It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lone Black Chopper unmarked last night above me and Fermi ll Nuclear reactor Lake Erie, MI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

What you said here, describes what I saw directly over...

"Chinook, CH-47, has two, counter-rotating rotors, one over the front and one over the rear. They counter-rotate so their blades can "mesh", much like egg-beaters / mixers. The fuselage is mostly a constant width from the pilot to the tail."

But coming at me head on? It looked like a prop plane....at first I said it was, in seconds the wife said it sounded like a chopper...then the sound changed and i heard it that way too.

Thank you very much. Appreciated!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks very much the trusting part! It was twilight and 3 deer stepped out to feed as they do then...

What I heard and saw was immediate and sudden... and not coming from a long way off as expected...plane to chopper sound as well...and the visual aspect of sudden viewing a white light under a prop plane and sound...turning almost immediately into a chopper sound and all black or very dark green) as it flew over me....

I also got the impression they turned to me because we were the only ones there....then over the nuke plant.

And the place on the lake has been FULL of people, boats, planes etc...but not then...It was EMPTY. We even remarked going in..."Where is everybody? We are the only one's here!"

Thanks for the reply! MS

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
*ADDITIONAL INFO- 2nd Nuke PLant within range

Viewed at: Sterling State Park, Monroe Michigan....you are within a mile and sight of the FERMI 2 Nuke plant.

Just southeast of this spot across maybe 30 or so lake miles and on clear days within sight...is a 2nd Nuke Plant in Ohio...the Davis–Besse Nuclear Power Station,a nuclear power plant northeast of Oak Harbor in Ottawa County, Ohio, United States.

At my viewing sight...I had the Fermi 2 reactor...and across and south...the OTHER reactor.

**And I wanted to add that on clear days one can see over to Canada straight across, to the roller coasters at the amusement park Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio some 50 miles out across the water. southeast..and the smoke from the stack of Davis-Bess Nuke Power Station due south of the park.
edit on 8-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: ck

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You speak of the XH-75D Shark helicopter,fabled to be silent and faster than conventional helicopters.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

1. A single black unmarked chopper

How do you know that it is unmarked? How do you expect to see low visibility markings? This "unmarked" non-sense is just ridiculous. They are low visibility for a reason.

For example this MH-60K Blackhawk.

www.airteamimages.com...

The ridiculous thing is people give you all these stars. Why?

edit on 8/10/2016 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber
One thing I've been seeing lately is an all white helicopter over Philadelphia. It has no markings.

Oh...!!!! and I just remember something weird that happened in Nashville.

It happened more than once. A commercial helicopter would be flying really low and in circles over my apartments. It more circle about 10 times and leave.

I would go on to the roof and watch it. It was so close that the pilot knew I was watching him. I could hit it with a rock easy.

Yet another one! How do you know that it was "unmarked"? How do you know that the helicopter wasn't carrying perfectly legal registration?

It is no different to people claiming to see unmarked airliners. For example this all white Boeing 747. How do people expect to see the registration at distance?

www.planespotters.net...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

If you go back up thru the replies...Ive concluded thru responses I couldnt tell. But it appeared white and a prop plane coming at me, went over my sunroof...and it was LOW, LOW...and I saw no markings...but that can be expected with the points you mention and made.

Also, looking right straight up thru my roof...I could only tell it was dark...either dark green or black. It was daylight at twilight with nothing but sky and lake anywhere near.

**This is close to what it looked like, but no windows I could see...

If you have read thru the replies Ive made? The main thing seems it appeared/sounded like a white plane..saw us it seemed.../like wanting to check us out (ie Customs/Homeland Security/Border Patrol who Ive NEVER seen use such vehicles and I do all the time 3-4 nights a week)...turned and took on the shape and sound of a chopper. Quieter than most but with two rotors...*

PS As it went away from us...it took on the shape again of a plane with one single bottom white strobe and wings...it was more than odd. And I cant say it had no markings for sure, but low enough it looked like it did not...

