifice her own, but is glad to underperform in war like she did in Benghazi and sacrifice other people.
#NeverHillary

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm voting Waldo.

Watch "Black Mirror" on Netflix, episode 3 to see what I mean.
edit on 22-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join