It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought on Nuclear war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nuclear war. It was a frightening reality we lived with in the 60's through the late 80's. Somehow, it seemed we had finally realized how ignorant that type of warfare was. So unfair. War is much better when you can kill others more "one at a time" than doing a big "blot out" of folks. Make if more personal. I think with Nukes, you kind of loose the "luster" of good old fashioned hand to hand combat, and bullets, blood and guts. Vaporizing a town, I thought, was something we outgrew.

Apparently, it's making a comeback. With new fears of Russia getting angry, and Syria wanting to run their country without our interference, new and exciting things are creeping back into our minds and idiot boxes. (TV's)
Yes, I am making light of nuclear war. Not a funny subject, but when you really think about it, War in itself is a pretty stupid idea. Several sides can't agree on something, so they send their young men and women to get slaughtered, only to find that the one who lost the most is wrong, and needs to agree with the one that either lost the least, or had more bodies to throw into the meat grinder. If both sides were run by adults with an idea of what an inflated ego was, and had the ability to talk rather than throw a temper tantrum, we would have discussions instead of wars. But then, the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) would fall by the wayside and those who love the $ would have to find real jobs, so we just can't have that.

For the young kids who didn't have the unique pleasure of growing up with the fear of MAD (Mutual assured destruction) it goes like this. If (country A) launches a nuclear strike on (Country B) then (Country C), the US and Russia will have to deploy their nuclear arsenal in order to counter the attack. Each country already has it's vulnerable cities locked into the launch codes. Total time from first launch to total annihilation of the world as we know it should be about 45 minutes. (give or take a few minutes) The lucky ones will be within the blast zone and will have the pleasure of dying really, really fast. Others will wander around breathing in radioactive particles, getting radiation sickness and dying a slow and agonizing death. (usually within a few days to a few weeks, depending on how close you are to the fallout and the prevailing winds)

There will be a few who go to underground bunkers and live as moles for years until the majority of the fallout has settled and a safe area can be established. And luckily for everyone, these will likely be the same bunch of assholes who pushed the button in the first place, so while the Human race may live on in some strange demented way, it will be a disgusting representation of of the worst of our worst, and I suspect they will kill each other with sticks or some other sharp object over who can have the left over radiated land or some other equally stupid prize.

So while this is much less than a happy thread, I can only hope that someone, in some form of power has the same ideas and can use their political clout to make world leaders aware of at least the repercussions of such a decision. But then, if we blow ourselves up, we don't have to worry about all the other issues that plague us this day and age. So there is that.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The elite love war and feed off the fear that the rumors create.

We once existed on planet Maldek where the elite eventually lost control and blew it up creating the Asteroid Belt.

Then we lived on Mars and again the elite loved war so much they vaporized the atmosphere.

Now the elite are losing control and would rather have a nuclear war than give power and freedom to the human peasants.

Here we go again.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
the Human race may live on in some strange demented way, it will be a disgusting representation of of the worst of our worst, and I suspect they will kill each other with sticks or some other sharp object over who can have the left over radiated land or some other equally stupid prize.

Sadly, I think you're right if it came down to it.

I certainly hope it doesn't.... I wish nations could find better ways to work together for the betterment of all citizens of this planet.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

the Human race may live on in some strange demented way, it will be a disgusting representation of of the worst of our worst, and I suspect they will kill each other with sticks or some other sharp object over who can have the left over radiated land or some other equally stupid prize.

I certainly hope it doesn't.... I wish nations could find better ways to work together for the betterment of all citizens of this planet.

-Alee

Yea, but how boring it would be if we all got along and lived happily ever after?

I don't dwell on stuff like that as I have no ability to change it. I just grew up with this kind of culture, and though I would share it with those who missed out on all the fun stuff.
In the end, life is too short to not enjoy a good cold beer.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

I wonder if it's the same idiots, or we keep making more of the same type of mental midget?
The gene pool could use a bit of chlorine.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Or the media is controlled by some shadow people that are payed to put fear into the masses.
Fear is a great tool to control people, always have some made up threat in the air to keep the wheels turning.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

-Alee

Yea, but how boring it would be if we all got along and lived happily ever after?

