It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia deploys Nuclear-Capable missiles to Enclave of Kaliningrad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

As can be seen from the map the move has placed the missiles right between Poland and Lithuania and has been met with alarm from neighbors in the region with Germany's foreign minister warning that tensions between Russia and the West were "more dangerous" today than during the Cold War.

Russia has said the deployment of its Iskander missile systems is part of an exercise but with a range of 440 miles Berlin is within their strike radius.
The move comes along with reported air violations over the airspace of Finland, Sweden, Estonia and Latvia.

Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania. The Iskander system has a range of up to 700km (440 miles) and could reach the German capital, Berlin.
Polish Defence Minister Antoni Macierewicz called Russia's activities "very alarming". And a US intelligence official told Reuters the move could be to express displeasure at Nato. Nato is boosting its eastern flank by deploying four battalions in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia next year.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the German foreign minister, said he was watching the collapsing relations between the West and Russia with dismay.
"It's a fallacy to think that this is like the Cold War. The current times are different and more dangerous,” Mr Steinmeier told the Bild newspaper.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
With everything that has been happening, I'm sitting on the fence now. I used to believe that Russia had no other intention other than to secure itself, but now it seems (at least to me), that Russia is taking a page from the USA and starting to strategically set their pieces in play. The end game? I don't have the foggiest notion. It's all guesswork and media driven fear. I wish I could be a fly on the wall...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good. They have every right to put whatever they feel necessary within their territory to deter NATO aggression.

They don't even need to give a reason. It's their country after all.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Since all the nato countries are our allies and want us there I suppose we should pine the border up with nukes. They're our allies, and we want to protect them after all.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

with a range of 440 miles Berlin is within their strike radius

I hope so, keeps the neocon morons in check.

73 percent of Germans have little or even no faith in parties, 61 percent are critical of the media

Reality stranger politicians

Nothing of this Cold War BS represents us people anymore.

The US wants to modernize nuclear bombs stationed in Europe in a way many experts call the equivalent of creating a new weapon. Critics believe the move violates pledges by President Obama he would not develop new nukes.

US To Turn Old Bombs Into All-Purpose Weapons

Liars, traitors and spineless scum. Blaim Vlad the Impaler, now!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Not to leave NA out of the equation "Russia has its permanent air base in Syria. Now it’s looking at Cuba and Vietnam" www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
With all the rhetoric against Russia over the last couple of years via the MSM, this does not come as a surprise.

No doubt NATO's response will be to boost military numbers in bordering countries or an expansion of its missile defence system.

This has all the Hallmarks of the beginning of a large conflict, but let us hope sensible heads prevail.
edit on 8/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrontRunner

Since all the nato countries are our allies and want us there I suppose we should pine the border up with nukes. They're our allies, and we want to protect them after all.

Are you sure about that? You might want to check with the locals.

You might not like the answer....

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
With everything that has been happening, I'm sitting on the fence now. I used to believe that Russia had no other intention other than to secure itself, but now it seems (at least to me), that Russia is taking a page from the USA and starting to strategically set their pieces in play. The end game? I don't have the foggiest notion. It's all guesswork and media driven fear. I wish I could be a fly on the wall...

Playing Devil's Advocate for Russia here. Just maybe, if you knew your enemy was coming to crush you sooner or later (probably sooner) who was bigger and stronger than you, you would want to get your defenses set in place as fast as possible. Faster than your enemy who is mobilizing to attack you. They feel an imminent threat from the USA right now, and to me, the threat they feel is valid. Now if we can just keep John Kerry's mouth shut so his brash ideas don't get us all blown up.
edit on 8/10/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Are you sure about that? You might want to check with the locals.

You might not like the answer....

and we all know that its up to the locals right? they don't count in the answer. yes, all NATO countries are allies. Ohanka was referring to the governments, don't confuse things with the locals Cola.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
With all the rhetoric against Russia over the last couple of years via the MSM, this does not come as a surprise.

No doubt NATO's response will be to boost military numbers in bordering countries or an expansion of its missile defence system.

