It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This whole damned thing is an infuriating charade.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hey republicans I blame you for this #. Ya'll had a chance at putting an actual conservative in office with real constitutional principles and a record to prove it in Rand Paul. But you chose Donald Trump. Now the GOP is considering dumping him and replacing Trump with someone else. Way to hand the election over to a god damned criminal.

Bunch of damned idiots. This party deserves to be destroyed.

This election year the Democrats are running a criminal, the Republicans are running a dumbass who can't keep his damned mouth shut, and the Libertarian Party is running a pair of dimwits who barely know where they are between bong hits.

What the hell are we doing America?

This is an episode of South Park not a god damned election!
edit on 7 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm so unbelievably pissed off right now I don't even know where to start. This is first #ing year I've been legally able to vote and I don't want to.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

This whole damned thing is an charade.

There ya go.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Dan00 because: what's up with the bbc

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

I'm almost at the point of tears I'm so pissed off.

I thought maybe I could give Trump a chance. Maybe he wouldn't be so bad.

Boy was I an effing idiot.

These two parties have utterly destroyed what it means to have a democracy.

They are ruining America and destroying our liberty...And for what? So a few of these pricks can get rich?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No. It's a long standing plan spanning many years, and it's why we still rule.

It's okay. I promise.

Just go about striving.

edit on 8-10-2016 by Dan00 because: You're awesome.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Politics is theatre, friend, enjoy the show!

We can start criticising the leaders when they get there, and when we have the evidence, but until then grab a seat. This is a good thing for republicans and conservatives. At the very least, they finally have grow some thicker skin and to get to work.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Here's my real problem:

POTUS is supposed to not just administer the federal government and enforce the laws, but to stand as the figurehead of our nation for 4 to 8 years. I have a little girl at home who I want growing up respecting men and being respected by men.

We can chalk it up to locker room banter or what have you, but at the end of the day that disgusting example of Donald Trump is out there now. It's part of who he is out in the open. This is NOT what I want to see as far as attitude towards women goes. It was so bad that his own running mate was taken aback by what he saw and heard, not to mention the feelings expressed by Pence's wife.

Donald Trump disgusts me. So does Clinton. Gary Johnson and Bill Weld depress me with their stupidity...I just don't know where to go anymore.

Maybe I'll vote for that cat McCubbins was it? Yeah, I'll write in the cat.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I agree. It may be a poor consolation prize but for the next 4 years we can laugh at all the Hillary supporters as they try to weasel out of responsibility for voting in the she-beast.

With her at the helm, the democrat party will die just as the republican party is dying.

Sadly, the globalist agenda will be in charge and America will cease to exist after she gets in, but we had a good run.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This is first #ing year I've been legally able to vote and I don't want to.

Then don't.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to participate and be responsible for putting either a) a corrupt lying criminal or b) a corrupt lying misogynist criminal into office ?

Or better yet, walk into the voting booth and write-in the name Limberbutt McCubbins as your choice.

And yes, the cat is a legit candidate.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There you go folks, people actually tried to warn the retards on how much of a failure Donald Trump would be and today you paid for it bigly.

Get used to saying madam president.

Imbeciles.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not worth it
edit on 8 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

When my youngest son voted for the first time, it was announced, "First time voter," and a bell rang and people in the election hall paused and clapped. The registrar mumbled, "I bet that's the last time we see him." Four years later he drove three hours back to his college town to vote because he had forgotten to change his registration address after graduating. That was in 2012. Today, he is no less civic-minded, just disgusted, dismayed, and perhaps like you, infuriated.

My state's April primary offered three candidates.
~Thirty-four states had only four candidates on the ballot.
~Nine states were left with only one candidate on the ballot.
Cross reference United States presidential election, 2016 and 2016 Primary Schedule

Perhaps our primary system needs re-balanced. We have low-population states getting first crack at what, in the earliest weeks, is nothing but a popularity contest. Later, it is all about the big money, soft money, dirty money. Would a 45-day primary season better serve the voters? Would a shorter primary season lessen the impact money has on campaigns? Wouldn't that throw a spanner in the works?

Years ago candidates published lengthy policy positions. Today, we get 30-60 second videos, indignant Tweets, and outlandish blogs that are downright garbage, yet cited as "news." Who can feel the heartbeat of a candidate's position based on a brief video or a Tweet? I want to read 3-4 page policy statements on different issues, make margin notes and conduct research. I want to watch a contemplative debate that doesn't devolve into verbal fisticuffs.

I'm voting, but it will be a write-in. People blabber that I'm wasting my vote. Nah. I'll be anonymously recording personal integrity. That's what I've tried to impart on my children, projectvxn. Integrity.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

POTUS is supposed to not just administer the federal government and enforce the laws, but to stand as the figurehead of our nation for 4 to 8 years. I have a little girl at home who I want growing up respecting men and being respected by men.

It's not in the POTUS job description to teach your child anything. That's your job. Get to it.