I don't dwell on stuff like that as I have no ability to change it. I just grew up with this kind of culture, and though I would share it with those who missed out on all the fun stuff.
In the end, life is too short to not enjoy a good cold beer.

I really like that response. I'm known to dwell on things out of my control, and I've done my best in recent months to recognize that, and put my energy into more useful things. Your comment made me smile.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

If you think about it, Nuclear war is the least to fear. No prolonged fighting, no worries about having to move to another area, you just get to stop existing on this plane. Quite easy to do actually.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
"Surviving a nuclear attack - Irwin Redlener"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I wonder if it's the same idiots, or we keep making more of the same type of mental midget?

Its the same immortal fallen angel, Lucifer, that tempts ordinary mortals into high places.

Then its either hell for them or obey his orders. Many elitists only realize that they are screwed when its too late. The elitists that accept their power with glee become the dictators like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Obama etc

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

Einstein said

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Sad but true

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Pretty much my thinking exactly.

And since most of our world leaders fall in to this category, complete destruction is almost inevitable.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hey N.D...how are ya? Again....mutually assured destruction kinda takes care of the "surviving" part! I know we set it this way once we had one, used it...then others got 'em, then those other guys got 'em, and now more want 'em.

Once one get drops...everything starts flying...and us...frying....till nothings left...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
The elite love war and feed off the fear that the rumors create.

We once existed on planet Maldek where the elite eventually lost control and blew it up creating the Asteroid Belt.

Then we lived on Mars and again the elite loved war so much they vaporized the atmosphere.

Now the elite are losing control and would rather have a nuclear war than give power and freedom to the human peasants.

Here we go again.
Except the fact they aren't losing control and you don't even know who "they" are

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude Is highly unlikely a nuclear war to occur. Many reasons. First nobody wants world wide destruction. Second, everybody knew where and when a potential town or target can be attacked by nuke, thus arming all defenses in the area(and space). Do not worry kids. Fallout 4... Not likely.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Except the fact they aren't losing control and you don't even know who "they" are

Club of Rome
Council of Foreign Relations

Rothschild's, Rockefeller's, Sinclair's, Windsors etc who all take orders from the fallen angels.

i agree, they are making out that they are losing control and will exploit that lie to make their Georgia Stones rule come true where they want the world population reduced by 6.5 billion.

However, they will face Judgement from the exact peasant spirits, after they terminate their meat-suits at the guillotine.

Oh and one other world event that happened in the past was when they used UFO scalar weaponry and drowned everyone during the Great Flood of Noah's days.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Move to oregon. Safest place on earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

At one time they were going to go beyond a fusion bomb (most nukes are this type) and make something less radioactivey. There was a cover story on OMNI or Popular Science about them. Set one off, gamma ray bursts (or some such non-ionizing radiation) that can penetrate walls but not knock them down and it does not make them all radioactive. The rays kill fleshy animal stuffs so you take care of the mass of population then you can go back in take over the buildings.

*sigh*

I guess we get messy nukes and mole people. And deep underground military bunkers.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There will be no nuclear war. The aliens won’t allow it.

You think that’s funny!?

But seriously, the aliens have put in too much time and effort and are too well embedded into the planet to tolerate nuclear war ruining their plans.

They have already proven they can not only launch but can shut down nukes anytime they want. If someone gets itchy fingers they might decide to launch them all and destroy them at altitude and have some plan to clean up the mess.

Sure some loony might set off a small tactical nuke, but rest assured, no major nuclear launches will ever be allowed to wreak havoc on this planet.

Now they might anal probe you, wipe your mind or remove a few hours from your life, but hey, that could happen the next time you go to the movies.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

At one time they were going to go beyond a fusion bomb (most nukes are this type) and make something less radioactivey. There was a cover story on OMNI or Popular Science about them. Set one off, gamma ray bursts (or some such non-ionizing radiation) that can penetrate walls but not knock them down and it does not make them all radioactive. The rays kill fleshy animal stuffs so you take care of the mass of population then you can go back in take over the buildings.

*sigh*

I guess we get messy nukes and mole people. And deep underground military bunkers.

What your talking about is the neutron bomb isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join