This has all the Hallmarks of the beginning of a large conflict, but let us hope sensible heads prevail.

But when have we seen sensible heads truly prevail in this country? I know I haven't in the past 20 years, and I've been watching for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Since all the NATO countries are our allies and want us there I suppose we should pine the border up with nukes. They're our allies, and we want to protect them after all.

Well the US is building a missile defense system (or they already did, not sure how far they are) against missiles (nukes as well) in EU country's bordering Russia. Russia objected and the EU is stupid enough for allowing this (no surprise from Poland though).
Can't believe how stupid the EU is following US so blindly.

So it's rather a response from Russia since they feel threatened.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good. They have every right to put whatever they feel necessary within their territory to deter NATO aggression.

They don't even need to give a reason. It's their country after all.

Exactly

Russia has NATO/USA/EU/whatever creeping upto its borders, firstthey took its eatern European empire, fair doos it was just when the USSR felt that the west wouldn't try to exterminate it like it did in 1914 and again in 1941, then the USSR itself broke up through ethnic strife in the homeland, then we have now with western orchestrated coups happening in coloured revolutions all over the former USSR always controlled by USA eductaed politicians who return to their homelands to take over and work for Washington in a slowly slowly murdering of the Russian influence and the state itself. Russia is trying to defend itself by fighting back in eastern Ukraine and Syria, now nukes in old East Prussia, that's going to give the Huns a chill over in Berlin. If Ukraine is left alone then none of this is going to happen. Why cause WW3 over something that is dominated by Moscow over the years and is part of their back yard. Total madness.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think if I were Russian and looking at NATO, with all the domestic problems the West currently has which include mass influxes of third worlders straining budgets, corruption of politicians, major European banks on the brink, US domestic issues, debt piled on top of debt, failed adventures in the mideast, and a host of other problems, i'd rattle a few sabres to increase rhe strain. Russia doesn't have to defeat the west to improve it's geopolitical rank, only maintain its position and wait for that which is impossible to sustain to naturally fail.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Take a look at an exchange between Maria Zakharova, Russia's Foreign Affairs spokesperson when asked this question by a western journalist: "Why is Russia supporting Assad, who is killing civilians?"

If I am trusting the "translation to be accurate" , this woman sounds forceful and frustrated by western media's portrayal of what is happening in Syria..

Our MSM wouldn't lie to the American citizens, to help further the globalists' effort now would it?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

But when have we seen sensible heads truly prevail in this country? I know I haven't in the past 20 years, and I've been watching for it.

Regardless of what some might say, there are some sensible heads around. Unfortunately they don't appear to be at the helm currently.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

it seems (at least to me), that Russia is taking a page from the USA and starting to strategically set their pieces in play.

You can't play a game of chess if you don't move your pieces.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: superman2012

Playing Devil's Advocate for Russia here. Just maybe, if you knew your enemy was coming to crush you sooner or later (probably sooner) who was bigger and stronger than you, you would want to get your defenses set in place as fast as possible. Faster than your enemy who is mobilizing to attack you. They feel an imminent threat from the USA right now, and to me, the threat they feel is valid. Now if we can just keep John Kerry's mouth shut so his brash ideas don't get us all blown up.

I believe that is true. I wonder how the US government would feel if Russia started setting up bases in Canada and Mexico. I'm sure there would be an arms build up there too.

To what end though? What is the end game? A major war where millions die? That's what this is leading up to. Each side playing the "good guy" and "setting countries free" from oppression, just as long as it benefits them...

Hopefully this is just a big game of Monopoly and not Risk.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Russians are just moving their toys. They do it from time to time. Ignore tabloids' hysteria. Thank you.

BTW, since you're talking about a potential military operation and stuff, are European citizens ready to die for the interests of the Gang (controlled outside of continental Europe), especially after the latter flooded the EU with migrants and terrorists? Kidding aside, this is a damn serious question.
edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

probably not. Feminists who support the Globalist EU talk a big game but are generally weak, pathetic people.

Guaranteed to flee from topless Vlad personally leading his bear cavalry charge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join