An election is not a football game. There are over 100 candidates from which to choose. You'll not find a perfect man or woman among them. If you can't find a candidate to vote FOR among the 120+ people running for office, it might be that your standards are just too strange for normal life. The media has convinced you with the sports angle, that you're rooting for one team and against another. Don't buy it. There are actually choices.

Mine happens to be Gary Johnson because of his record in office and his personal success in life. And no sleaze, no criminal investigations. Take some time to actually study the candidates running instead of listening to the talking heads on the brain-mush machines.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I found peace in this rant. But the Clinton's got a Ross Perot in (and dumb citizens).

I love both Pauls, I would have even taken Bernie. I know some people thought he sold out, but half of those who believe that (more believe it privately) would still say it got rigged against him (maybe threats).

This whole thing is a joke. And it's sad ATS is a Facebook like political battleground with the normal circle jerk political banter with the end game of us normal folk being screwed.

Past two administrations sought the same direction, bask in it conservatives and liberals. Here we are.

Pretend you have some better understanding than anyone else as you ride the same ideological high horse as the opposite of your "thinking".

The agenda is still alive and well with no threat from free thinking citizens as they still are owned by two outdated forms of "thought".
edit on 8-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

This campaign has been painful to watch,The debate was like watching a session of marriage counseling.

It's time for some young blood. We don't need these fossils and their old ways anymore, we need fresh faces and fresh ideas. Canada is a prime example.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Hey republicans I blame you for this #. Ya'll had a chance at putting an actual conservative in office with real constitutional principles and a record to prove it in Rand Paul. But you chose Donald Trump. Now the GOP is considering dumping him and replacing Trump with someone else. Way to hand the election over to a god damned criminal.

Bunch of damned idiots. This party deserves to be destroyed.

This election year the Democrats are running a criminal, the Republicans are running a dumbass who can't keep his damned mouth shut, and the Libertarian Party is running a pair of dimwits who barely know where they are between bong hits.

What the hell are we doing America?

This is an episode of South Park not a god damned election!

I find it incredible that out of 350 million people, These two are the only 2 who might be elected. You should all be ashamed of yourselves Americans.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

This is first #ing year I've been legally able to vote and I don't want to.

Then don't.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to participate and be responsible for putting either a) a corrupt lying criminal or b) a corrupt lying misogynist criminal into office ?

Or better yet, walk into the voting booth and write-in the name Limberbutt McCubbins as your choice.

And yes, the cat is a legit candidate.

Bingo. If i was american, i would not vote. Both candidates are awful. Hilary less so then trump. but i still wouldnt vote for her

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What am I supposed to do?

I cannot vote for Hillary. She is a treasonous pig and she might be dying to boot. If we put her in there, there is no telling who is actually running things and that doesn't actually make it any better.

I didn't want Trump and didn't vote for him, but he's the only one with any chance of beating Hillary.

So what do I do? To not vote might as well be voting for Hillary.

I'm infuriated with the Republican party and have been for several election cycles. Lose to Obama in 2008 and don't even try to fight anything so we end up saddled with Porkulus and Obamacare. Their excuse was valid - we're the extreme minority. We need the House to do anything. At the midterms, they get the House with overwhelming majority. They STILL don't do much of anything to block the agenda. They then nominate milquetoast Romney who runs an ineffective campaign and refuses to do anything to fight back in 2012, but get wider margins in the House and gain in the Senate. STILL don't fight the agenda; the excuse - We can't without the Senate. The get the Senate at the midterms. Still don't fight anything.

They have actually overridden 1 ... ONE ... Obama veto. And that may be all they've forced him to veto come to think of it.

The public can, I think, be excused for thinking they don't actually mind what Obama has been doing and not trust them.

And what do they do at the primary? The throw all their eggs in behind Jeb! Bush ... another Bush! They do their best to freakin' anoint their own "chosen one." And given the behavior of the Bush family where the Clinton run has been concerned ... I don't care who is running for the Reps ... can you honestly that Jeb! would have been a real choice against Hillary or running a much better campaign?

I can't. The only difference is that he'd be more PC, but all the Bush family scandals would be coming out in the press now.
edit on 8-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Please, US electorate, do what any sensible person would do, given the either/or choice.

DON'T VOTE

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's as if PR and social media have started to define popular politics. Parties are looking for people who have media presence and then assuming the public will prefer 'celebrity' politicians over 'substance' politicians. They're clearly out of touch with the normal distribution of people's preferences or they wouldn't have fielded candidates who are reviled by most on all sides.

It'd be awesome if they learned from their grievous misjudgements and began searching for someone in their forties or fifties who holds genuine values. Someone who can be gracious, intellectual and as non-divisive as is reasonable.

Instead, I'm already expecting them to roll out a *feature* politician. Tougher than tough! Mixed race. LGBT. Ex-Police Chief. Military Hero. Single Mom. Do you know what I mean? They have to have *brand* and a *story.*

It's about time they fielded a balanced adult and treated their voters as adults too. Despite all the crowing about Trump and Clinton, I honestly believe the majority of voters want a normal person who can be trusted.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join