It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Conservatives, Talk Me off the Ledge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

are you telling me that males objectify female bodies in deciding which female to approach?

say it aint so.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

weak deflection -they had surrendered -

Prior to Japan striking Pearl Harbour - the US had an oil embargo around Japan. You're making yourself look really ignorant now

In fact, I wrote my dissertation

So not only am I illiterate, but I'm supposed to buy your "appeal to authority" rubbish

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

are you telling me that males objectify female bodies in deciding which female to approach?

say it aint so.

Well, they used to, when I was a lad. I'm not sure what the current bunch of estrogen-ridden emasculated pyjama boys that pass for "young men" do these days. Probably drink hot chocolate and talk about getting health insurance, whilst complaining that Trump used some rude words and how they're mortally offended on behalf of all womankind. I don't think they understand the concept of "approaching women". Not without written permission and a tshirt with an ironic slogan about supporting feminism.

They should stop adding fluoride to the drinking water and try adding some testosterone instead.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My wife (an actual woman) read the above and laughed.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I see. So your main issue is that of poaching married women? I think the issue is overblown imo.
Why? Because women have their own agency. It sounds as though the wife has no agency, as she will just submit to any man who hits on her.
Married people have a duty to their partner and more importantly imo their children.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm in my mid 20's. I wouldnt put it all on the guys. Girls want different things. When I was at the top of my approaching game the more I dressed like a clown the better my results.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

your parents basement hurling insults at the greatest country which has ever existed..

BTW you have a fixation on the age of poster's? Parents basement?
I wish i knew then what I know now (we never had a basement).
Most houses in Aust are built of brick not timber and we don't need basements for heaters - hint - it doesn't snow in our Country)

Obviously my mention of nearing National Service conscription during 1969 whilst in school went over your head or you can't count?

If you go to any corner of this globe you will find an American organization performing charity work a 50-1 clip compare to all other countries combined… American Physicians have infected the globe with altruism

"Infected" - The same could be said of your CIA assets - working against friendly nations in the name of furthering US Corporations commercial advantage

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Oh boy - if you people think its as simple as commie/left/right (50's thinking) you obviously are inured to the fascist/corporate oligopoly that's been choking you through Washington

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would value the opinion of anyone on ATS over that of an ego-driven actor.

But that's only because I don't see actors as wells of deep thought and critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

They should stop adding fluoride to the drinking water and try adding some testosterone instead.

And man breasts as a result of hormone laden chicken and beef

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

agreed, but the gripping performance he gave in taxi-driver is what I find ironic now ( him spouting politics at the acceptance award)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow. When a person with Dick Cheney on their "moral" list can't come to grips with Trumps behavior it's saying something.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Not conservative (more middle of the road) so maybe you won't accept my thoughts on this but I find them pretty repulsive too. I don't drink, smoke, curse etc... I've got my moral guidelines and I stick to them pretty strongly.

Trumps actions here certainly don't make me like him more, but at the same time I'm not sure how fair it is to hold him to the same standards I hold myself. I certainly wouldn't appreciate things if it were Trumps moral standards he was trying to hold me to.

I guess I ideally view the President as a role model. Someone who practices clean, honest living, and shows that you can be a success in life by doing so but who doesn't demand that from everyone.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I'm in my mid 20's. I wouldnt put it all on the guys. Girls want different things. When I was at the top of my approaching game the more I dressed like a clown the better my results.

I know, but broad sweeping statements are much easier - and more fun - to write.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Some of my thoughts.

I'm disappointed by the things coming out about Trump, but not really surprised.
I grew up in a small town & when I moved to a large city, I found out life as I had known it,
was not 'real life'. Apparently I had lived a
very sheltered life. I wasn't naive though.

I just had always thought that most people were basically good & you could usually tell a person's true character just by carefully observing the small, supposedly insignificant things that they did.

I had a very rude awakening! And quickly went from being an optimist to a realist!
Guys who seemed like perfect gentlemen, morphed quickly when other people left the room! The supposedly best friends, of the guys
that I dated, coming on to me when my bf left the room! My girlfriends boss, people who came into my work place, it was disheartening!
I was fairly shy & not outgoing back then, which made it even harder for me!

