It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Collecting my thoughts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't be in a situation that makes you feel like you have to compromise so much of who your are. Sounds like you want freedom and some sort of adventure, challenges in life. If you don't follow what you want, it builds up, and the out come isn't good. You need to ask yourself, where is this going? Could it really last this way? Why am I not happy? Is it something I can change or cannot?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Oh that is sticky. Do you have any other relatives who might be able to help you with this; this is assuming you are able to drive and not on powerful meds which might affect your motor skills.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I'm not sure any of them would take me back now.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If you don't want to explain that and still need advice you can always pm me. Family is suppose to be your safest group, but I've seen some messed up relationships in my day, so I know it's not always ideal for people.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No need to pm :/

My mom blames me for a lot of the things wrong in her life and most of my family is toxic. My dad is just a deadbeat burnout type. She left him for another guy and theyre raising a 10 year old together, my half-sister. Who knows if I would even recognize my bedroom. I haven't communicated with them in like 3 years or something like that.
Plus I think they know embarrassing secrets about me which makes it extra awkward.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that. My mom did the same to me. My dad was a rock thank god. When I left home (young) I would never go back. Is your relationship with this person you live with nurturing and satisfying, or does it feel controlling and unsatisfying. If you have controlling and unsatisfying get on a housing list and make some friends/new roommate perhaps.

If you are happy otherwise, maybe in time you could persuade this person to get you driving lessons.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm deluded with the false security of having everything provided for me, "It's all I know". Like i'm stuck in a hole in the ground, but i'm provided with a nice bed and comfortable living conditions, But the prospect of climbing out of this hole seems daunting. The irony is that I feel like I need to rely on another person in order to become self-reliant. Right now, if I were a little bird getting pushed out of my nest, I probably wouldn't make it.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You need some friends or one true one. I know it's hard if your isolated. Libraries, groups, clubs, try to think up different solutions. Do you have public transportation.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yeah, there's Hampton Roads Transit, the local bus service. They're only like 3.50 per ride, or you buy a month pass for around $30.00. I know, I spend a lot of time contemplating this, trying to figure out solutions. Plus, the people I thought were my friends don't really seem to be.
EDIT:I'm really not trying to be pessimistic, but rather I'm just telling it as it is.

edit on 9-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I get it, just don't give up. You'll find your people eventually

edit on 9-10-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join