It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Shocking: Something Far Worse Trump Boasted About Openly, No Hot Mic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Was reading something on the fivethirtyeight blog that sums up why I think this thread is appropriate right now.

They are discussing what makes a political scandal particularly damaging and why this latest news is so "explosive" even though (imo) it's not particularly shocking anymore.

Nate Silver pointed out that the most potent scandals reinforce a “core negative perception about the candidate, particularly one that had henceforth been difficult to articulate” — but not a perception that’s already received so much coverage that “little further damage can be done.”

This is the thing - I don't think anyone is surprised at this point, but it really brings home the things we've all likely considered about Trump, but never held up to the light like this before.

When I first read about the rape accusations and his connections to Epstein, the cynic in me immediately acknowledged they could very well be true, but the implications were so insane it was hard to truly process and accept.

The second I heard him talk about "getting away with it when you're a star" changed everything. It was a kick in the face, holy sh*t moment that wiped a lot of naive innocence away. I went from looking at Trump as a dangerously stupid but amusing bozo to a downright sociopathic cretin. This isn't funny anymore.

Considering what Trump himself said about Epstein in 2002 - the pieces fit. That doesn't mean he's automatically guilty, but he needs to be investigated under intense scrutiny. If he can't be prosecuted criminally because of ridiculous statute of limitations then it falls on the civil courts, the media, and even those of us here on ATS to get to the bottom of this.

If Trump wants to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S. until "we can figure out what's going on" then it stands to reason he deserves no benefit of the doubt until this bombshell scandal is resolved.

This issue also has the potential to bring the Clintons down and who knows what other elitist pond scum are involved, so everybody who hasn't become completely brainwashed and deranged by the partisan mind control should be looking very closely at it.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

You're very right. The allegations are so shocking, and Trump is so high profile, that they are easily dismissed. Then again, that is a cognitive bias.

If true, then it would spell the end of him, of course, and he will go down in history as a child rapist. Then again, if untrue, the publicity alone would still ruin him. Unfortunately, the evidence is so slim, that more would have to be found in order to take it any seriously.

edit on 9-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join