It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Who here actually supports Hillary or Trump? How do we fix this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is the messiest presidential election ever (at least from what I was alive to witness).

We keep seeing thread after thread of bad news for both candidates, and 80% of the comments say "I bet the [Hillary]/[Trump] supporters are furious over this!!!". But are there really supporters for these candidates?

Sure, maybe you always vote for republicans, or left views or right views or you want a female president or you want someone whom has little political experience because just maybe they'll bring a change. But is there actually anyone who really supports either canidate simply because they agree and believe everything they say?

From what I can tell, that number is very low.

It seems to have come down to the subjective view on who is going to create less damage, or who is lesser evil.

So let's assume that most people who are voting are voting strictly because they have a right to vote and their canidate of choice could easily be replaced by someone whom they feel has better views and is more trustworthy. At least, that's what it seems to me. (Please feel free to provide evidence so we know the truth behind the votes as accurately as possible, I honestly want to know)

How can America (or any other country with only "lesser evil" canidate options) fix this?

To me, the only thing I can think of is a "none of the above" vote option.

select whom you'd like to be president:
[ ] Hillary
[ ] Donald
[X] None of the Above

And then two different candidates are provided. Obviously it would need to be done relatively early in the whole election so we don't end up just wasting a bunch of time and money. But at least people could have an option to veto the current mess.

Anyway, what do you all think? How could it be fixed?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Voting Trump.. only because Hillary will stack the deck with biased liberal judges.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Lol, proving my point so far

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I agree, we should always have a none of the above option. That would tell a bigger truth about what the people want rather than tactical voting to get the party you hate the most out of power.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Voting Trump.. only because Hillary will stack the deck with biased liberal judges.

And trump will do the same with Conservative Judges, so that's not good either don't you think?

The moderates would be the best selection - if any even exist anymore.

On Topic, there's nothing anybody can do about this. The parties have made made their choice, they are going to have to live with it, until the next cycle.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

You don't have a point?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

On Topic, there's nothing anybody can do about this. The parties have made made their choice, they are going to have to live with it, until the next cycle.

The voters won't change by the next election cycle. They'll keep believing one of the two parties is less evil than the other and vote like it's real.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It has been a bizarre one. I do support Hillary. But not with the exuberance I have supported prior people I have voted for. Not even close. But Trump is just too stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

His point is people don't really support their candidate but more rather they're against the opposition

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Not much to do as it would lead to mass revolts. The show has to go on. The last thing the elites want is the average gun owning male to take up arms.

The least deadly way is likely constitutional convention and even that is risky.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm definitely not voting for either of them. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to fix things before one of them takes office. I would like to remind people though, you don't vote directly for your candidate. The electoral college acts as an intermediary for you. If you live in a red state, or a blue state, your vote basically doesn't count. Third parties are an option.

Even voting 'purple' is an option. If you're in a red state and your not happy with Trump, it's pretty stupid to vote for him, even if you think Hillary is worse. If you're in a blue state and you don't like Clinton, same thing. Third party votes would send a better message. If you want your vote to carry more weight, you could even vote the opposite color of your state to make it more purple.

And think about the long term. A lot of people support and grow the lesser of two evils because 'this is the important one'. When you do that, it just makes the next election more 'important'. Voting the lesser evil won't save us, it just makes things worse in the long run.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: Ghost147

You don't have a point?

He has, a very good one, you clearly don't understand it though. You proved him right by showing you're supporting Trump because of something you don't want Clinton in for, not supporting Trump because you support any if his policies...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am not voting for Trump or Clinton. Not sure who I'll vote for because Stein, Johnson, and Castle just do not do it for me. I may skip it. Not voting at all is an option too. By voting, are you not giving consent to be ruled?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm voting for Hillary because I'd like to see "Obamacare" fixed, not trashed; Because I support reproductive rights, stem cell research and Planned Parenthood's work. I'd like to see police reform, not unchecked use of force and cronyism, not to mention the right's push toward police militarization. I'd like to see LGTB civil rights addressed instead of bigotry masquerading as religious rights.

I'm voting for Hillary because I think our military chiefs and generals do know what they're doing, and that Hillary has a respectable relationship with our military leaders and can best represent our diplomatic requirements. I'm voting for Hillary because she will represent the National Democratic Platform.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
None of the above is a terrible idea.
Even if half of American voters check the none of the above box, the other half will still pick one of the two losers running for office. We will still have a bad president but with fewer votes.
Nothing changed.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well that is a piss poor point. This election is entirely about damage control. Unfortunately the 3rd party candidates are morons. One doesn't know Alepo and the other is spray painting private property. If Clinton gets in she will elect judges that will ruin this country long after 8 years. People need to think damage control.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"Fix it?" Clean it with Fabreeze...(like the commercial says).

None of the Above is my choice. All is lost......

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It wouldn't be so bad if America was a smaller nation with no real political clout on the world stage. As it is, it is not only Americans who will suffer after the election. Other countries too have to bear the brunt of whatever foreign policy the USA pursues.
I recall a few years ago there was a call for 'none of the above' at a previous election here in the UK. It obviously was a non-starter. Politicians would never allow that, perhaps understandably as it would just lead to chaos and repeated election shenanigans.
Isn't it sad though, that the most powerful nation on Earth will elect as it's leader one of those two miscreants. I have seen no real change in policy direction from either.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ummm...I'm voting for Trudeau...cause...well just because...
See what I did there...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, that rather depends on whether people can even drag themselves out of the confinement of mind that is a two party choice for long enough to consider a third way. Even very smart people have trouble with this sometimes, unless they make a habit of never being confined by or confused by the dipole madness of the whole situation.

The real problem is that Americans have been so thoroughly propagandised, that they believe that Hillary Clinton is the leftist option. They appear to be so caught up in the flawed ideals behind their current system of government (no, not the government as the founding fathers thought of it, which was a noble and grand idea, but the moronic, over simplified, obfuscatory clusterbang that it is today), that they conflate "more left than the alternative" with "actually left". The two things are not the same thing at all, and if folk realised that you a person can be left wing, own a gun, be proud of their nation, and still hate the living bejesus out of the power weilded over them by its leadership enough to make positive differences to the way things are done, the lies that are told them by genocidal supremacists in their government and intelligence infrastructure being a prime example.

A more left wing government would have such oversight involved with it that the intelligence community could not FART without the people being aware of it and able to step in to defend their rights. But because the left are looked at by many as pariah because of the false notion that going any further left than Clinton is equal to Stalinist communism, that approachable, accountable, obedient government, the servant government rather than the masterful one, does not seem likely to come about. Whose fault is that?

Well, an awful lot of money is spent in an awful lot of places, to ensure this false view of the left wing is maintained, but ultimately it is the fault of the weak minded. Accepting any programming you did not give yourself is always an error, because it leaves you open to being controlled, to having your life used for ends you will never understand or even be able to grasp at the edges of. It may be time for America to throw off its programming, because if it's people remain as cussed and determined to hold to the right (including so called moderately left groups like the Democrats, who are in fact more right wing than would be healthy for the people of their country) as they have been, the result will always be less power for the individual, less oversight by the people of the structures which are erected to support them and protect them, and more extension of the corporate take over of their nation from under them.

That's how I see it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join