It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Security Flaw With The New iPhone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Apparently, even while the phone is locked you can use Siri to make a phone call, send a text message, post on facebook. But the moment you try to use Siri to access something like google maps it will ask for your PIN.

This means anybody who has possession of your phone can impersonate you, compromise your security, and bypass fundamental security features on the iPhone.

I'm about to go back to the old Nokia slide cell phone. I don't want my phone to have apps, google, or internet.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
www.liveleak.com...

Apparently, even while the phone is locked you can use Siri to make a phone call, send a text message, post on facebook. But the moment you try to use Siri to access something like google maps it will ask for your PIN.

This means anybody who has possession of your phone can impersonate you, compromise your security, and bypass fundamental security features on the iPhone.

I'm about to go back to the old Nokia slide cell phone. I don't want my phone to have apps, google, or internet.

S&f. Doesn't just effect them I have ip 5s with iOS 10.2 with fingerprint access can dial with Siri. But my ip 5se with the same iOS won't access Siri

Thanks for the heads up, I will disable Siri on 5s till fix.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006
I found on the 5s Siri on lock screen was enabled, I never enable that setting. I updated iOS on both my phones on the same day. Possible install changed some settings? Also noticed some text corruption in phone settings.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006
I will disable Siri on 5s till fix.

What is that? DISABLE the offending feature?

My god, when did they start giving up OPTIONS..

Good call man, next we might even have to deal with people asking us questions...

Oo

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Buy a samsung you noobs

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It's funny how I'm the idiot with a simple flip phone and the internet and texting disabled.

I survive quite well without all that crap, by the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry
Yeah got an s4 around here somewhere as a backup phone. They are much the same.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
It's funny how I'm the idiot with a simple flip phone and the internet and texting disabled.

I survive quite well without all that crap, by the way.

But.. How do you find out the latest celebrity gossip whilst on the go?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Everything is pretty much susceptible all the time. I'd love to act like security is an Apple problem, but it's not. Switching brands won't secure you. If someone wants to compromise you that badly, it will be so.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Bad news for the iSheeple.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
Buy a samsung you noobs

And have it explode in a big fireball of death? No thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So turn it off.

edit on 8-10-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have I phone, I never use SIRI despise that application and keep it disable, to think that Cortana is the same crap and standard in windows 10 and very hard to get rid of it.

I wonder why electronic devices manufactures think that we need to be babysit by their software.
edit on 8-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Don't worry, all the people around me are all up in arms about the Brangelina breakup so I'm getting my fill of gossip.

Please shoot me now. Even without a stupid phone I have to deal with the idiocy.

new topics

top topics

join