It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official - Paul Ryan "Sickened" Says Trump Won't Be Appearing Tomorrow In Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The end is nigh? Paul Ryan it appears has disinvited Trump from the Wisconsin GOP rally on Saturday.

Paul Ryan, 'sickened' by comments, says Trump won't attend Wisconsin event

The one-sentence response from the head of Trump's Republican Party was devastating.

House Speaker Paul Ryan said he's "sickened" by Trump's lewd comments and called on him to show respect for women.

In a statement late Friday, Ryan said Trump will no longer be attending an annual fall festival in Wisconsin. The all-GOP event in Ryan's home state had been planned with Trump, Ryan, Gov. Scott Walker and the head of the Republican Party, Reince Priebus.

Ryan, who has had a rocky relationship with Trump, said women are to be championed and revered. He added that he hopes Trump will treat the fallout with the seriousness it deserves.

"No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever," said Priebus, who had stood by Trump through his past provocative comments.

Trump's running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, was "beside himself" and his wife was furious, according to a person familiar with their thinking. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity, because they were not authorized to share the private discussion.

In public, Pence ignored questions shouted by reporters in Rossford, Ohio, where he was campaigning with his daughter.

Just when it was looking like they could be besties after all! Take heart confusables! The Russians threw you a bone to chew on via WikiLeaks with the Podesta "leaks" so there's that! Maybe you can find something damning to inject to this race to the bottom. As it is, your candidate has blood coming out of his eyes, out of his ... everywhere!

EDIT:

Here's the Paul Ryan statement:

Ryan 'sickened' by Trump, joint appearance scrapped

The speaker did not, however, comment on whether he still supports Trump for the presidency. He was reacting to audio and video showing Trump saying he could kiss and grab a woman's genitals with impunity because he is famous.

Hours after the footage posted on The Washington Post, Ryan's office said, "I am sickened by what I heard today."

"Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified," Ryan continued in a statement. "I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests. In the meantime, he is no longer attending tomorrow’s event in Wisconsin.”

edit on 2016-10-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I really don't care about what Trump said.

And,why should Trump even want to go to a party hosted by a traitor like paul ryan?

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

Is that you Donald? Are you too embarassed for Twitter so you've taken to ATS to covertly defend yourself?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Thank you-I take that as a compliment.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wonder how they feel about open borders in Wisconsin ?

This is not a morality contest.

It wasn't smart, but it's more fabricated outrage.

It was 11 years ago.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

ryan seems like his job is to just sit there and make weird "stoic" faces for photo ops.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

After the Media Moves on from this Story in about 3 days , Paul Ryan will be back on the Trump Train . You can Bank on it .

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Paul Ryan is too holy even for himself. When he enters a room light breaks forth from his own glory and righteousness that he cannot behold the face or company of sinners. What sickens me is Paul Ryan's self- righteousness and pride. Does he really think that he's better than Donald trump?

As for Donald Trump. It only proves he's a man and has a strong attraction to women. If women don't like knowing what men say about them in private they shouldn't dress mostly naked with everything hanging out and then pretend to be upset when men notice. The election is not about Trump's foul mouth towards beautiful women, it's about national security, immigration control, lower taxes, and Supreme Court Justices. And preventing Hillary and her crime syndicate from taking total power of the United States of America.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

See a doctor, take a valium, your obsession is unhealthy!

OR you don't have an obsession at all but drawing a paycheck?

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

"Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified,"-one of the most bigoted things a man can say.

That women should be singled out and objectified by treating them differently.

Such extreme sexism should put paul ryan him on a bigot watchlist.

I am sickened-and must find a place outside to vomit.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

I agree.

I bet that a paul ryan "party" would be about as fun as being the recipient of a church led drug intervention.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I really don't care what Donald Trump says about women, overweight people, mexicans, handicapped, muslims etc etc, he is going to make America great again!! *Sarcasm* seriously how much more of his behavior can you accept?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Where is the liberal outrage about hillary referring to special ed children as "effing retards".

Trump should not be held to a higher standard than rapist enabler and apologist hillary clinton.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Exactly. Who cares what Trump said 11 years ago about playing grab-ass with a married woman. Meanwhile, Hillary is selling out her presidency and more importantly, this country, to the highest bidders. I'm growing so tired of Paul Ryan. He was kind of forced into being Speaker of the House but he shouldnt have accepted the role if he can't handle it. Honestly I hope Wisconsin votes him out.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Whaaaa? I'm about one Donald Trump thread from the end of my run I think. He did more to sink himself in 2005 then I could have ever accomplished.

Thanks Donald!

edit on 2016-10-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I find it amusing how many republicans can't identify with what comes out of Trump's mouth, yet continue to support him. Everyone has basic principles they live by. Usually in everyday life if you meet someone who doesn't share your moral beliefs, you won't call them your friend or even associate with them.

Trump has clearly showed his narcissistic personality, degrading women, his bigotry towards minorities ...oh why bother mentioning it all when Robert DeNiro said it best....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Pretty much anything Trump said 11 years ago I can accept when its entirely unrelated to fostering a healthy economy or defending the country. I dont have to agree with someones personal remarks from over a decade ago in order to align with their agenda for the country during the next decade. Paul Ryan better recognize by alienating Trump he is more likely to lose conservative support than gain any ground with liberals.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Lol do you ever leave your moms basement?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Robert De Niro 2016

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It really says something if people will still vote for a man who said nasty things, has been disavowed by their own party, over Hillary.

Hillary is still worse than Trump even with him saying naughty things 11 years ago.

Hillary still sucks wore than Trump. Even after all of this.

hahahahaha

<<   2  3  4 >>

join