It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The importance of Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well thanks for the message ATS i think i can handle it from here, i know the rules.

I have been having wierd dreams of late.
Mostly my dreams follow a standard procedure, IE most recent first, like the short but casual flirt with the tea-lady or the casual greeting of a fellow mechanic. That's perfectly normal, we always record the most recent events first, and then only those that are important to survival, like spotting a possible mate etc.
My dreams often involve being chased around an ancient castle & a sandstone mansion, which i know from memory as being the school where i grew up. We had ghosts there.
Mostly, in these dreams, i end up being chased & have to hide in the darkest cellar i can remember from back then. And i know them well, for i have been in these places, you can FEEL the years of decay around you. I actually enjoy visiting these dark places!. I no longer fear them, i actively search them out!
Even now i would not choose those places because they are no longer a part of our current time, or that they are relevant in any way, except as dreams.

But my dreams still plague me, and i would like to take heed of them, as of now, i will present them to you, as i understand them.

The being chased by some awesome dark power dream.

I used to think this dream was just me & my deranged mind, i found out later that it's a pretty much 'standard model' dream that everyone has, being based on PERFECTLY natural, NORMAL human Paranoia. Wow.

It is RIGHT to be scared of things, especially when they are outside of your comprehension.....Do not be alarmed, just watch & record, as you can......In my own personal experience i have had very little bad experiences from these, except to say that i have been attacked while in the dream state.
They tried to stop my heart beating, and it was a bitter struggle to keep it going. The upshot of that mind battle was a nosebleed for me.....
I survived that,thanks to both mental & psychic help from dear freinds. Do NOT try this kind of stuff alone, at the very least you should inform someone as to what you are trying to do, and simply ask for their help, even if they don't understand what you are talking abouut..

I will get back here when i can to answer, but i just wanted to see what do YOU think?
Do you think that some dreams can influence your future choices?
Do you think that there are others that can influence that?
Greetings, & with the greatest respect,
I will read your input.
-PWM-
edit on 7-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: t

edit on 7-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: typo's

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Yes
and Yes to your questions

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Any input at this time would be welcome, i am trying out a study that no-one wants to deal with (as usual)
LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I just wanted to say that if you had a REAL BAD feeling about taking the commuter train tomorrow, then my advice is; don't take it. Call in at the office & tell them you're ill or something.
This has (in retroflection) saved my life.......

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There are very few dreams that I can remember for more than an hour or 2. At the time they seem so important, and so vivid, like I actually went through whatever it was......the ones that seem to stick are me being pursued or trapped by some evil entity and having to solve a puzzle or escape somehow to get away. Unfortunately I never seem to get away, but so very very close to doing so.....not sure what it means tho.

Some people can be so moved by their dreams I have no doubt they can affect decision making for a while.

Ever try to get back into a dream as to finish whatever it was you were doing? I remember that happened to me a few times.......knew it was dream, but for some inexplicable reason wanted back in to finish what I started
edit on pm1010201616America/Chicago07p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
'They' say, dreaming of buildings is dreaming of ourselves. Some dream of bright sunny cottages, other dark forbidding castles. If you are inside your dream building, then you are dreaming of you, your hopes and fears.

Being chased is the fear we have that others don't like us or are trying to manipulate us. Might be from the past or right now.

No need to panic, just look around and look in your past for times you were controlled, manipulated, mentally and emotionally or physically hurt, maybe.

We work things out in our dreams, see things in new and different light. The answer is right there.

Who is chasing you in your dream? What are you frightened of?
edit on 7-10-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

OP if you continually have the same or similar dreams, in my experience, it usually relates to something in your life. it may have a lot of symbolism, which you will need to research to see how it may relate to something you might need to change in your life.

When I have had of these repetive dreams, I eventually figured it out ( with symbolism) and when I recognized it and changed, the dreams stopped.

Best wishes

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Since an early age I have had dreams which have come true

This led me to believe that there is more to dreaming

When we drift off to sleep ... we are oblivious of this world
In a sense it is like dying
Upon waking we often forget our dreams
Though there are some dreams that hold such power that we can recall those dreams ... years after the event

In short I will tell what I learnt

There are different types of dream

One type is like a theatre ... where we can learn of ourselves

Other dreams can show us of future events

Or meet up with those who have passed on

Or satisfy a need that is not met in waking life

I like many have had dreams that are as "real as day" and also within such dreams have known I was dreaming

Here is a verse from an old poem of mine

This life is but a dream
Arising layers of slumbering
One day to awaken
Oh soul awaken!

edit on 8-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
dreams are important in our intellectual world reality

daydreams also present some very fine visions that help one's growth and standing in the world...valuable stuff

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some good answers coming in already.

Annoyedpharmacist;

...the ones that seem to stick are me being pursued or trapped by some evil entity and having to solve a puzzle or escape somehow to get away. Unfortunately I never seem to get away, but so very very close to doing so.....not sure what it means tho.

Same here.

Intrptr;

'They' say, dreaming of buildings is dreaming of ourselves. Some dream of bright sunny cottages, other dark forbidding castles. If you are inside your dream building, then you are dreaming of you, your hopes and fears.
Being chased is the fear we have that others don't like us or are trying to manipulate us. Might be from the past or right now.

I guess so, but when awake i have long since stopped being afraid of anything, but there could be some subconcious fear at work in there. I guess the only thing that does frighten me is myself, LOL
I don't care much if peeps like me or not, but i always try to get along, better to avoid confrontations for the sake of peace.