I had to quickly learn how to deflect & snappy, funny comebacks...it was very stressful!
When I met my future hubby, a whole new scenario presented itself. Men weren't the only ones! Women were coming onto him! Even when we were out together! Was there no sisterhood?

I think the more dangerous people, are the ones who are very good at hiding their real 'faces'!
How many people have said later about serial killers/mass shooters, "He was quiet, kept to himself." Or, "I can't believe he could do something like this!" "He seemed like a regular guy."

At least with Trump, we know what we are getting! And I really believe he can save our economy!

JFK comes to mind. He was supposedly well thought of. Kept us out of a nuclear war. Did people's opinion of him change years later when 'things' started coming to light? Did his side 'hobbies' keep him from doing his job?

Mike Huckabee is the only candidate that I really liked. He seems to have a good character. But he is so soft spoken & polite, he wouldn't have stood a chance in Washington I'm afraid!

Then there's Hillary. I have always gotten a creepy feeling with her! From way back. But when she said after the Benghazi deaths, "What does it matter now?" That did it for me!
Not to mention all the collateral damage surrounding the Clintons. Meaning 'suicides'!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we can never really know everything about a candidate. They all wear faces. Heck, how well do we really know the people in our own lives? I'm less worried about an, in your face, this is how I am, take it or leave guy, than a sneaky, gets away with murder & felonies woman/family.

I read a very good article once on all the charitable things that Trump has done without any publicity. To me that says a lot!
I have never seen where Hillary has done anything except for herself!
Very telling if true!

Just my 2 Pence! Lol!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: DBCowboy

My conclusion? We now live in some snowflake universe where ribald talk is now considered worse than lying to congress or killing embassy staff in Benghazi.

Exactly. Destroying nations, free pass. Locker room banter, high crimes and treason.

Defending Child Rapists; free pass.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As an undecided voter and woman, I can understand your dilemma. I frustratingly watched the horrid video over and over and have determined that Trump was full of bluster showing off to the 'boys'. He was 60, and probably the eldest on the bus. In his younger days, yes, he was quite the playboy...psychologically he probably did need to still feel 'spunky'. That is Hollywood!

I did notice that he actually did not generate a bad image on the married woman. In fact, he actually made it clear she was married and loyal to her husband! Even with his debauchery on the bus with the 'boys' when he was in the presence of a woman. He just wanted to shake hands...Bush was the one to create an uncomfortable position for Trump to perform.

As awful as it is...watch it again...and watch Trumps facial and body reactions around the female. The immature Bush was the one who created an very awkward scene after the bus. Even 10 years ago, Trump seemed to wish he never said what he said to Bush on the bus!

I am still undecided...but am still leaning towards a Trump/Pence ticket. I voted for Obama last election, thinking the first 4 years wasn't so bad...then Obama went into full gear! Hillary scares me! She will take the current ball and run! Trump (a non-politician) will take 4 years to really get up to speed. I am looking at him as a stalemate and am hoping the parties will all pull their heads out of their asses and give me a real option to vote for in 2020!

Edit add: Btw: FYI: I voted for Kasich in the primary. Moderate conservative but true family values man. His problem, was that he must have seemed too establishment, lackluster and sane to be President. All and all, who you vote for in that booth is private. You don't have to tell anyone. Individual biases will always effect decision making...in years past...many presidents seemed more presidential...but they never had to survive 24/7 Internet and cellphone coverage! Times have changed due to technology...more is seen. Even with human faults, past presidents carried their responsibilities well.
edit on 10 8 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Voting for either is accepting the quality of candidate being offered. It ensures that in 2020 the options won't be any better.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Not to be a dick, though I am at times....

You dont know many billionaires and important people do you?

Did he rape anyone?

He acted like a rich person with a life of pleasure.

Do you think MOST if not all politicians and big business people arent Fu@#ing and acting like rock stars?

Its all a little naive.

You have NO IDEA what goes on behind closed doors.

Sex, death, drugs, and babylon.

So he is a horny rich guy....who the F cares. He is a chior boy compared to traditional power.

edit on 10 8 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
I read that link too. Don't buy it, too detailed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join