posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:04 PM
So, a conservative billionaire highjacks the small-government wing of the republican party to give Clinton the Presidency.
Suddenly it's 1992.
The diferences are:
1) H. Ross Perot ran a legitimate corporation that did computer stuff; not just slapping his initial on various buildings and products.
2) H. Ross Perot was polite
3) H. Ross Perot made originally sounded completely sane, which is why he almost had the lead in the Spring of 1992. Then he went crazy and claimed
that this security detail were recording his strategy sessions with his own people; that some of them were moles for clinton and bush, etc.
4) Perot always had lots of charts and graphs, and detailed explanations of the positive consequences of his policies.
1) Against globalism. Perot was against NAFTA, the treaty focused on letting Mexico be treated as a 51st state for commerce purposes. Trump is
2) Against the current President's middle East policy. Perot was a critic of Reagan's secret deal with Iran. Trump was originally critical of
Obama's "deal" with Iran. But he dropped it when it became hugely popular across party lines.
3) Painted by the clinton campaign as erratic and unfit for the presidency...
For Bonus points, calculate the similarities with the 1912 Election, in which Theodore Roosevelt peeled off the (progressive/liberal) minority of the
Republican party, and cost the GOP the white house; handing to the Progressive nominee of the Democrat Party, who had just beaten the conservative DEM
candidate for their party's nomination.