Not sure who it is doing the chasing, or why. In my dreams i'm oviously afraid or i wouldn't be running, but it doesnt seem to be mortal fear.

No need to panic, just look around and look in your past for times you were controlled, manipulated, mentally and emotionally or physically hurt, maybe.

Too many to mention LOL, that's what gave me a thick skin.....

Yes it's not easy trying to get back into a dream to finish it, but then dreams never end, do they?

They say that dreams begin with recent actual events, like things that happened to you today, they go further back in time, and then start to get all unreal as your subconcious mind starts to add stuff that never happened.
Fascinating....

Liveandlearn:

OP if you continually have the same or similar dreams, in my experience, it usually relates to something in your life. it may have a lot of symbolism, which you will need to research to see how it may relate to something you might need to change in your life.

Mostly my dreams are exciting futuristic escapades, like i would be a Luke Skywalker character or whatever, only there are still the chase dreams which always have this huge mansion/castle, which is exactly what my old school was.

I'm sure it's not the bullying or homesickness, we've all had that, & i came out (in my own opinion) quite well balanced because of it, i learned to give & take punches, give & take orders, i learned that bullying someone for the sake of it was wrong, but at the same time take no poop from anyone no matter how big they are.

Quite the opposite in fact, i've had the urge to slap some idiot at work, or the neighbour who ALWAYS parks outside my door, but i don't.
I get them in my dreams though, i dreamt i won the lottery, bought a Humvee & shortened his car by a few feet while parking, LMAO

edit on 8-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: aaargh!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry run out of space.
Same here.

Intrptr;

I guess so, but when awake i have long since stopped being afraid of anything, but there could be some subconcious fear at work in there. I guess the only thing that does frighten me is myself, LOL
I don't care much if peeps like me or not, but i always try to get along, better to avoid confrontations for the sake of peace.

Not sure who it is doing the chasing, or why. In my dreams i'm oviously afraid or i wouldn't be running, but it doesnt seem to be mortal fear.

Too many to mention LOL, that's what gave me a thick skin.....

Yes it's not easy trying to get back into a dream to finish it, but then dreams never end, do they?

They say that dreams begin with recent actual events, like things that happened to you today, they go further back in time, and then start to get all unreal as your subconcious mind starts to add stuff that never happened.
Fascinating....

Liveandlearn:

Mostly my dreams are exciting futuristic escapades, like i would be a Luke Skywalker character or whatever, only there are still the chase dreams which always have this huge mansion/castle, which is exactly what my old school was.

I'm sure it's not the bullying or homesickness, we've all had that, & i came out (in my own opinion) quite well balanced because of it, i learned to give & take punches, give & take orders, i learned that bullying someone for the sake of it was wrong, but at the same time take no poop from anyone no matter how big they are.

Quite the opposite in fact, i've had the urge to slap some idiot at work, or the neighbour who ALWAYS parks outside my door, but i don't.
I get them in my dreams though, i dreamt i won the lottery, bought a Humvee & shortened his car by a few feet while parking, LMAO

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yes there's something in that, my dreams are a mix of all those things, although sadly the being a millionaire part hasn't happened yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ETA; Although the shrinks have most of the answers, i'm not fond of psychiatry as a profession, to me it has degenerated into a means to control peeps & not much more.
Get us all trained, Pavlov like, so we are already salivating as we wait for the next Pokemon animal to appear on our smartphones. I guess they call them that because they are becoming smarter than the peeps who use them....

But it's fun to discuss the workings of our brains with members here, you peeps are "smarter than the average bear"

I'm off to watch a dumb film on YT, maybe i will dream about it.....

edit on 8-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: comedy

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Taking a little time to understand your dreams and their potential meaning and significance can be a highly rewarding and informative process. They offer you the chance to see what is going on within the deepest parts of the self.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've had many psychic dream experiences, dreaming of someone who I haven't thought of in five years, a day before they call me, and others more personal. While awake we exist more or less in the present, but while dreaming, our minds are open to the distant past (in the form of Jungian archetypes, etc) and to the future as well, who knows how distant. Other cultures regard dreaming as an important art and science, but it's been largely lost to ours until just recently. With no more continents to discover and space travel far too costly for the average human, exploring the dream world seems a worthy endeavor.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WorldThief

Yes, the Austrailian Aboriginies have the Dreamtime, where the spirits from distant past exist in dreams.
Communial dreams, where whole tribes shared some mystical experience.
Sounds great, i spoke to an Aboriginal about this last year, they really are fascinating peeps, and because of the dreamtime, have a totally different outlook on life than us Westeners.

I hope that in these pages we can dissect & discuss the meaning of our dreams!

edit on 29-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: typo's

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes dreams of the future, i rarely get them, the most vivid was the one i had during my NDE.
It was 20-30 years ahead but i saw it all so clearly. That was at least 10 years ago so it has to happen soon, that means me being in a crtain place at a certain time for it to happen. I have learnt that things happen when you need them too, but only just. I was contemplating buying a small lathe because i NEEDED it, and a few days later i was given one for free. How's that for coincidence? I never once asked for what i wanted, but i got it anyway.

Lab is closed for a refit so no more research for a while....have patience young Padawans.....

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes i think the wierd dreams could be due to work-related stress.
By that i mean my day job, which is unstable at best, but the good news is i have the choice of a more stable regular job closer to home, which means my real work can forge ahead.

That has had immediate effect. I have a new car, next week a new roof, the fusion project is about to take off (i hope not literally) and i hope to have a new job soon. The lab has been taken down, so i have some time for myself.
All good.

new topics

top topics

join