Thank you!
edit on 8-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: photo add

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I might add...it wasnt at a distance...but only a hundred or 150 ft above my sunroof....I looked right up at it as it came and passed and on a right angle away from us

PPS: And I have NEVER placed any importance on stars or flags...and I dont give em either...who really cares?

Thanks again tho!
edit on 8-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: pps

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I will say that on it's turn towards me I thought it a white prop plane... I swear.... Then as it passed...it was a all black front and back prop chopper nothing on it... And as it passed... It still sounded like a single ...something... Military Chinook or Huey- shaped... I'm not great with models

The double prop sound is because it was a privately owned Cessna O-2 Skymaster. It is a twin prop push/pull aircraft. N802A also wears USAF markings but is privately owned.

This very registration N802A noted on planefinder flight tracking software.

www.jetphotos.net...

Distinct sound of N802A.

N802A has been painted all black in the past.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

If you have read thru the replies Ive made? The main thing seems it appeared/sounded like a white plane..saw us it seemed.../like wanting to check us out (ie Customs/Homeland Security/Border Patrol who Ive NEVER seen use such vehicles and I do all the time 3-4 nights a week)...turned and took on the shape and sound of a chopper. Quieter than most but with two rotors...*

PS As it went away from us...it took on the shape again of a plane with one single bottom white strobe and wings...it was more than odd. And I cant say it had no markings for sure, but low enough it looked like it did not...

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply. You have simply been fooled by the unusual sight and sound of a Cessna Skymaster. It was registration N802A and is privately owned in the Detroit area. Although privately owned it still wears USAF markings as a Cessna O-2. Also it wasn't as low as you think. It would have been flying at legal height as seen from the playback on flight tracking software.

Click on the playback for the flight of the Cessna.

Flight tracking software playback
edit on 8/10/2016 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It never looked like a plane...only a long wing and body for about a second or two....then this is what we saw fly over us pictured below...for about 30 seconds until gone....

Positively....above...and LOW...very...and the rotors whirling were unmistakeable....

Thanks for all the detail....that was our location and its flight path direction until over the reactor and out of sight...

*Since we're there at least 3 nights a week walking the dog (its so close to us)...Im gonna stake out the same spot and time...with my camera...wish me luck
edit on 8-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: going back...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It never looked like a plane...only a long wing and body for about a second or two....then this is what we saw fly over us pictured below...for about 30 seconds until gone....

Positively....above...and LOW...very...and the rotors whirling were unmistakeable....

Thanks for all the detail....that was our location and its flight path direction until over the reactor and out of sight...

*Since we're there at least 3 nights a week walking the dog (its so close to us)...Im gonna stake out the same spot and time...with my camera...wish me luck

Sorry but that is clearly ridiculous. You can clearly see that you and your wife have been fooled by a type of aircraft that you are unfamiliar with. Nothing changed or morphed and it was always a fixed wing aircraft.

Don't you think that it is a bit of give-away that an aircraft that you are unfamiliar with was flying the route at the time you witnessed your craft?

Sadly you will be wasting your time and effort. This is a classic example of how people can be fooled by the sighting of an unfamiliar and unique aircraft. Also take into consideration the sound of the two-engines. The sighting of the unfamiliar Cessna Skymaster has allowed your imagination to run riot.

It is a husband and wife team that own the Cessna Skymaster.

Summary1968 CESSNA M337B Fixed wing multi engine (6 seats / 2 engines) Owner SHAFER ROBERT GROSSE ILE , MI, US (Co-owned)

flightaware.com...

warbirds-eaa.net...

