It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the cosmic phone rings...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asertus

I don't know if it's safe or not, but they'd enjoy the reading material on this site if they found it, prior to taking over the planet that is.

outernet.is...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JustBreatheAgain
a reply to: Encryptor

I knew you'd appreciate that, you have the same brilliant mind. I really can't say for sure what I said is the truth. None of us have been that far out to verify it. I do know that over time our understanding of the Universe expands with our instruments.

They use to think the fuzzy splotches were nebulae until they found out they were whole galaxies. Now we see both Hubble Deep fields, showing us Galaxies as far as the eye can see in every direction, who's to say the Universe isn't endless, timeless and full of life?

Glad to find other wondering minds to share with. To expanding our horizons...

edit on 9-10-2016 by intrptr because: added reply

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The phone analogy isn't really a good one. Why?

By cosmic phone, I guess most people would picture some sort of signal that was send by an alien civilisation. It's a one way signal. Picking up this signal and "listen" to it, isn't answering the phone.
Because in terms of a real phone you dail a number and you hear the beeping sound when you're calling somebody. And when the other person picks up the phone, the person calling knows that somebody picked up the phone. .

In the case of picking up an signal from an alien civilisation, that civilisation will not know if someone has picked up the signal.

They will only know when that other civilisation calls back.

So imho the correct analogy would be: "if the cosmic phone rings, don't call back"

new topics

<< 1   >>

join