From the following image you can clearly see how that sighting as it passed over you has led to the confusion. It is your imagination that has allowed an unfamiliar type to be re-called in this fashion. You can see the fuselage pod with push/pull engine location and coupled with that unique sound has deceived you into thinking that it was a tandem rotor helo craft. You can then see why as it flew past that you saw it as a winged prop aircraft - It was always a winged prop aircraft with your imagination deceiving you.

warbirds-eaa.net...

edit on 9/10/2016 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It was probably just a radiation mapping helicopter. I'm from the DC area and they fly over and map out the area pretty often. They have equipment that detects radiation levels and compiles it into maps like google earth. The data is useful for various researchers

They notoriously fly really low. Look at these tweets of people saying it was right above their lawns lol www.nbcbayarea.com...
edit on 10/9/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Not that it should matter...but I'm a Homeland Security FEMA 1st Responder, EMT/ERT, Region 2 South, Michigan....right above my car and about the size-distance in that photo.....I did not say originally anything about "morphing".

I said I heard a plane...the wife said no its a helicopter...it was obvious she was right looking up at it while we were not moving through my sunroof.

Dark black or green...front rotor back rotor (2). And we saw it from the River Raisin at the Detroit River north over us and over Fermi. That's all.

Ever hear of FEMA 1st Responder and C.E.R.T. LZ/I.C.S. training? I'm certified in that and more and reported what I saw. Sorry. If you think I'm wrong that's on you. Thanks

MS
EMT/ERT, 1st Responder
FEMA/Dept Homeland Security
Advanced Disaster Life Support
Disaster Medical Triage and Survival Removal (helicopters and ground vehicles)
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Michigan
edit on 9-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: qualifications added

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
*FYI all:
Yes...as required...this was reported to my Commanders as an out-of-place sighting of a miltary-style helicopter.

MS
EMT/ERT, 1st Responder
FEMA/Dept Homeland Security
Advanced Disaster Life Support
Disaster Medical Triage and Survival Removal (helicopters and ground vehicles)
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Michigan

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Because they are flying very low

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

And? I see planes flying over very low all the time and the only way I can read their markings is through a telephoto lens. FAA regulations for civilian aircraft only require the markings to be 6-8 inches tall, and clearly visible from a reasonable distance. Military aircraft have numbers on the tail area that are on average about 3 inches tall and extremely hard to see. Unless you're looking through a good lens and they're right over you at the right angle, there's no way to tell for certain they're not marked.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber

Because they are flying very low

So why haven't aviation enthusiasts and aviation photographers imaged these 'unmarked aircraft'? Think about all the dedicated enthusiasts out there/forums/magazines and image databases and yet none of them have recorded any of these 'unmarked aircraft'?

As already pointed out by Zaphod the aircraft can be legally marked but the registration being small it can be difficult to make out.

For example see the following video filmed in Italy. The claim is

'Unidentified airplane with identifying marks removed'

The Boeing 767 is US registered and legally marked. The registration is carried on the rear of the fuselage. The registration being small is difficult to read. US regulations don't require the registration to be carried under the wings. Some countries do. The reason why the under wing markings have been removed is because that was the registration of the last operator.

Before it was re-registered it carried the Brazilian registration PR-BRV

www.jetphotos.net...

Here is the aircraft in question filmed in the US before Boeing loaned it to the Italian Air Force. It carries the registration N606TW.

When it was filmed it was part of the Boeing air refuelling tanker crew training program for the Italian Air Force.

The aircraft is legally marked and carries the registration on the rear of the fuselage.

www.airliners.net...

This is how these unmarked claims arise simply due to the fact that the registrations are small and can be difficult to see. The same goes for military aircraft where many of them carry tactical and low visibility markings.

For example this British Army Apache helicopter. It is legally marked and carries registration and national markings but they are exceptionally difficult to make out.

www.airliners.net...

edit on 17/10/2016 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I've got some beautiful shots of aircraft just coming off the runway, with me being a stones throw from the runway, in fact I had to pull my zoom back to get all the aircraft on the larger ones, and you have to zoom way in once you put them on the computer to see their registration.

It reminds me of the no windows claim on 9/11. I've seen really close, high definition pictures of planes where you could tell where the windows are from the reflection of light on them. And these people were miles away claiming there were no windows.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

The O-2B was a Psychological Warfare aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join